It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq's forces finds two missing soldiers dead, tortured.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Li nk

BAGHDAD, Iraq - An Iraqi military official said Tuesday that the bodies of two missing U.S. soldiers showed signs of torture, and that men appeared to have been killed "in a barbaric way." Also, the umbrella group for Iraqi insurgents claimed responsibility for the soldiers' deaths.

"We give the good news ... to the Islamic nation that we have carried God's verdict by slaughtering the two captured crusaders," said a statement in the name of the Mujahedeen Shura Council, which groups five insurgent organizations including al-Qaida in Iraq.

At a news briefing, U.S. Maj. Gen. William Caldwell declined to identify the two men until their families could be notified.

Pfc. Kristian Menchaca, 23, of Houston, and Pfc. Thomas L. Tucker, 25, of Madras, Ore., disappeared after an insurgent attack Friday at a checkpoint by a Euphrates River canal south of Baghdad. Spc. David J. Babineau, 25, of Springfield, Mass., was killed.

Condolences to the families. Its weird that the insurgents could have kept the soldiers alive to be used as a bargaining chip, or to show off their captives on tv and make the soldiers talk about how scare they are or something as they have showoff others like reporters and contractors who were kidnapped. But it seems to me the soldiers pretty much were not cooperative in their aims so they pretty much killed them and left their bodies

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Sad news indeed and i agree this does seems a bit odd, My thoughts are with the family i cant imagin hoow they are feeling at this moment, I cousin is also there at the moment and my heart is in my mouth with the news everyday,

maybe they kicked up alot of fight

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This is indeed sad news. My heart goes out to the families.

I want them to come home so badly, no spin, no politics, I just want to see them safe. I'm tired of losing and losing with no end in sight. Asala, along with everyone else that as friends/family over there, I remember all too well the feelings that are involved, and I wish you all the best in this.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
the hate i get when a U.S. soldier is murdered in cold blood or road side bomb (terrorist *snip*) pisses me off so much that it just makes me want to go over there and blast everyone (not the troops) i mean the terrorists. they really think god is telling them to do this its amazing how the most religious people do the most to hurt the world. allah can *snip* and id go in front of a terrorist any day in guantanimo and *snip* with the koran. freedom of speech is great aint it?

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Swatman]

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Swatman]

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/20/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Condolences to the families. Its weird that the insurgents could have kept the soldiers alive to be used as a bargaining chip, or to show off their captives on tv and make the soldiers talk about how scare they are or something as they have showoff others like reporters and contractors who were kidnapped.

I thought the same thing at first. But I realized that It was out of fear that these soldiers were killed. It would have been too hard, and I doubt they have the manpower they once had, to keep multiple guards on hostages that were trained to kill THEM.

They think it was an act of bravado to torture and kill, when in fact, it showed severe weakness.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
i still dont get why they have 3 or 4 soldiers protecting a check point... if it is attacked and 2 are killed (which i think happened in this case) then that leaves 2 soldiers undefended and easily capturable.. 10 soldiers should be at each checkpoint.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
i still dont get why they have 3 or 4 soldiers protecting a check point... if it is attacked and 2 are killed (which i think happened in this case) then that leaves 2 soldiers undefended and easily capturable.. 10 soldiers should be at each checkpoint.

There were more, soldiers with 2 other humvees chased after the insurgents that attacked their checkpoint while the 3rd humvee with 3 soldiers in it stayed behind and was attacked.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
^ oh ok. the news made it sound like 3 or 4 were only defending the checkpoint

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The reason that they did not keep those brave young soldiers captive is because of the fear of they had of the soldiers comrades knocking on the door.

Coward pigs!!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I heard about several liberal blogs that are actually happy about this outcome for our troops. I'm so pissed off. Whoever these "americans" are that refuse to understand are in for a huge backlash. I have killed and been shot at for my country. What makes them think I won't punch them in the mouth?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
US Marines were tortured by these insurgents before being executed and thrown on a street.

They even placed home made mines all around the dead bodies so that military could not easily pick them up.

The message on their web site admitted that they killied these troops in revenge for death of Zarqawi.

I think its time the US military took on the rebels with full force.

www.cnn.com...

U.S. soldiers' bodies mutilated, booby-trapped

CNN - Tuesday, June 20, 2006; Posted: 1:29 p.m. EDT (17:29 GMT)

The bodies of two U.S. soldiers were found mutilated and booby-trapped, military sources said today. Kristian Menchaca and Thomas Tucker went missing Friday after an attack on a traffic control checkpoint south of Baghdad. Their bodies had been desecrated, and visual identification was impossible, the sources said.

Not only were the bodies booby-trapped, but improvised explosives devices also lined the road leading to the victims, an apparent effort to complicate recovery efforts and target recovery teams, the sources said.

