It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

more than 50 states in america

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
MBF

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
There are only 50 states in the U.S. and its been like that since 1950, with Hawaii being the last state.

And people whinge about American geographical education being a joke..................

Didn't Hawaii become a state in 1959?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MBF
Didn't Hawaii become a state in 1959?

Yeah, sorry, it was a typo. My bad. I often do that since 9 and 0 are next to each other. especially when Im typing in a dark room. Im a dummy!

Alaska and Hawaii were both admitted into the union in the same year.

[edit on 17-8-2006 by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf]

MBF

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
]

Yeah, sorry, it was a typo.

I do the same thing sometimes. I blame mine on just gettin old.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I think Israel, PR, and Mexico should become states. Why should we stop expanding the union anyways? there is so much space to add stars to the flag. I mean I think its pretty cool to start adding them on the stripes you know?

Eventually we can all become the United States of Earth! Of course there will be a greatmany changes, but all for the better hopefully.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
yo its purto rico and guam are mistakenly considered as states but they are considered u.s. territories and we established u.s. civilian people there. thats it.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordOfBunnies
We could always just formally take over Iraq (formal annexation) and call it New Texas. Hey, I remember hearing rumors about Texas. Since they were a country before they joined the union, I heard they were allowed to secede (spelling) if they wanted. It was just a rumor but I have no idea if its true and I really don't feeling like looking up their state constitution.

There is actually nothing like that, except in popular imagination.

However some people say that the citizens of the RoT never had the chance to vote on whether to be annexed into the USA, so the treaty isn't legitimate.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

If a state today where to decide it doesnt want to be apart of the republic, like say Florida, then there is nothing we can do to stop it.

Once upon a time I had a passport to the United States of Florida, but somebody told me it was just a novelty greeting card.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I thought I read once that if the governors of all 50 states rally, they can overthrow a law initiated by the feds.
Trick is getting all 50 to agree, so it has to be pretty grievious.

I think it is about time that power shifts back to the states again.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Interesting, I have never heard that said before. I don't think they would agree eiuther, though

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I thought they did it once, eons ago. They can do the reverse of what the government tries. they threaten to withhold money unless it is reversed. I wish I could remember what it was, but it had to do with highways I think.

I have tried to look it up, but couldn't find anything.

If anyone knows about that law, please chime in.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by asmeone2

I thought they did it once, eons ago. They can do the reverse of what the government tries. they threaten to withhold money unless it is reversed. I wish I could remember what it was, but it had to do with highways I think.

I have tried to look it up, but couldn't find anything.

If anyone knows about that law, please chime in.

I'm trying to shine a light into the darkest parts of my memory... I think that may have been true in the very eaerliest days of America, when we were governed by the Articles of Confederation? That was the first attempt at checks and balances, when there were only 13 or so states to speak for. I don't remember, but I want to look into it now.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Ok guy we are not Norway we are Canada . We are two countries , Kanata which is 1 billion years old and Eastern Alliance which is 100 Million years old . Mongolia settled here in the area of Northern British Columbia over 100 million years ago and eastern was Formed because they met Mongolians and they decided to make a solid country border to keep things together . Canada is like 500 million years old in its current form , the United States is only over 1 million years old , 11 native nations in 3 which are Huron and Iriqois and Cali .

Canada has changed alot in the last 1 million years . We put together free housing for the poor long ago , our land we were not in was settled by renters from other countries . They became residents of Kanata long ago , we the Government of Kanata decided it would be in our best interests if we kept people here from other countries , old renter famalies and they could help us with out national Intelligence gathering . We dont take in criminalz and we opened up our free housing to refugees from Seattle and Tacoma washington and they destroyed it in BC and Alberta in the south . They retard mafia , the United Nations Gangs and the Street fag gang Assylumn have now destroyed our free housing in North BC and North Alberta . We did not take in Assylumn and people are still mad about the Seattle rowdies roaming and killing all over Canada since the 1950's .

We in Kanata do not house or support the Strike Eagle Demo Squadrons , we have target areas all over my Rez , Old Burnaby and Old Quoquilam and Ditchmond BC are all target practice and we are on Nuke Test now just listen to our radio yanks . WE are not targetting the United States we are targeting our Free housing and abandoned townz because dumpster people from places like mexico city and Wyoming and Oregon are there breeding and eating one another .

Its been a fun ride but we want NOTHING to do with the United States ever again here in Kanata we are the host nation . We have many Gunfighter people here as refugees, they are the ONLY peoples my country will try and help on thier way home thru this madness of gangs trying to trick poor local folks into thinking aliens are attacking . We are under attack by the settler people of the United States and we are at war WHITEY here in Kanata trying to keep you safe from the roaming salish worshipers .

Good luck yanks !

[edit on 21-8-2008 by jokerdazey2]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gs001

Brittan owns the US, the war of independance was won by the brits, not the US...

Try to google that or find it somewhere if you can please.

take care

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
You will not see just one state come into the union. The reason is very simple as it is politically based.

Washington DC has a history of be strongly demoncratic in nature. Republicans have blocked every attempt to change the status quo. Talks of bringing Puerto Rico into the nation as a state have demoncrats up in arms as this is considered to be a Republican area.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Desert Dawg

a commonwealth is a state, its one that is viewd polictically. there are 50 states in america 49 and 50 are hawaii and alaska.. puerto rico is not a state, and dc is a district

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join