It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Air Strike and Troop Movement In Gaza Right Now!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Graystar,

I do not think that wishing an entire people to die is contributing much to the conversation.

Get it?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Exactly what I was going to say, Vagabond. Well said

As for the dude who wants to kill women and children just because they're muslim, thats just plain sick. Who gives a flying monkey (sexual act) what religion they are, they're still people for God's sake!

Human kind's greatest downfall was inventing religion in the first place. It's the best method of control ever conceived and you, my friend, are happily going along with the game. It is single handedly responsible for most of Histories greatest tragedies and it is about time we turned our back on this silly notion of "God" and be done with it.

EDIT to add: Think about it. Why would an all powerful God do the following:

1. Demand you follow only him. If he was truly "all powerful, all knowing", he wouldn't need to demand this
  2. Why would he condemn non-believers as heretics. If he was "all powerful, all knowing", he would be able to convert ALL people at the drop of a hat with a miracle here and there.
  3. To demand everyone worship him or be condemned to an eternity of punishment implies Ego. That, by definition, hints at Him being insecure and imperfect. An "all powerful, all knowing" God would not care about such things.
  4. Why does he allow supposed chosen people, believers, followers etc to fight it out over who has the right God, because when you boil it down, they all worship the same damn God anyway. This implies he either does not exist, is not all powerful or is in fact a seriously sick Mo Fo who does not deserve our devotion.

[edit on 28/6/06 by stumason]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

How dare the western world claim Israel is inhumane.

I guess Israelis throwing ACID on there own people during the pullouts is inhumane in your twisted and disturbed perspective

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Israel has every right to attack like this, and they have every right to inflict civilian cassualties

*Removed personal and off topic comment*

[edit on 28-6-2006 by helium3]

[edit on 28-6-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Israel is so bull-ish in tactics, throwing punches much harder than the Palestinians, and even sometimes for no reason.

As I said, it makes me completely sick, they are some of the most inhumane people I've ever seen, the military over there anyways, and anyone that agrees with what they do. You have my full disgust, lack of respect and hatred. No one deserves that unnecessary type of provocation.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Exactly what I was going to say, Vagabond. Well said

Ditto for you on religion.

I think it's time for religion to change. Historically its common for the standing of various gods to change over time, and Western religion has been curiously resistant to this absolutely natural process. I think religion needs to morph to represent contemporary pyschological needs.

For example, perhaps we could have a nice myth about how Armageddon came and humans beat both God and the devil. I know that seems blasphemous or at least unlikely to some of you, but is it really that hard to swallow? What has God done lately besides send his lackies after people who didn't have it coming? I'm not so sure he can't be beaten. I mean come on, he sent Richard Reid to do his dirty work and he's got Pat Robertson speaking for him!

Frankly I think this "God" person is more trouble than he's worth, and he'll continue to be until his followers promise to stop killing people (and in the case of one of our members, promise to stop praying for genocide.. or faithacide or whatever it is when you expunge a religion).

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
MajesticJax,

Shalit's abduction Sunday by Hamas' military wing and two other Hamas-linked groups has threatened to turn already devastated relations between Israel and the Hamas-led government into an all-out war.----- from www.usatoday.com... Hamas is the party in charge isn't it? Unless their government has lost complete control of their military.

I am not an expert on any part of the bloody history of the region. Yet it seems that Israel has done close to everything that was asked of them. Giving back chunks of land and giving the palestinians political freedom. Yet the attacks haven't stopped hell the paper rarely reports all the missle attacks the palestinains are raining down on Israel on a nearly daily basis.

Perhaps someone can direct me to a url where the palestinian government says explcitly that Israel has a right to exist where it is today. I won't count the one time where arafat said it in english only to deny it to his own people in his native tounge. If the palestinians won't or perhaps can't say the words I don't understand why Israel continues to talk at all.

Perhaps some of the experts can give me an answer. If the only way for peace is for israel not to be a nation...where would you move the israelis??? I mean israel as it is today makes up less than 1% of the middle east land mass. Less than 1% is still way to much for alot of people to let the jews have. So if the answer is to move the israelis out, which country would you move them next to?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by i4cu2
So if the answer is to move the israelis out, which country would you move them next to?

move them next to Texas.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Wishing death on to women and children is pretty sick thing to do. Not everyone in Gaza is a terrorist (Israel knows that), majority of Palestinans want peace with Israel and do not want destruction of Israel (unlike Hamas).

And making reference to the Old Testiment, do you know the Israel of the Old Testiment was much larger than modern Israel? The Kingdom of Israel covers parts of Lebanon, Syria and parts of Egypt. So you want the Israel to expand its borders and result in another war in the holy land

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

And making reference to the Old Testiment, do you know the Israel of the Old Testiment was much larger than modern Israel? The Kingdom of Israel covers parts of Lebanon, Syria and parts of Egypt. So you want the Israel to expand its borders and result in another war in the holy land

Since I'm the one who used an OT Bible verse I guess you are talking to me. Did you even read the verses? It says Israel and Jerusalem will be a focus point in the last days. Someone else made a comment about how the Middle East is an unstable region, and I was backing this up with confirmation from the Bible. It will also continue.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by i4cu2
So if the answer is to move the israelis out, which country would you move them next to?