It took troops 12 hours to clear the area of IEDs.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
what happened to the good old days of carpet bombing villages? i want those days back and the problems would be solved.. i hope the army is so pised off they start blasting everyone they see on the street.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I feel sorry for their families. Not only dealing with the deaths but apparently learning of them from the Iraqi Defense force must have been difficult.

While this is a horrible way to die it is war. There have been horrible brutal deaths on both sides. I would love to see our troops home and safe but in the end we started this war, we just have to deal with the outcome. In Vietnam they used to send kids with bombs into GI camps. Now we have insurgents grabbing guys off the street. If you are going to support a pre-emptive war you have to be willing to accept losses.

I hope we also look at why these guys were left alone at the checkpoint? It was way too easy for them to have been captured.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
All I can say is "what goes around comes around" I hope these people will be hunted down and (hopefully) die a equal and horibal death. just like there X leader al-Zarqawi.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I heard about several liberal blogs that are actually happy about this outcome for our troops.

Got links?
I'd be surprised if there are many people in the US, anti war or not, who are "happy" about this.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Here’s the emerging story
www.cnn.com...
Apparently one of the bombs did go of but didn’t injure anybody.

A New Depth for Terrorism?
Hardly; looks like Al Qaeda in Iraq may have learnt a thing or two from the 1938-48 Jewish terrorists who would frequently booby trap the bodies of English soldiers. The Jewish terrorists won the war in the end because they were able to call themselves Israelis with the founding of Israel in 1948 following the British withdraw. See the parell? www.cactus48.com...

Quite frankly I find it hard to know what Al Qaeda in Iraq wants to accomplish although they are now obviously having a good time killing Americans. That and I suppose it will take our withdraw to allow Iraq’s Shiites to side with Iran (as they now clearly want to do)…
www.iranfocus.com...

www.nytimes.com...

news.bbc.co.uk... (Iran “fighting” Iraqi terrorism).
today.reuters.com...
(But talks between U.S over Iraq “impossible” says Iran)

What the terrorists did with the soldiers bodies violates any concept of any standards of war. That said one has to ask whether paranoid and overstretched U.S marines going into a house and killing men woman and children on some paranoid suspicion (as happened in Hadetha or in Fallujah) is much worse than what the terrorists did? Both are crimes against the living committed by desperate people.

Don’t know about you but I wouldn’t be surprised if the standards of both sides have sharply deteriorated. Get them out? Or restore first the Iraqi government to a secular one? One which won't side with Iran or make allies with Al Qaeda (Saddam hated Al Qaeda because they hated him for being secular). Also did you know that before Iraq war Two, al-Zarqawi was in hiding in northern Iraq from Saddam’s forces; it was our invasion (supposedly against terrorism) that created the conditions for his terrorism and turned him into an icon.

I think before we leave Iraq we should consider restoring the Ba’th Party to power. That way there will be some order, and it won’t be the order of Iran or Muslim fundamentalism. It will be somewhere free of weapons of mass destruction, and as that fact shows ruled by someone we can do negotiate with. We could have our oil, Iraqis Sunnis would be spared the coming-progressing genocide, everyone could have their security and our forces would be out their country.

However none of this will happen unless we first acknowledge that we have made a big mistake. I must be missing something because the Neocons told a lot of lies to get us into this war and make us make this big mistake.
What objective might the anarchy in Iraq conceal? Is it a simple case of handing out contracts to Halliburton or does it go much, much deeper than that?

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Got links?

I wouldn't be suprised at all anymore. Unfortunately I was listening to the radio. The host doesn't share the name of these blogs on the air so as not to lend credability. I do have the transcript...

www.rushlimbaugh.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
what happened to the good old days of carpet bombing villages? i want those days back and the problems would be solved.. i hope the army is so pised off they start blasting everyone they see on the street.

www.washingtonpost.com...

outtta the frying pan and into the fire. what a great solution! a better solution could have been that the US didn't go to war with iraq in the first place...but that is such a dead horse now...and poking it with a stick isn't gonna do any good.
US soldiers were killed. it frightens me almost to death to read and hear about things like this simply because i have 2 good friends who are over there right now. yeah it's not the same thing as family, but i've known them forever, and they're just as good as family to me. innocent iraqis are dying there already. can't say i know how often though. and your solution is to start blasting more people, who probably wanted nothing to do with this war in the first place. i don't think you're dense enough to actually believe what you wrote. i'll just take it that your statements were out of some kind of misplaced anger or something.
in the meantime, seeing as how the only thing i can do at the moment is pray for my friends, and anyone else who went off to fight Bushwar believeing that they were going off to do something good for their country, then i will do just that, and continue praying...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The American soldiers were kidnapped on Friday. They were then tortured before being killed.

Iraqis mutilated the faces so that the familes could not see their sons.

This was a brutal and barbaric murder.

No parent should have to go through this.

www.abc.net.au...

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 20-6-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
for once i would like to see a beheading video of a terrorist with the CIA doing the honors.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join