It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I found a UFO over my house!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
that last picture should be posted in the paranormal section.
You will get more explanations and debunking.

But as far as those 2 pics you have, I'm not quite sure what to think. They seem unedited and pretty clear.

hm...maybe I'll tinker with everything in photoshop to see If I find anything.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
lol yeh i def, didnt alter them. I have no idea how to use any photoshop, i had just read the forums about diffrent camera modes you can pick ufos up at, so i was just changing the shutter speed and # and that came up, but i could not see it when i was standing there and when i came back out, to take a shot again it didnt pick it up. Im going to take ANOTHER shot tonight and post it in the morning or afternoon of the same spot.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Okay im Certain that what i picked up in the photo was something other than dust, water, mars, moon. I went outside same clear sky and took another picture but nothing came up.

img142.imageshack.us...

mod edit: replaced link to very large image

[edit on 15-6-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Your last one:
img57.imageshack.us...

mod edit: replaced link to very large image

[edit on 15-6-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
In the third picture looks like the camera was set to a slower shutter speed.

With a slower shutter speed you can take photos of scenes with less light, like the ones you took outside, but if you use the same setting for a inside picture with the flash set to auto, the camera knows that the shutter is set for a slower speed and the flash is weaker.

During the time the shutter is open the camera is gathering the image, because it expects the image to have low light.

If you move the camera while the shutter is open or if the objects in the photo change position then they appear like they were dragged along the photo.

If any of those objects has a reflection or a light, the "dragged" effect shows a line of light travelling along a path that is the exact movement you made with the camera while the shutter was open.

I think that the orange tinge of the photo is also an effect of a photo taken with a flash weaker than it should have been.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Yep, this is definately what it is in that last pic (the squiggly line one). You can tell that the camera has moved because you can see a shadow of the picture frames etc.

But that red object has me buggered - it's not mars, not a star, don't know what it is.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Well with some curiosity today, i asked my neighbor who is a well, was a jet piolet back in vietnam. He told me he had no idea what it was and that it certainly was not mars, because if i were to take a picture of mars from my house it would be simply a Red dot or nothing. I have zoomed in on the red image many times and have noticed two things. He also told me about some weird blue images that were similar to mine that he saw over the ocean during training missions.

one. it does seem that its the normal ufo shape, maybe turned on its side? Two. if you zoom in really close it looks like a Grays face! im not joking lol. It really does seem like theres two big eyes at the top and a mouth at the bottom, but im sure thats just by conincidence.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Thank you armap and tim.

I knew it was something like that. I just don't know all the lingo but I think my explanation was close.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hey I know I'm new to the posts but this one caught my eye. The first picture does seem to be mars but then again there is a possibility that it couldn't be. The 2nd doesn't seem to be in the exact same spot as the first one but you live there so I believe you. Now for the third. I've seen other pictures like this one before and it's been called plasma or "ghostly" plasma...heres a link to a group who debunks this kind of stuff and they have many pictures that have to do with this...
the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com...

I hope this helps you out...also send your last pic to them they might help you out.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
My opinion, as a (very) amature astronomer (but I have a REALLY REALLY BIG TELESCOPE !!! lolol ) is that this is a Multiple Star. They can appear as red, white, and blue - blue/green (if I remember right - I said "very", heh - the color depends on how hot each start of a group is). They sometimes appear to "dance", depending on current atmosphere.

Just my arsho I mean opinion

If you give me the date, time, and which direction that pic is facing, (I see your location), I'll look it up on a start chart and tell you if anything is there.

NN

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The date was June 13th or the 14th i just cant remember if i posted the day i saw it or after. The time was anywhere from 10:30 to 11:30 and i was facing north. I was wondering if it were to be two stars, then why did i not see a star in that specific area, i saw stars all around that night but the camera didnt pick them up.

But thinks for the help guys!

[edit on 15-6-2006 by mattmro]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If your pictures have EXIF data then you could tell us the date and time they were taken, if your camera has the time and date set correctly.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I looked at Starry nights, there are 4 multiple stars in that direction, one right at the angle of your view; it is also the closest (brightest).

But the thing is, they are far enough away that they appear to us to almost not move, meaning they are still there now; I went as far as next month and they are still in the same relative areas.

NN

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Wow, so i should have been able to take a picture in that area and pick something up again?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattmro
Wow, so i should have been able to take a picture in that area and pick something up again?

Everything depends on everything.

Didn't catch what your cam is, but anything less than (imo) $400 is just not about the sky, especially a night sky.

Catching anything with much less of a camera will be sporadic at best.

NN

Xo0

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
That last picture you made is because the shutter length of your camara was too low. Analog camera's , as well as digital, detect when there's not much light, so they're letting more light in by slowing the shutter time.. This causes those weird effects. Beside that strange light, you can also see other things on the photo to appear more than once..
It's used by many artist, to create some nice shots..

Edited with a second picture

[edit on 16-6-2006 by Xo0]

Edit number two: Hmm, I wasn't the first I see

[edit on 16-6-2006 by Xo0]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join