It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

personal proof that "God" is a MYTH, read on...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
here is my story that is also my reason for not believing God anymore and even not wanting to go to heaven at all.

my last ex was supposed to be the one... we had a wedding planned, loved eatchother and everything was sweet, the good life as some would call it. then out of nowhere while i was working this asshole rapes my ex, gets her pregnant and screws up her brain, her thinking.

few weeks later my ex decides to go driving with a bunch of guys high on drugs.... the car crashes because the pot head driver fell asleep at the wheel. guess who got hurt and who didnt??? with the glory of gods love my girlfriend dies of seriouse injuries... and the driver and potheads??? they escape with scratches. oh and they never even went to court, what a world.

not only that i was praying to god to keep my ex safe while i was working and she was alone pregnant, and what do i get??? basically god took a big dump on my head and forgot about me. now im alone, confused and ignorant of religion. i would rather be a member or hells army than go to a place where higher powers that can help humans do not. i dont want any part of an ignorant place like heaven.
as far as im concerned god can kiss my hairy behind.

what im trying to say is do you understand why i dont believe in god?! do you understand why i hate god and dont want to go to heaven?!

if anyone has any comments or advice id like to hear em, but please, semi intelligent comments and advice, i just had my heart ripped out and stomped on but help is appreciated.

[edit on 17-6-2006 by worksoftplayhard]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
That's because this world or reality, as you may call it, is controlled by the demiurge...the god of humanity is nothing but chaos...
But I suppose you were looking for mainstream christian answers...I don't have any. My condolences.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'm sorry for your loss.

This is kind of how i look at things, I come from a roman catholic background but i dont belive in Religion but do consider myself spiritual, i do belive in god but i do not try to define him/her/it. We are in school right now and life is basically about experiences, to what end i do not know. Right now your pissed and nobody can blame you, i know i would be. I do belive everythig happens for a reason but i'm stuck in this sh*t hole just like you so i cant say why. I belive at some point your head will get clear and you will figure out what your path in life will be. Life is just a bunch of lessons and you got hit with a big one, what dosn't kill you will make you stronger.
One day you will probably look back on this and realise that this was a turning point in your life. Again i'm sorry for loss.. hope this helps a litttle.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Nice story but I really don't believe your fiance was as innocent as your describing.

You don't believe in God...I don't believe your girlfriend...Sorry.

[edit on 17-6-2006 by Carseller4]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Nice story but I really don't believe your fiance was as innocent as your describing.

You don't believe in God...I don't believe your girlfriend...Sorry.

[edit on 17-6-2006 by Carseller4]

you dont hey? let me put it in more simple terms then... she got raped with a knife at her neck and that screwed up her judgment which is why she went into the car with the druggies... her thinking was wacked. whats not to believe.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjmd3
I'm sorry for your loss.

This is kind of how i look at things, I come from a roman catholic background but i dont belive in Religion but do consider myself spiritual, i do belive in god but i do not try to define him/her/it. We are in school right now and life is basically about experiences, to what end i do not know. Right now your pissed and nobody can blame you, i know i would be. I do belive everythig happens for a reason but i'm stuck in this sh*t hole just like you so i cant say why. I belive at some point your head will get clear and you will figure out what your path in life will be. Life is just a bunch of lessons and you got hit with a big one, what dosn't kill you will make you stronger.
One day you will probably look back on this and realise that this was a turning point in your life. Again i'm sorry for loss.. hope this helps a litttle.

note to self: avoid following religion which has "life lessons" about loved ones dieing needlesly. done and done.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This life is full of trajedies. We live in a world that has rejected God and we are being shown what that is like.

I have also had events happen that I didn't like or understand competely.

When trajedies happen our attention is focused on God. Some become bitter and some search for who God is.

Now is not the time to reject God but to embrace Him.

Did you have a relationship with Christ before this event?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
As others have said, I too am sorry for your loss--both the physical loss through her death, and the loss of the person you loved before her death. I've been through both myself (I haven't had a fiance die on me, but a close death is still not exactly pleasant), and I sympathize. My fiance's father passed away a couple of years ago, and it changed both her and me--caused a lot of problems but we were able to get through it. Anyways, enough of explaining why I sympathize.

