It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason Killed by Communists?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The murder of Allen Ngai Leung in San Francisco in February has many speculating that the anti-communist head of Chinese Freemasons of The World ( Hung Moon Chee Kung Tong ) was the victim of deliberate murder and not the victim of a random crime ( robbery ).

Leung was killed at the scene by a masked gunman disguised as a robber, who fired four shots into Leung after breaking into his business, Wonkow International Enterprises, located at the intersection of Jackson Street and Kearny Street on the afternoon of February 27.

San Francisco Police Department (SFPD) spokeswoman Maria Oropeza told the World Journal that "It wasn't a random act. It appears this victim was an intended target and that this was not a robbery."

Leung was the head of Chinese Freemasons of The World (also known as Hung Moon Chee Kung Tong), a member of Overseas Chinese Affairs Commission, Republic of China, and president of the Chinese Community Cultural Association. He was also involved with other groups in Chinatown, and was regarded as a leader.

A local senior Chinese-American community leader, who was unwilling to reveal his identity, said, "At present, Singtao Daily, the China Press, and Ming Pao Daily all reported that this case was caused by disputes between gangs. Do not believe it. All the people in Chinatown know that Leung is a leader of human rights and democracy, a fighter who is determined to be anti-communist."

Link to Article

Interesting to note that Leung feared he was going to be harmed by someone within one of the groups he was associated with.

The influential leader of two powerful fraternal organizations in San Francisco's Chinatown told federal and local authorities last year that he was afraid he might be harmed as part of an internal feud within one of his groups.

Link to Article

Has the blame been shifted to pro-communist factions in an attempt to hide possible killers within fraternal groups that Leung associated with?

Another question is: How "regular" is Chinese Freemasonry?

The term "Tong" would appear to denote more of a negative image ( Perhaps unjustified ) than a benevolent one.

A tong is a Chinese American clandestine Chinese secret society, from the Cantonese word 堂. While the literal definition is "a place where extended family meet" (廟堂), it usually refers to the organization that regularly meets in one. Although tongs were not explicitly created for criminal gain, but rather for mutual protection or support, their activities often flouted the law or became outright criminal.

Link to Wikipedia

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Its well known that the Communists in Russia were very anti-Masonic from the beginning. Masons are not very popular in totolitarian or authoritarian societies. They are constantly suspected of plotting revolution in those places.

I wouldn't doubt it if communists did kill him. Its not entirely impossible, and it wouldn't be the first time.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
It would seem that Chinese Freemasonry is "irregular", according to the Quatuor Coronati Lodge No. 2076, London, England.

That Masonry exists in China at the present day in the same form that it exists in Europe may be safely answered in the negative.

Link to Article

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beelzebubba
It would seem that Chinese Freemasonry is "irregular", according to the Quatuor Coronati Lodge No. 2076, London, England.

Regular Masonry doesn't exist on the mainland. The Grand Lodge of China now exists in exile in Taiwan. It is recognized by the UGLE and all 51 US Grand Lodges, as well as the Canadian Grand Lodges. The Scottish Rite also exists regularly on the island, and is under the jurisdiction of the Supreme Council 33°, S.J., USA.

The only Communist country to my knowledge where Masonry is practiced legally is Cuba. There is a regular Grand Lodge in Cuba, as well as a regular Supreme Council of the 33°. Masonry was originally outlawed on that island after the revolution, but the Cuban Communist Party's views on the fraternity became more liberal after it was pointed out that Bolivar and many of the other revolutionary heros of Latin America were Masons. However, members of the Communist Party may not become Freemasons under the penalty of being expelled from the party.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Thanks for clearing that up ML. The article did say that Leung was heavily involved with the Tiawanese independance movement, so it would stand to reason that his Masonic ties would be in that country.

I also just noticed that the article from the Quatuor Coronati Lodge was written in 1889, perhaps a little out of date.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beelzebubba
Thanks for clearing that up ML. The article did say that Leung was heavily involved with the Tiawanese independance movement, so it would stand to reason that his Masonic ties would be in that country.

Probably so. However, his group is identified as "Chinese Freemasons of the World", which is not affiliated with, or recognized by, the regular Grand Lodge of China.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
The Grand Lodge of China now exists in exile in Taiwan.

