It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anniversary Help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I need some advice. Today is me and my girlfriends 2 month anniversary, but I don't really have much money, so I was thinking we can just watch movies at my house and get some burgers and just relax.

Ladies, does this sound like a good night? Because, as long as me and my g/f are together, isn't that all that should matter?

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
dont ask anybody here, use your noggin and speak to your girl... ask her what does she want to do... shell probably say shes happying being with you so i dont know...

do something spontanious but cheap..

have lunch in the park...

i dont know maybe its too cold for that do something original...

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
get a take away.... get some candles .. buy a horror movie....

use your imagination....

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
get a pad of stickers... write i love you on about 50 of them and put them on a trail at the front door... leading to your candlight take away....

phone her up when she knocks on your door say come in its open ... she will follow the stickers ect ect..

come on man its so easy to be romantic...

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Get her some flowers. Red Roses. You can never go wrong with flowers. Plus they are not expensive.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
lol ocelot red roses are pretty expensive man.. sure 1 aint but 2 dozen red roses is expensive when your broke....

link   
isn't that all that should matter?

Unless you plan on celebrating your anniversary EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN MONTH of the year....don't even go there

Just tell her you'd like to do something really special but you're broke. If you last 6 months then spend the dough

link   
Hey okay cool, she is cool with the idea of kicking back at may house. So we're going to do that, fun fun fun!

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
lol ocelot red roses are pretty expensive man.. sure 1 aint but 2 dozen red roses is expensive when your broke....

I never said to get 2 dozen. Hell even one red rose is a nice gesture. Girls appreciate that. Roses have never failed me yet.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
My G/f Birthdays tommorow, and our 3rd year anniversary next month.

Who says being a man is all fun

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot Roses have never failed me yet.

Is that why you spend all your time online????
just kidding

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
My G/f Birthdays tommorow, and our 3rd year anniversary next month.

Who says being a man is all fun

Her birthday was like a week apart from our 1st month anniversary last month. I was broke as # that week.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venus

Originally posted by Ocelot Roses have never failed me yet.

Is that why you spend all your time online????
just kidding

I don't spend all my time online. As a matter of fact I have a date tomorow night. This girl I met who takes a class with me in college. Hope it works out, she's gorgeous.

[Edited on 24-10-2003 by Ocelot]

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
WELL DON'T FORGET THE FLOWERS THEN

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venus
WELL DON'T FORGET THE FLOWERS THEN

I never give flowers on a first date. That I leave for special ocassions only. If you give flowers too often they loose their effect after a while.

[Edited on 24-10-2003 by Ocelot]

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Are you really going to celebrate monthly?
How long do you plan to continue this?
Pretty soon this will not only get old, but it will lose its meaning.
I can see 6 months... but 2?
Is she into this idea?

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Though the day is passed....

You could just get one red rose for each month and bundle it with a sprig of baby's breath (looks expensive, but isn't). You could do that for under $5...

Like some mentioned...

CANDLES, CANDLES, CANDLES...and oh, did I mention....CANDLES....

Make her dinner or lunch, etc. (it doesn't have to be expensive...could just be stuff you already have....) It's the thought that matters...

Seriously though, we too did the celebrate each month thing....I found that after 6, we then just moved onto annual anniversaries.....

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 01:32 AM
link   
if you get too into anniversarys monthly, your in trouble...if it lasts awhile and stays serious, for annual anniversarys its better to save up a little and get a nice peice of small jewelry...I reccomend a nice blue topaz found in an antique shop....worked great for my 4th wedding anniversary...and wasn;t too expensive, btu it showed i thought it out, and that I cared. It also gets good mileage until the birhday, which is usually well served with a nice dinner, and maybe something more practical, like a nice sweater/hoodie/set of PJs, etc...(chicks are always getting cold...they love comfy stuff that warms them up...but that better for Christmas/Birthdays...go romatic for anniversaries, but establish early on, that monthly ones are only small ones, like a night out at the bar and some Candles, like earlier posters suggested)

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Oh...and pay attention!!!!

When she sees something in a shop, she'll hint she likes it... If you give her something like this, way after she pointed it out, it tells her that you listen to her, and care about her, and the thought behind that magnifies the value of the gift exponentially!!!

new topics

top topics

join