Germany after all what did the Palestinians eva do to deserve having there country stolen by the Britts and Jews ?. If your going to give out land over guilt
why not take the land from the guilty in this case Germany

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I noticed this article from the jerusalem post,first printed june 25th:

www.jpost.com...

Could this be the real reason for the israeli incursion?
I am surprised that this article has not been used as the direct cause,as it seems bigger news than the capture of one solider.This is bad news.I hope its not true.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Religion = Divide and Conquer

Oneness = Answer.

I dream about the day the world's armies realize the corruption and the evil activities they are doing against their own kind. On that day those "out of this world" leaders will be doomed. The power they have over us is the power we give them everyday "TRUST"

"People should not be afraid of their government, governments should be afraid of their people" V for Vendetta.

[edit on 28-6-2006 by xxghostsxx]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
graystar, I don't know where the hell you get off reveling in the death of millions of CHILDREN

[edited, *must hold back fist of death* -nygdan]

[edit on 28-6-2006 by Nygdan]

[edit on 28-6-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
If you can do it, Nyg, so can I. I will not feed the troll.

Anyway...

I'm not sure how this is the beginning of the end at all... we all saw this coming.

Israel's first mistake, in my opinion, was ignoring many of the rocket attacks from Gaza. By letting Hamas get away with these unwarranted attacks on Israeli civilians - it simply paved the way for this incursion into Israel and kidnapping of the soldier. The Palestinian Authority are the ones who need to be help responsible for Hamas's actions. Israel is within their right for now threatening to target their political leadership. Let's see if they'll actually live up to their threats. History has shown us that they don't work. They never did with Arafat and they haven't since his death.

The Palestinians had every right to elect a democratic government, but the day they elected a terrorist organization the gloves came off. Isreal has been taking it very, very easy with them.

The current Israeli government is one of the most moderate in years. They are willing to make unprecedented concessions. It's boggles my mind that the Palestinian leadership is turning the situation once again into a #estorm. The Palestinian leadership is making it very hard for the vast majority of Israelis who actually believe in peace (as I understand it), as well as those that supported the Gaza withdrawal as well support future withdrawals from the West Bank.

Hamas in power is the worst thing to ever happen to the Palestinian people. There was some optimism that they would temper themselves once in power, but obviously not.

I'm not defending Isreal for every civilian casualty. I'm not defending every past attack they have made. But in this circumstance I support what they are doing. Should they seek to remove the Hamas leadership entirely

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
Since I'm the one who used an OT Bible verse I guess you are talking to me. Did you even read the verses? It says Israel and Jerusalem will be a focus point in the last days. Someone else made a comment about how the Middle East is an unstable region, and I was backing this up with confirmation from the Bible. It will also continue.

Yes, but Jerusalem has to be united. It is currently divided and the Temple Mount has to be destroyed and rebuilt. Neither have come to pass. Judeo-christian myths state that for the messiah to come and the epic battle, Israel has to be restored to its OT borders.

(my previous post was not aimed at you)

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Quote from June 25th jerusalem post article: The Aksa Martyrs Brigades announced on Sunday that its members have succeeded in manufacturing chemical and biological weapons.

In a leaflet distributed in the Gaza Strip, the group, which belongs to Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas's Fatah Party, said the weapons were the result of a three-year effort.
According to the statement, the first of its kind, the group has managed to manufacture and develop at least 20 different types of biological and chemical weapons.

The group said its members would not hesitate to add the new weapons to Kassam rockets that are being fired at Israeli communities almost every day. It also threatened to use the weapons against IDF soldiers if Israel carried out its threats to invade the Gaza Strip.

"We want to tell [Prime Minister Ehud] Olmert and [Defense Minister Amir] Peretz that your threats don't frighten us," the leaflet said.

"We will surprise you with our new weapons the moment the first soldier sets foot in the Gaza Strip."
Link posted in my other post above.
Could Israel be goading the palestinians into using these new weapons-in order to gain support from the rest of the world for the annihilation of Gaza?
Or is this fear mongering propaganda by the Jerusalem Post?
Seems odd this story isn`t on all corporate news channels in the west,but the mainstream can be slow to pick up on stories i guess.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Lets not worry about the biblical apocalypse, since we have a nicelittle real world one possibly being setup, right here, right now.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Lets not worry about the biblical apocalypse, since we have a nicelittle real world one possibly being setup, right here, right now.

You don't think it'll get that bad do you?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I dont see this dying down nicely for sure....

its been years an decades in the making, soon the balloon will pop.

Im just not sure how its gonna do so.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Israel has a disturbingly powerful military, hopefully it will only be used in a limited way. But this operation in gaza, its easy to see that it could escalate into an operation throughout the terrritories. And its also easy to see that groups like hizbollah and others from lebanon and syria might start becoming more active, ESPECIALLY if the yehudis decide that its no longer in their favour to grant the palestinians their Palestinain Authority government, OR if they decide to attack Hamas throughout the region.

What happens if that is going on, and there is a buildup of syria's military, and then war breaks out between the US and Iran? And how many other arab states are going to stand by while Israel is on the move in apparent coordination with the US "against islam"?

In all likelyhood, not too much will happen, but its definitely got the sound of the start of somethign big.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join