I'm almost completely in line with pjmd3, and hopefully my version of what they said helps too.

I'm not religious, but I consider myself (at least somewhat) spiritual. Still, I won't tell you to believe in God (or a God.) If there is a God and He/She/It wants you to believe, they'll find a way.

I also believe that everything happens for a reason, no matter how obscure and indirect it may be. Maybe this is meant to make you cynical, bitter towards God, and someday you'll be given a reason to believe--your current cynicism will make that ultimate belief that much stronger. Maybe this is meant for you to be angry at the nation's judicial system, and someday you'll work towards changing it. Maybe it's meant to make you take a stand against drug use. Maybe it's more indirect--like causing you to write a post on here that someone will read and make them re-evaluate their situation.

Is this supposed to be comforting? No, there's no way text in an internet message board can comfort a loss like this. I don't care how many smilies you throw in; you're in Hell right now and there ain't anything anyone of us can do to pull you out. Even in person there wouldn't be anything we could do. But hopefully after some time you'll have sorted things out for yourself a little bit, and maybe some of the stuff posted here can give you a bit different insight.

I wish you the best of luck in getting through this.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
This life is full of trajedies. We live in a world that has rejected God and we are being shown what that is like.

I have also had events happen that I didn't like or understand competely.

When trajedies happen our attention is focused on God. Some become bitter and some search for who God is.

Now is not the time to reject God but to embrace Him.

Did you have a relationship with Christ before this event?

is jesus not the number one in followers world wide?

isn't nearly 2/3s of the world monotheistic?

now, the world has not changed in relation to crime since jesus came and went, so it's not the world being punished.

what type of loving god gives people free will, then punishes them for not making a choice they aren't told is the right one?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
what type of loving god gives people free will, then punishes them for not making a choice they aren't told is the right one?

Just like a parent, who gives their kid the keys to the car and then yells at them for coming home late. "I told you to be home at ten..." is a bit more overt than what you're talking about, but I've been in plenty of situations (way too many, in fact) where I thought my dad had implied something different.

We're told, directly or indirectly, of what the right choices are, and we're told (often much more directly) that there's consequences for not making the correct choice.

Anyways, believe it or not I'm not trying to get preachy or anything, just playing Devil's Advocate -- I thought I had a bit of a logical response, so I figured I'd toss it out.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'm sorry about your loss. I wish I had some deep "everything is going to be great" insight, but I don't. Whenever a person gets hurt they want to blame someone or something. Some people blame themselves. Others blame a friend, a car, or whatever seems to be an easy target. Many Christians blame God and loose their religion because of a tragedy. You are not the first nor will you be the last...

Keep in mind that everyone dies. Eventually. Sooner or later the poor "ex" would have died. You are going to die. I am going to die. It's one of a few things we can be certain off. What would happen if everyone started to blame God for death? It would mean the end of all Religion.

I don't understand the pain and the suffering in the world. I understand very little of this world. I could try and tell you that it's part of God's plan. I could tell you the story of the footprints on the beach... Do you know that one?

But no matter what I say - whether I understand it or not - it will not ease your pain. You will shout accusations at me and at God. It will not bring your "ex" back. You need to "confront" God. Ask Him why. Converse with Him. You won't find answers here. But it's all part of the healing.

Think about this... Did you think about God's existence when everything was going well? Is the fact that you are still alive today proof that God exists? Is the fact that hundreds of new lives enter this world every day not proof that God exist? You had the opportunity to know and love a wonderful lady. Did you ever thank God for that back then? Easy to accuse, but not easy to say thank you?

I honestly wish there was something anyone could do for you. Our words are of little comfort. I can however tell you, from my own experiences, that there is a God. And sometimes there is method to His madness. And I say this with the Utmost Respect.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I am not going to try and sway your opinion but I just wanted to share something I had read in a book by Doreen Virtue.

She says that God and the other celestial beings (like angels) will only interfere in and prevent a death from happening if it is before the persons time to die. So perhaps for some reason it was simply her time to go.