ML, would you know if there are any lodges in Taiwan? I've seen an OTO temple in Taiwan (Taichung) where you can get the first 3 degrees, but I had no idea there were masonic lodges.

(there is a local grocery chain whose logo looks like the mason square and compass.)

Edit:
Well look at that, there's Sun Moon Lodge no. 13 in my city. And you said they are accepted by US and canadian lodges. If I could only get over the secrecy oaths...

[edit on 20/6/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

ML, would you know if there are any lodges in Taiwan? I've seen an OTO temple in Taiwan (Taichung) where you can get the first 3 degrees, but I had no idea there were masonic lodges.

lol, I had no idea there were O.T.O. lodges over there. And I didn't know you lived in Taiwan!

Illustrious Brother Tommy Weng, 33°, is currently Deputy of the Supreme Council for the Scottish Rite in Taiwan, and Past Grand Master of the the Grand Lodge of China In Exile. They do not currently have a website, so I'm not up on any current news over there.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   

lol, I had no idea there were O.T.O. lodges over there. And I didn't know you lived in Taiwan!

Illustrious Brother Tommy Weng, 33°, is currently Deputy of the Supreme Council for the Scottish Rite in Taiwan, and Past Grand Master of the the Grand Lodge of China In Exile. They do not currently have a website, so I'm not up on any current news over there.

There are certainly active Masonic Lodges in Taiwan. I personally started the OTO body there many years ago. If you need any help tracking down like minded folks in Asia, I may be of help. You can U2U.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Here’s the website for the Taichung OTO
www.taoteoto.com...

HeirX is the OTO active all over Taiwan? Have they been exiled too?

And here’s a website for a Taiwanese Masonic Lodge (Han Lodge no. 8)
www.hanlodgemason.com.tw...

Will China ever allow Freemasonry on the mainland? Is OTO practiced on the mainland?

There are 13 Masonic Lodges in Taiwan. (no known ties to the 13 illuminati bloodlines
)

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Will China ever allow Freemasonry on the mainland? Is OTO practiced on the mainland?

Freemasonry was banned in China by personal order of the late Mao Zedong, Chairman of the Central Committee of the Chinese Communist Party. Although it's still officially illegal, the British Lodges in Hong Kong have not been closed since the takeover, to my understanding.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Here’s the website for the Taichung OTO
www.taoteoto.com...

Yeah, I need to do something about that site. My backside is much bigger since I moved back to the US. LOL.

HeirX is the OTO active all over Taiwan? Have they been exiled too?

The OTO is active in one city only. To be frank, there really isn't that much interest in the Order by the locals. Expats on the other hand.....

I don't know what China will ever do. There are no OTO bodies on the mainland at the present time but there certainly are Thelemites there.

There are 13 Masonic Lodges in Taiwan. (no known ties to the 13 illuminati bloodlines
)

Illuminati bloodlines? Are you serious?

All Best...

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply HeirX, I'll be checking your site for updates!

Is the OTO active in Hong Kong/Maccau? Does China consider the O.T.O. a masonic body?

Illuminati bloodlines? Are you serious?

I'm afraid see they've gotten to you too
(I believe those are claims from the christian fundies, ie. Fritz Springmeier et cetera, don't worry all is well here)

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Does China consider the O.T.O. a masonic body?

The only people who consider the O.T.O to be a Masonic body are gaiaguys, for whatever reason.

The O.T.O. would be banned in mainland China for the same reason that Masonry is, though: it is illegal for private institutions to exist. By "private", I mean organizations that do not report to some bureaucrat somewhere in Beijing.

Furthermore, O.T.O. is a religious organizations, and contains a Thelemic church (Gnostic Catholic Church). Organized religion is frowned upon by the Chinese government, and where it is allowed to exist, once again, rest assured there's some bureaucrat controlling it.

Cug

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Is the OTO active in Hong Kong/Maccau? Does China consider the O.T.O. a masonic body?

ConspiracyNut23, one thing to keep in mind is the O.T.O. is a small group. The initiated membership has been around 3000 people for the last 5 years or so. More than half are located in the states, another big chunk is from Europe, the rest of the world probably numbers about 750 or so. For example in 2002 Taiwan had 5 members.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Thanks Cug this puts things in perspective.

new topics

top topics

join