It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To EVERYONE on ATS; What are you affraid of?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'm afraid of dying alone
and at the same time I crawl inside a protective shell
afraid to open my heart again.
It may be lonely, but it's safer.

I fear going completely deaf because it's happening and it's irreversable.
A musician's worst nightmare second only to amputation of my hands or fingers.

I'll be worm fodder before stem cell research is far enough along to help me.

I fear losing my mind before my body gives out.

Without love and music, I'm already dead.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
There are only two things that i can think of that I am really bothered and scared of.

Potato bugs (when I was a kid I found one and I thought it was some alien thing)

camel Spiders (If you have never seen one look them up on line. Nasty bug. Saw alot of these in the middle east having been there to many times)

Nast- Nasty bug.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well this could be an endless number if one thinks of real fears. They could change on a daily basis.

If I was to pick one it has to be if the American govt. mandates us to have a implanted I.D. of some kind. For me I would not conform to this, and I presume at some point I would not be able to conduct business in my country.

So I would have to become a criminal to live, eat and survive. My family would also be on the run. It is something I think of often. With no way to transfer money, as in purchasing food, fuel, mortgage ect. I think of just how bad a way of life it would be for my family, myself and like minded people.

Silly as it sounds it is seriously my worst fear. Hopefully it will never come to pass and my fear will never see materialization.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
OOooo.. good thought provoker.

Umm... lemme see.

I loathe roaches.. mostly because they skitter too quickly for me to discern what they are. (That and if you step on a female, her eggs lodge themselves in your shoe.. I don't need any of those kinda friends following me home..)
But I'm not scared of them.. just completely and utterly grossed out by them.. them and all speedy critters...

I can't decide if I'm afraid of, or just dislike, confrontations. Verbal, physical, mental.. whichever. Debates and discussions are one thing, because there's a mutual understanding that there's no attacking happening. But to step up and point a finger in someone's face.. *shudders* I just don't have it in me. (Altho I've smacked quite a few people in my head.. but I figure that doesn't really count because, well, it's not real..)
I am terrified of hurting people. Making them feel bad, physically raising my hand to them.. I simply do not possess the willpower to maliciously hurt someone.

I'm not afraid of death.. I've visualized myself dying in a million different ways, and I'm tolerant of pain. However, I will admit that I am afraid of taking risks.. so I guess in some respect I'm afraid of life, of living. I'm an adventurous spirit, so leaving everything and wandering isn't a big deal. In fact, it's on my list of things to do..

I'd hate to lose *all* of my marbles.. and know that I lost them. If I don't know that I had any, fine, then let me live in my padded room -- I'll be blissfully happy. But to know that I used to know this or that.. but I don't anymore.. the frustration!
Not sure if that's a phobia/fear tho..

Being in complete darkness used to scare the crap out of me.. only because I'd see eyes staring at me. I used to hate people staring, now I just don't care anymore. Haven't been in complete darkness in awhile, so I'll hafta get back to you..

P.S. If you think the spelling of today is atrocious.. then check out Chaucer's time. When he wrote The Canterbury Tales, there was no dictionary in existence for the English language! He spelt it like he said it...

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Anal probes, 300-700lbs women, and dengue fever....

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by UofCinLA
Anal probes, 300-700lbs women, and dengue fever....

ROFL
You are too funny

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

a mad person coming into my house while im relaxing and killing me with a rusty chain saw (quite irrational i no )

its ok....ive oiled it

my biggest fear is of what sort of world my daughter is going to inherret.

and the other is being out with my gf and our daughter and someone attacking us and me not being able to defend them,

it happened to a pal of mine last month, he was beaten up and they smacked his wife and 7 year old daughter in the face whilst he was on the floor, he cant sleep because of not being able to defend them...im truley gutted for him as its tearing him up, as it would do to me aswell.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This is my first post here

I'm afriad of spiders, but not big ones, the ones that are small and hard to see.
I'm am afraid of clowns, too.
I'm also afraid of big flies, like horse flies.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
needles

it's just creepy to see and or feel a small metal tube injecting liquids into or removing liquids from your body

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
To everyone who has posted:

I want to thank each and every one of you (not personally, that would take waaayyy too long
) for coming to this thread and (in no uncertain terms) showing your underbelly (obviously, not literally) and being courageous enough to (at least on some small level) face your fears.
I actually revealed some of my darkest fears to all of you, and in turn, you did the same.
That takes guts, no matter how you look at it.
One of the main purposes of why exactly I did this, was, believe it or not, to bring all of us a little closer together (well, not in that hippie sense, but psychologicaly).
We are a community, and, I'd like to think that all of us, have something very particular in common.
Whatever that is, it's what brought us all to this website.
Also, if there is a sinister force out there, the only way we as people can overcome it, is to band together and act as a community.
And that's exactly what we did here.
So, to all of you who contributed, Bravo!
And thank you!

- Sun Wu-K'ung
The Great Sage, Equal to Heaven
Handsome Monkey King

To all of you who have yet to post:
Well, what're you waiting for?
Lets see if we can get this thread to a thousand plus!

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by torbjon
my dad used to say 'fear is a mind killer'

Your dad was a science fiction reader.

That line is from Dune. It is part of the Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Clumsy writing, but psychologically accurate and effective, especially on teenagers.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cerebral Souldier
I'm not scared of anything (really, I'm not)... except lies.

Cerebral Souldier fears the above statement.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by Astyanax]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm mostly afraid of losing the things I don't even have.

I'm also afraid that everyone will find out I'm a fraud, a lier and a thief!

I don't mean thief in the material sense; I steal love and never return it.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
...very profound.

I'm also affraid that I'm right about a lot of things.

...things that I'd rather not discuss...

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'm deathly afraid of dying without having something I can be proud to achieve, other than that, basically nothing, insects don't creep me out and I enjoy the dark as much as I enjoy the light.

Basically, I NEED to achieve something worthwhile with my life.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I'm deathly afraid of snakes and spiders.
My Mother says that when I was a small child I would take the flash light and look for spiders.

I'm also afraid of dying alone and especially not having accomplished my one desire of being an accomplished writer.
I have 6 chapters written titled "The Red Velvet Books" but I've had a writers block for so long now and I can't seem to finish it.

[edit on 30-6-2006 by MagicaRose]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Also,
I'm affraid of stray dogs.
(and any dog that I don't know, including those walking with their people. If I don't actually know them, I'm affraid of them).

Wow.
I guess I'm affraid of a lot of things.
Moreso than I thought.

I wonder if that's unhealthy...

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
spirals scare the snotty piss out of me

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Really?
Wow, that's seriously interesting!
I've never heared that before!
Although, I have heard of someone being affraid of polkadots (sp?).

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Clumsy writing, but psychologically accurate and effective, especially on teenagers.

Clumsy? Clumsy is Lovecraft. That is tortured, awkward prose if I've ever seen it. I'm not saying Herbert is great...he's just a pillar of scifi, like Heinlein and Niven.

Spiders scare the holy hell out of me.

DE

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join