It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You gotta support terrorism....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 08:03 PM
link   
...if you want to be Arafat's security minister!
"[Mr. Yehiyeh] was overambitious. He didn't know where the red lines were," said one aide to Mr. Arafat. "He was angering people inside the PA and the security forces. He wanted to bash all the Hamas cells and disarm all the Fatah gunmen."
The rest of the story:

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 10:32 PM
link   
...I've lately been under the increasingly confirmed viewpoint that we can stop a *huge* source of terrorism by simply banding together all US citizens into a group of unlimited partners & refuse to pay our taxes...

[Edited on 29-10-2002 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm starting to see the logic in that suggestion MidnightD - there was a little trickle of tax-refusals during the Vietnam era - worth a search if you're interested fellow-posters

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I'm not sure how long ago (maybe 15-20 years ago), but there was a guy in Texas who had legally purchased (& paid for) his own chunk of land & built his house there...Actually, it could've passed for a small fortress & he was pretty well armed (with legally registered guns).

Then he issued his own version of the Immancipation Proclamation to the US government, claiming independance from the US.

...The Army came in (with tanks!) & grabbed him...

But they couldn't get away with that kind of response if the *entire population* banded together to declare their freedom from the corrupt government!

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Ahhh this reminds me of me and my friend's discussion of the "Sessessionist Party" which was basically for sessession of the union if our rights were restricted for any reason.
Ahh the impertenance of youth, what you speak of is none other then Civil War, a war that if were ever to break out in America, would DESTROY the world.

Markets would crash, those terroists would think they've won and go on to blowing up europe, and knowing europeans they'd probably try to profit from dealings with both sides.

Finally all that would arise from this "civil war" would be simply a more dictatoral government then was currently in place, no....
...in the end the only way to solve the problem is through awareness and to help fellow Americans understand just how valuable their freedoms really are.

Otherwise we WILL lose everything.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Actually we called the party the 'Seperatist Party' but same difference, it was really just an experiment to see how people would really view such drastic measures...and just as we thought most people are sadly so appathetic they don't even know WHAT to think hah.

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 12:54 AM
link   
yes -I don't think you'd get far bfore the Feds or Alcohol/Firearms or someone else came and enlightened you with regard to the errors of your ways.
I'm a bit of an American History buff an dafter years of thinking about it, I remain convinced that the Founding Fathers would have recognised a right to secede (that's pretty much what they'd just done) but Honest Abe put an end to that.
There's usually a little undercurrent of secessionist talk at most times: the anti-abortion factions were forever going on about it in the 90's.
A lot of third-party high jinx have also been under secessionist manifestos.
Perhaps if just Washington D.C. would secede?

top topics

join