It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This makes the most sense

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
i found this on another site about the red rain phenomenan. Some guy said

If aliens actually do exist..then that means God doesn't exist because according to the *bible* we are the only lifeforces. Might bring chaos around the world. If this is the only life we have and there is no afterlife then people will do whatever they want. Uh ohs.

That is preaty much the best explanation of why a governemnt would keep alien technology/life/knowledge....away from the public.

www.shoutwire.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
Some guy said...

If aliens actually do exist..then that means God doesn't exist because according to the *bible* we are the only lifeforces. Might bring chaos around the world. If this is the only life we have and there is no afterlife then people will do whatever they want. Uh ohs.

That is certainly an interesting twist of logic you have there, as there is no reason why there could not have been someone who started The Big Bang and thereby the circumstances which eventually brought about the aliens in the first place. Souls being "lifeforces" doesn't point to the conclusion that person is making.

Originally posted by ATSGUY
That is preaty much the best explanation of why a governemnt would keep alien technology/life/knowledge....away from the public.

The government has a number of reasons for secrecy on this issue.

For one, there is the Brookings report that said that if evidence was ever found to prove that there was an extraterrestrial civilization, that institutions and governmental control over the general population would deteriorate.

Secondly, there are facets of the government that are in collusion with the Zetan-Greys. You even have abductees claim to have seen uniformed US soldiers working alongside Greys.

Third, the government is embarrassed at their inability to stop the aliens from basically doing whatever they want to people here and don't want the general public to know it.

There not being a god or God in plain sight is a big problem to be sure. But it is not the main reason for governmental secrecy regarding the Zetan-aliens.

[edit on 10-6-2006 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I don't get the "if god doesn't exist people would do whatever they want" thing.

There's plenty of people that don't believe in God or Allah, that either believe in nothing or believe in multiple deity's or other things.

There are actualy very few people that have Catholicisme, Christianity or Islam as their stated religion, that actualy believe in an activly judging "god" and an actual afterlife/heaven/hell construct.

People try to live good and right in the persuit of happynes and pleasure.

A normal human beings brain chemistry only gives happyness and pleasure when you do good, fun and nice things.

Only sicko's, psychopaths, pedophiles, rapists and other mentaly ill people do evil things in their persuit for happyness or pleasure, mainly because their heads are messed up.

There is absolutely no need for a god or any other type of uber being to hold an axe over our heads for humans to be "good".

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
I don't get the "if god doesn't exist people would do whatever they want" thing.

The reason...

If there is no god/God or higher power, then there is no need for personal accountability.

Originally posted by thematrix
There is absolutely no need for a god or any other type of uber being to hold an axe over our heads for humans to be "good".

Most people are not strong enough or spiritually focused enough to embrace that spiritual tenet.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I don't get it either. Some of my friends who are very religious often tell me that without religion they would not know right from wrong.
i then asked them how many people I had killed, how much I had stolen, adulterated (is that a word?), and other things that religion helps prevent.

Why is it that religious people think that anyone who doesn't embrace religion is immediately a sociopathic/alcoholic/junki/rapist that will go to hell?

Some religious people aren't exactly living saintly existences. I dont meant to offend now but Catholic priests and their disgusting behaviour toward choir boys is one example of a bad follower. Abu Hamza who preaches Jihad to Muslims is another.
oh, and the Crusades anyone? In which religion was the driving force behind genocide, cannibalism, rape and general pillaging.

If Jesus was an alien who wanted to conquer this planet, religious disputes would have done all of the hard work for him.

[edit on 11/6/06 by JackofBlades]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Where in the bible does it actually say that man is unique/alone, that God couldnt have repeated the process on other planets?

And if we are the only lifeforce, what are angels? And foremost, what is God? If he and angels arent part of this "lifeforce" that the thread poster mentioned, who's to say aliens have to be?

[edit on 11-6-2006 by merka]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

If there is no god/God or higher power, then there is no need for personal accountability.

As a Buddhist, we dont have worship god(s) or believe in an afterlife, yet we're one of the most passive group of religious people on Earth, in contrast to even Christianity, who does believe in a god, and an afterlife, and punishment.

Ironic? or a hole in the premise, perhaps?

[edit on 6-11-2006 by WolfofWar]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Basically the belive in God and the after life is the ultimate RULE BOOK the keeps us in line...most of us.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I couldend agree more, the governement has its motives and this is one of them.Perhaps the most important one.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Theres a N.A.S.A. document from the 60s (forget its name) that talks about 'hypothetical' reasons to cover up the existence of Extra Terrestrial Lifeforms (the subject ofthe document is the hypothetical situation that when exploring space, life is found.)

The reasoning was not religious, but what was called Social Deconstruction. Essentially theres been isolated cultures that have come to encounter new cultures on earth, only to be so shocked by the existence of said outside cultures that the isolated culture actually fell apart and destroyed itself.

Basically Earth, on a galactic scale, is one big whoppin' isolated culture. And NASA's document basically theorized the existence of EBEs would literally shatter our primitive little ego-centric paradigms, destroying our culture and beliefs.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

according to the *bible* we are the only lifeforces.

Can anyone tell me where in the Bible this statement is?

Of 15 years of Christian church AND school, I never heard that one.

Because something is not mentioned in the Bible, does not mean it is non-existant.

The twists that gazillions of people put on scripture - it's no wonder religion is so screwed up.

NN

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
As a Buddhist, we dont have worship god(s) or believe in an afterlife, yet we're one of the most passive group of religious people on Earth, in contrast to even Christianity, who does believe in a god, and an afterlife, and punishment.

Ironic? or a hole in the premise, perhaps?

You're a Buddhist with a nic of WolfofWar?

Seriously, you believe in karma. That is the Buddhist justification for leading a moral existence

Many people need to fear a God figure in order to live ethically. In Christianity, this is signified by the phrase, "put the fear of God in him/her/them."

The more mature souls do not need to fear a God figure in order to live by The Golden Rule.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Theres a N.A.S.A. document from the 60s (forget its name) that talks about 'hypothetical' reasons to cover up the existence of Extra Terrestrial Lifeforms...

The reasoning was not religious, but what was called Social Deconstruction... to be so shocked by the existence of said outside cultures that the isolated culture actually fell apart and destroyed itself.

...And NASA's document basically theorized the existence of EBEs would literally shatter our primitive little ego-centric paradigms, destroying our culture and beliefs.

You are referring to the Brookings Institution report in 1960 called Proposed Studies on the Implications of Peaceful Space Activities for Human Affairs.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

You are referring to the Brookings Institution report in 1960 called Proposed Studies on the Implications of Peaceful Space Activities for Human Affairs.

I believe thats it, I have to read it to see.

top topics

join