It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan says: "if a missle is dropped on us, it will be regarded as an attack" lol!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceBeWithYou
While Japan's annoucement does seem silly, maybe they're just pointing out that they're not going to get pushed around like the US. That's right. A North Korean missle (or at least fragments of a NK missle) was found in Alaska about three years ago.

Read more here:
times.hankooki.com...

Where on Earth is North Korea getting fuel for their rockets? Their fuel shortages are so critical their fighter planes barely ever fly. How did they spare any for rockets?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Well If Japan got hit with a nuke and had no ablility to retaliate the US could very well respond for them.

But really there is no concrete evidence N Korea has yet created a nuclear weapon small and sturdy enough to fit in a warhead. They could be years away from such a device. If Japan really feels under direct threat of N Korean in the near future they could very well beat N Korea to a capable warhead.

That what im trying to get at Japan gearing up its military to meet any threat it percieves not Japan gearing up after they are attacked. Though they could likely do that aswell since N Korea has no real way to invade and hold Japan that I can tell.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   

and im sorry i had to laugh. i mean..no freaking DUH!! who wouldnt regard a country aiming a missle at their country and hitting them as being an attack. even if it was an "opps" situation.

Japan wasn't referring to North Korea purposely aiming and firing a missile at Japan. They were referring to the fact that the missile "test" will more than likely be fired over the Sea of Japan and over the Japanese mainland, just as North Korea's last major missile test was in 1999. Japan is simply stating that if the test for some reason fails, or partially fails, and the North Korean missile is to "fall" out of the air or land short on Japanese territory, that they will take that as an act of war.

Japan is basically saying that North Korea knows the inherent risk of test-firing a missile over Japanese airspace, and therefore they must accept the responsibilities of any accidents that result from this test.

My opinion is that whoever it is that pushes that button, should the North launch this missile, should have sweat pouring down their head! I know I would! Despite North Korea's alleged posession of nuclear weapon(s), their incredibly large number of troops and the fact that Japan has been severely limited in the last 50 years when it comes to building offensive military capabilities, I think that Japan would knock the perverbial taste out of North Korea's mouth should push come to shove. There's one thing that Japan has that North Korea doesn't (actually, there's billions of things that Japan has that the North doesn't- but this is the most important one): The United States in its corner! There's no way we would sit idly by and allow Japan to lose a war to the North.

I think that without the use of nuclear weapons by the North, Japan and its people would be able to defeat North Korea by themselves. Japan is a proud nation with a long history of warfare. I know I'm going to receive a lot of flack about my opinion here. I'm sure many of you fear North Korea even without their nukes. I just think that with Japan's strong economy, its strong people, and with military aid from other democratic nations, they'd beat North Korea.

My apologies if I got a little off topic here...

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
That what im trying to get at Japan gearing up its military to meet any threat it percieves not Japan gearing up after they are attacked. Though they could likely do that aswell since N Korea has no real way to invade and hold Japan that I can tell.

Roger that. And no way, NK invades Japan. Just not possible. One thing is for sure, and its that Japan can deter ANY invasion.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Thanks for participating in my thread guys, your input is much appreciated.

you guys make some good points. and some very funny comments

the more i think about this situation a possibility comes to mind.
is it probable that N. Korea isnt going to test their nuke at all?
maybe they are just pretending/threatening to just so the u.s and others in the
international community start proposing compromises?
meaning, kim is just crying wolf so other countries offer him more privaleges or access to materials if he promises not to test the nuke?
i think it is possible that he just wiggled his way in the get some more crap.
kind of a good plan. even if he did really piss people off.
just a thought.

CHERRIO!
DIGITALGRL

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
Thanks for participating in my thread guys, your input is much appreciated.

you guys make some good points. and some very funny comments

the more i think about this situation a possibility comes to mind.
is it probable that N. Korea isnt going to test their nuke at all?
maybe they are just pretending/threatening to just so the u.s and others in the
international community start proposing compromises?
meaning, kim is just crying wolf so other countries offer him more privaleges or access to materials if he promises not to test the nuke?
i think it is possible that he just wiggled his way in the get some more crap.
kind of a good plan. even if he did really piss people off.
just a thought.

CHERRIO!
DIGITALGRL

Which is exactly what I said earlier. It most definitely is the case.

Which is why all the "Crazy Kim" myth slaves have been owned by that "crazy" man himself.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Sweat- right, i disagree with you on one point though...and that is the fact that i do think he is a complete self absorbed lunatic. he may have some good ideas up his sleeve from time to time, but that imhop does not detract from his unstable mental state. in january i went on a trip with some of my college professors and some other students to study history in thailand and we went to south korea for a while since we had to connect to another flight there..and i saw the border to north korea and how it looks over there. it literally looks like a bomb went off in that area. and at night south korea is all lit up and north korea is completely dark. let me tell you, being a 20 year old getting out of the american environment and seeing that really opened up my perspective on alot of things. but aside from that, any man who keeps the inhabitants of a country captive like that and makes them starve just so he can build a massive army for himself is not mentally "O.K" let me tell ya lol. and from time to time people from north korea try to come over and seek refuge in south korea and they get shot by the north korean border patrol. when i was in seoul korea, one of the tour guides said that south korea tries to do as much as they can to help but its kind of hard when kim is willing to slaughter his own people if they refuse to comply with his demands. imhop we should have been helping out north koreans before iraq. i think the humanitarian issues are much greater there. but that is a whole other issue.

Kind Regards,
Digitalgrl

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Japan's offensive firepower is probably fourth only to China, North Korea, and South Korea in the entire Pacific region, but if that is what people consider weak then whatever...

Japan has the largest surface combat fleet outside of the United States in the world, one of the most modern air forces in the entire world, the most modern airforce in the Pacific region, and the air defense weapons available in the world. Japan doesn't have a large standing army, which is why it is considered a defensive nation.

On the electronic battlefield, only South Korea is in the same league as Japan in the Pacific, with advantages in technology over China, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore, and India. Japan has the 2nd largest aireal refueling fleet in the Pacific, and what many experts (including Australians and Germans who are the top experts in the conventional sub field) consider the most modern conventional submarine fleet in the world.

Now maybe people look at Japan's self defense attitude or limited GDP military budget and draw conclusions, but on a platform, size, and capability graph Japan is clearly a world leader today, despite no ambition outside their home areas.

Japan is currently implimenting anti-ballistic missile and considering upgrades for their F-2 (F-16 mod) which include the F-22A Raptor. If North Korea was to wag the dog a bit much, Japan could choose the Raptor in that competition, something I'd bet good money China would get angry about.

With the F-22A and a reliable anti-ballistic missile systems, Japan wouldn't need the US to defeat North Korea, in fact it wouldn't even be close. It should be noted the AWACS, AEW, and F-15 interceptor systems in Japan is considered as good or better than any single mainland country in Europe (not the UK), and anyone familiar with tactical military combat will tell you, if you control the air you control the battlefield.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join