It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO cloaking or secret u.s. military capability?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm not that far from Area 51, as the raven flies. It's not unusual to hear what sounds like jet engines and not see anything in the sky. I have seen the triangular shaped object, without any sound. Not to mention all the other stuff that flies around here.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

tHas anyone seen an unusual black flying object suddenly appear int the sky out of no where, without making any sounds, and then just vanish again?

Yep, I did sunday while at the park. I heard and saw a jet flying kind of low and looked up and said " ooo look a military jet! Wonder why its flying its flying here?

My wife looked briefly and went about throwing the frisbee to the dog. I (having been in the Navy air wing) of course was still interested in a "type ID" shielded my eyes a bit (even though I had good 'ray bans' on) and looked after the jet which was at a strange angle of flight and heading for a large cloud bank to the n/ww-something then caught my eye to the west and I saw a dark blob about the size of a pea held out between my fingers/ and this thing was tracking the jet! It sort of look like a dark egg shaped cloud-I was side stepping like crazy trying to track this object with my mouth hanging open as it grew abit larger as it drew closer and continued to track the jet out of my view.

It was a most strange event. And It was not any know craft I have heard of or seen.

weird

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by intelgurl

Regarding anti-gravity vehicles - i too believe there are such things in the skies...

Oh? Because DARPA is 10+ years ahead of the private sector? How exactly does this anti-gravity vehicle work? Such technology has nothing to do with flight whatsoever. Why are we still building aircraft if we possess field technology?

This is a very real technological concept being hotly pursued by DARPA. Same goes for craft that change shapes, (shape shifting and morphing technologies).

I enjoyed the jmrc article but most of the links you provided were broken? I was unable to access the DARPA link..

If you consider that the information released for public consumption is generally outdated by as much as a decade or more on certain technologies and then read the information that is being released it is quite feasible that someone could see an aircraft either disappear or change shapes right before their eyes.

Even using a composite material which tricks the human eye and cuts down on radar and infrared dection is nice, but wouldn't make the aircraft silent. Even silent aircraft make some noise.
Edit: Sorry this comment made in context to the OP's original question... certainly many things could accomodate for a degree of invisibility. I wasn't able to access the articles about shape changes. However, the OP's question is one of overall stealth... thus noise becomes a factor.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by Scramjet76]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by EastCoastKid

As Dragon Rider said, military technology is probably some 50 years ahead of what civilians are allowed to be aware of. Don't buy into that UFO Bu#.

50 years? Please. Ten to fifteen maybe. Does the military have "anti-gravity" technology? I highly doubt that. Most of the world's scientists are still unsure of what gravity is. Einstein explained it through geometry which would mean the only way to counteract the force of gravity is to reduce the mass of an object to zero.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DJDOHBOY

black flying object suddenly appear int the sky out of no where, without making any sounds, and then just vanish again? Could this be ufo activity or u.s. secret exercise with the ability to bend light or possibly jump time or dimensions? I am curious to know

The military could have something this:

The answer lies in a property of materials known as refractive index- their ability to bend light. Materials like glass have a high refractive index and therefore bend light as it enters or leaves them. Light hitting a flat window is all deviated in same way, so the image remains undistrubed and consequently, the window is almost invisible. However the curves of a wine glass mean that light strikes the glass at different angles in some places than others and is therefore bent differently.
source

So yes in theory a "black triangle" appears to have pretty flat surface areas and therefore would make a good candidate for such technology. However, moving without any sound would be a bigger trick. Any time you take a large object which has mass and move it through a medium (such as our atmosphere) it will create a shockwave. As for jumping time or dimensions that's just out of the question, although according to Michio Kaku may be possible in the distant future.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
reply to post by intelgurl

Regarding anti-gravity vehicles - i too believe there are such things in the skies...

Why are we still building aircraft if we possess field technology?

Ok I'll bite,
Money, that is, follow the money and I believe you'll find your answer. Oil and the profits that a few people enjoy, keep us from using technology to better serve the people. Jet aircraft is run on fossil fuels, field technology isn't. What's in it for the ultra rich and powerful? not near the profits, that's what, they keep it hidden from us, to keep our dependence on oil. That's my 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by saturnsrings

Money, that is, follow the money and I believe you'll find your answer. Oil and the profits that a few people enjoy, keep us from using technology to better serve the people. Jet aircraft is run on fossil fuels, field technology isn't. What's in it for the ultra rich and powerful? not near the profits, that's what, they keep it hidden from us, to keep our dependence on oil. That's my 2 cents.

No way I just don't buy it. A repulsive force field capable of doing such things would be the ultimate money maker. The applications using such technology would be through the roof.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

I totally agree with your last statement, I just can't figure out why it's being kept from us. I do believe it is though. Maybe it's my complete distrust in human kind, or maybe it's that I believe 99.9% of the people on this planet are good people, it's the other .1 percent ruining it for the rest of us, that's alot of people.

Maybe it's the select few that want to control everything and everyone.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Wanted to chime in and say that even gravity manipulation can alter the way an aircraft would operate. For example, even if we do not have gravitic propulsion, just being able to alter the crafts drag would allow conventional engines to far exceed their current limitations. And if we can alter gravity, then inertial dampeners become feasible, thus negating the g-forces these pilots would theoretically be subjected to.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BlaznRob

Yes without a doubt it would. However, there is no need for the "form of an airplane" with such technology. Hence, why people assume UFOs are aliens with "anti-gravity" technology. Their vehicles are just discs, balls or cylinders... hardly a good object for developing lift.

Unfortunatley with our current understanding of physics, manipulating gravity "just a little" runs into the same problem as gravity propulsion. Inertial dampeners also have the same draw back because F=ma... if you want to decrease the "force" (on an object) you have to decrease mass and/or acceleration.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
reply to post by EastCoastKid

50 years? Please. Ten to fifteen maybe.

I agree with that, at least at the operational levels of the military. Black ops might be a bit further advanced. I just hope that no one still believes that the SR71 is the fastest operational jet in the military's inventory.

Does the military have "anti-gravity" technology? I highly doubt that.

I'm in total agreement with you there.

Most of the world's scientists are still unsure of what gravity is. Einstein explained it through geometry which would mean the only way to counteract the force of gravity is to reduce the mass of an object to zero.

True. No one really seems to know how gravity works. They understand the principles and actions of gravity, but not what causes it.

Rather than reduce the mass of the object, once the mechanism of gravity is discovered, they will probably turn off gravity for the object. Then atmospheric electromagnetic propulsion would work by using the principles of fluid dynamics.

The crux is that the mechanism of gravity is easy to understand but hard to discover, at least using the current paradigm of physics that we have.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
First of all, there is such thing as "repulsive" gravity which is what is used to explain the the universe inflation-theory. I don't know much about it, but I believe that it has something to do with a higgs field being under the right circumstances actually produces a repulsive gravitational effect, hence the big bang and the expanding instead of contracting universe. However, I believe this is all theory and probably not applicable to aircraft technology.

With that being said, what benefits (in relation to the cost) do we get from 'visual' stealth technology for aircarft? What advantage do we get by making our aircraft invisible to the naked eye in an age dominated by BVR engagements? It seems like money for such aircraft technology could be much better spent in areas like jamming or reducing radar signature.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join