Have you tried to meditate and tell God that you are angry and ask him why? Perhaps if you have a discussion with him he will help you to understand.

Again I am not trying to sway your opinion. I am very sorry for your loss and I can't possibly imagine what that would be like. I hope you can find a way to get through this, even if it takes a long time.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Adam was told what consequences would happen if he made the wrong choice.

Genesis 2:[15] And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
[16] And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
[17] But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

We don't know if God also told Eve or if Adam had the responsibility of telling her. But when Eve was facing satan Adam was with her so she and he were without excuse.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
I'm sorry about your loss. I wish I had some deep "everything is going to be great" insight, but I don't. Whenever a person gets hurt they want to blame someone or something. Some people blame themselves. Others blame a friend, a car, or whatever seems to be an easy target. Many Christians blame God and loose their religion because of a tragedy. You are not the first nor will you be the last...

Keep in mind that everyone dies. Eventually. Sooner or later the poor "ex" would have died. You are going to die. I am going to die. It's one of a few things we can be certain off. What would happen if everyone started to blame God for death? It would mean the end of all Religion.

I don't understand the pain and the suffering in the world. I understand very little of this world. I could try and tell you that it's part of God's plan. I could tell you the story of the footprints on the beach... Do you know that one?

But no matter what I say - whether I understand it or not - it will not ease your pain. You will shout accusations at me and at God. It will not bring your "ex" back. You need to "confront" God. Ask Him why. Converse with Him. You won't find answers here. But it's all part of the healing.

Think about this... Did you think about God's existence when everything was going well? Is the fact that you are still alive today proof that God exists? Is the fact that hundreds of new lives enter this world every day not proof that God exist? You had the opportunity to know and love a wonderful lady. Did you ever thank God for that back then? Easy to accuse, but not easy to say thank you?

I honestly wish there was something anyone could do for you. Our words are of little comfort. I can however tell you, from my own experiences, that there is a God. And sometimes there is method to His madness. And I say this with the Utmost Respect.

Good luck.

thanks for the spiritual insight! i dont even have to ask i know you believe in "god"... dont get your hopes up on that. trust me back in the good days with my ex we even went to church together all the time to repay god for us being together. we even prayed almost every night side by side for god to help us be together forever. we had this feeling nothing could seperate us or take away our love.

i know everyone has to die someday, but people should not die needlesly like my ex did. its those countless hundreds of thousands of other stupid needless deaths i also remember in the world that has lead me to be satans friend. it really doenst matter to me if jesus comes back or not... you can be dam sure i wont be going anyware with some happy go lucky hippy messiah watching from paradise as people die. id rather see an end to heaven than a heaven at all.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Yup..god is an butthole....

the only "god" on this planet is money !

if I die and am standing before "god" for judgement I will punch that piece of crap in the suck as hard as I can !

"god" does not exist......if he does he rewards the rich and powerful while shafting the poor and weak and any "god" like that can kiss my butt also....

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard
what im trying to say is do you understand why i dont believe in god?! do you understand why i hate god and dont want to go to heaven?!

The problem, as I see it, is that you're confusing God with the entity that's written about in the Bible. You know, the big old Grandpa man with the long, white beard who lives in the clouds and when he bowls me makes thunder? See, that's not the real God. That's a powerful supernatural consciousness that thinks it's God, but really isn't. Several thousand years ago, he got involved with a tribe of nomads in the Middle East, who wrote about him. His name is Salkas, or Yadalbaoth, depending on who you ask. You can recognize this God because he seems very needy, and he likes to kill people by the thousands, if he feels they are not obeying him in the correct way. Angels, which are also supernatural beings, but good, who are watching our backs, sometime intervene in Salkas's plans and minimize some of the damage.

In any event, that particular entity hasn't really been around for a long time. It left or was killed or something happened to it so that it can't affect us here on Earth anymore (hopefully). It was that God who had this really severe notion of reward and punishment, and that if you were good then supposedly good things would happen to you, and vice-versa. Well, forget all of that stuff. There is no Heaven or Hell. No conscious life after death where you must be judged. That's not the way it works.

