It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something really weird just happened...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I have been sitting here in my living room at my computer reading about the Travis Walton story and looking at UFO pictures for about the last 3 hours straight. My friend was laying on the couch watching some stupid movie on OnDemand. By the time the movie finished, he was completely passed out. The channel remained on the OnDemand channel for over an hour showing movie previews over and over. Suddenly I heard the channel change, so I looked over and the TV changed to TNT. Out of all the shows that could have been on, it was the X-Files. The even weirder thing was it was right on a part where Mulder was looking into the sky and talking to Scully on the phone about UFOs. I figured my friend must have changed the channel, but when I got up to look, he was still totally passed out and the remote control was on the ground out of his reach. What do you think about this? Some kind of strange sign? Or a very rare equipment malfunction and coincidence?

[edit on 27-6-2006 by Diplomat]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Do you have a dvr like a Tivo hooked up to that t.v.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
He may have fell asleep holding the remote, then it dropped, and as it did got banged, and changed the channel?

Still though, it is eerie that the show that comes on is in reference to Fire In the Sky. I have had stuff like this happen before too.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I've lived in two places where I was toyed with by poltergeists or ghosts via the radio or TV. (Well, that was one of their avenues.) In the case of channel changes it was usually a significant change depending on what was going on at the moment.

So if your friend didn't just drop the remote while sleeping, you might just have a playful poltergeist in the area.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
maybe it means that aliens do exist and mulder was right about everything!

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Your friend probably dropped the remote and the channel changed.

I honestly doubt it was the work of aliens or any sinister sort of agency. Especially if the channel next to your on demand channel is TNT, which if I remember, have X-files marathons on various nights of the week.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I asked my friend this morning about it. He claims TNT was the channel he was watching before he switched to watch the OnDemand movie, and that after awhile ondemand automatically goes back to the channel you were watching. Makes sense to me. Still a strange coincidence that Mulder was talking about UFOs right as it changed though...

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
My guess is he rolled over on the remote and hit the "back" key.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
I asked my friend this morning about it. He claims TNT was the channel he was watching before he switched to watch the OnDemand movie, and that after awhile ondemand automatically goes back to the channel you were watching. Makes sense to me. Still a strange coincidence that Mulder was talking about UFOs right as it changed though...

I would imagine that Mulder is almost ALWAYS talking about something weird on the x-files!

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
He claims TNT was the channel he was watching before he switched to watch the OnDemand movie, and that after awhile ondemand automatically goes back to the channel you were watching. Makes sense to me.

OnDemand does revert back to the previous channel. The "oodity" that TNT just so happened to be broadcasting X-Files reruns seems more coincidence than anything else.

It would seem the "weirdness" of this occurence has been sufficiently explained/determined.

Therefore, Closing ...

join