The REAL God, who has no name, is a superbeing that is outside the realm of our normal understanding. We can't define it, we can't describe it, and there's no way we can even comprehend it, much less deal with it through prayer. Imagine that you are like a tiny little skin cell in your finger. As a cell, you have a certain level of consciousness. You process blood and grow and have certain preferences for things. You consume and you procreate as you feel necessary. Now, imagine this superbeing is like the rest of your body. The individual cell doesn't understand or comprehend it, but is still part of the body and relies on it to live. And the body isn't really even aware of the individual cells as they work to keep it alive. The real God doesn't care if you're "good" or "bad." There's no such thing. All it knows is to exist, moment to moment, and move backwards and forward through time.

It sucks that your friend died. But the real God had nothing to do with it. And actually, the energy that was your friend will now slowly be released back into the Universe, and will perhaps be re-incorporated into some other living thing or structure, and the whole thing gets mixed and re-mixed for billions and billions of years. Our existence is not even as long as a flash, it's just a blip, in a Universe too big for us ever to understand.

Now, you could become depressed and sad at this notion. But what is the point? One thing we do have as tiny, insignificant cells in the incomprehensible body of God and the Universe is the power to choose where we focus our attention. So given the choice between concentrating on either the negatives or the positives, it makes a lot more sense to concentrate on the positives. On the pleasures this brief life has to offer, rather than the miseries. Some people deride such a notion as "hedonism," but it's truly foolish to suffer, and so hedonism is really the only rational response to the blip of consciousness we experience in the Universe.

So celebrate the brief life of your friend, and celebrate your own. Eat delicious food, drink much, have excellent sex. Fill your mind and body with the richest things and thoughts. Don't waste the short time you have being bitter. There's no point to it, and God doesn't care one way or another.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
if I die and am standing before "god" for judgement I will punch that piece of crap in the suck as hard as I can !

If your idea of God means that your above statement is something that could actually happen, then your concept of God is wrong.

When you stand in the presence of GOD you will know far more than you do now and there will be no disagreement between you and God.

Read this from the Bible.
Luke 16:[19] There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
[20] And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
[21] And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
[22] And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
[23] And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
[24] And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
[25] But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
[26] And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
[27] Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
[28] For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
[29] Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
[30] And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
[31] And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Notice the man in hell/torment didn't argue with God that he was in the wrong place.

Notice he didn't ask to be removed from the place of torment.

Why didn't he? because he knew he was where he was justly.

Notice what he did ask for though. He asked for his family members not to come there. He didn't want anyone else he knew to be there. He wanted Lazarus to come back from the dead and speak to his family about the torment of hell. God said no to this request...........or did He?

Some people think this is just a "parable" and not an actual event. I believe, and know others who believe, that it is an actual event that happened.

Why do I believe this way? Because Jesus/God did raise a man named Lazarus from the dead. A man named Lazarus did return to life and I'm sure told many about his experience. He is actually still speaking today through the pages of the Bible.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
now.....i dont believe in God or a God per sei, as in I believe in the possibility of God, only in my apparent narrow-mindedness have trouble going simply on faith.

From what little knowledge i have of the teachings of western societies, machination of God, he created the earth and subsequently humans in seven days.

It is said although often forgotten that as one of Gods final acts, he created free will. An unseen force that governs not only ourselves but the entire universe in which we inhabit.

Hence the phrase, bad things simply happen to good people. This of course can not bring back those that have been lost, it merely shows that whatever happened, did so because free will allowed your fiances killers to commit the crimes they did.

The only solice i can give is this.

Perhaps there is a God somewhere, watching over all of us. But he cannot control the thoughts and actions of you or I anymore than I can control, or would control those of a colony of ants. What occured had reason, but not for one. You shall only find the answers you seek at the end of your journey in this life, whether the only one, or one of many. Live your life the way she would have wanted you to. Live life.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Shadow88]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
worksoftplayhard,

I understand how you feel. I personally refuse to follow some God that let's crap like that happen, then we're expected to just "deal with it" and keep following religion blindly. I'm really sorry for what happened to your fiance.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by ProudCanadian]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
[edit on 21-6-2006 by ProudCanadian]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join