It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

London Chemical Bomb suspects set free

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   

London chemical bomb suspects freed


Saturday 10 June 2006,


Some 250 officers were involved in last Thursday's raid

British police say they have freed without charge two brothers who were arrested in an anti-terrorist raid in east London last week, in which one of them was shot.


Mohammed Abdul Kahar, 23, who is recovering from a gun-shot wound, and Abul Koyair, 20, were released on Friday after being held for questioning at a high security prison since police swooped on their house at dawn a week ago

Source



Well that was quick. All just a false alarm? Maybe it was the color of their skin or perhaps their names? Luckily these guys were only injured and not shot to death this time. If that kid had died and they found out they were innocent there would have been hell to pay for sure. Even these stupid things are adding fuel to the fire though and expanding the terrorist call to arms. These people charged with protecting us better get their acts together. Capturing one guy who can't even load and shoot a weapon is not going to help much.

Pie




posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Londoners better be watching out. From what I have read, this raid was based on hard evidence that a plan was in the works for a terrorist attack on London. They arrested the wrong guys, so it might make the real attackers (if there are any) antsy and willing to put their plan into motion quickly before they are caught.



posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I think both of the above posters are right. Since they were relised one must think that they were the wrong people. But as to where the right people are, well I hope they do find them.
I also see it as this could mean many different things. Like maby the real people set up two inosent people as a divershen.
To quote Sensfan, Londoners better be watching out.



posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I think this whole thing was just one big stage managed event. Not that I'd go as far as to say the Police were in on it. They were just the tools to do the job.
The "credible intelligence" came from somewhere/someone and that source now needs to be investigated thoroughly to establish their credentials.... but I won't hold my breath on that one


I doubt there ever was any chemical weapons plot and the statements that they are looking elsewhere are just a way of trying to save face and not appear such a bunch of amatuers and incompetents.
If these guys were supposedly under surveillance for weeks, as we have been told, then I'm sure some solid evidence of wrongdoing would have been found. You don't just launch an operation of this size based on the word of one rather dodgy informant.... or do you?



posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
I doubt there ever was any chemical weapons plot and the statements that they are looking elsewhere are just a way of trying to save face and not appear such a bunch of amatuers and incompetents.
If these guys were supposedly under surveillance for weeks, as we have been told, then I'm sure some solid evidence of wrongdoing would have been found. You don't just launch an operation of this size based on the word of one rather dodgy informant.... or do you?


I wonder where exactly they got that elaborate idea for a chemical weapon complete with drawings? Were they trying to give out ideas by showing such a weapon in the news? It just seems so odd. I'd still be wary you guys over there on the big island.



posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The people that were held are suing for compensation

The Metropolitan Police is facing a potential compensation bill of £500,000 for two brothers who were held as terror suspects for a week, according to reports. Mohammed Abdul Kahar, 23, who was shot, and 20-year-old Abul Koyair were released without charge after police found no trace of a chemical device at an address in Forest Gate, east London. Several Sunday newspapers have claimed that Mr Kahar could claim between £100,000 and £250,0000 for his injuries, while both men could claim for libel damages.

The family's lawyer Gareth Peirce told The Observer that the pair would be launching a legal action for damages against Met Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair.

She said: "But it will not be enough; the emotional damage will be enormous. In similar cases, some individuals never recover from an incident like this.

"Nobody identified themselves as police as they stormed in wearing terrifying black hoods and started bashing them over the head.

"They only realised they were officers when they saw the word 'police' on their backs."


Source



posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   
It could cost more. I saw an interview with occupants of the adjoining house last week and one of the guys there showed the stitches in his head after being hit with the butt of a weapon. That'll probably be another claim going in, and good luck to him.



posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Can we at all blame them? For something so important you would have thought they had dotted all their I's and crossed their T's and then rechecked again before proceeding. This just seems so sloppy.


Pie



[edit on 11-6-2006 by ThePieMaN]



posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   

News BBC

Questions are being asked about how the police and intelligence services handled an anti-terror raid in east London after the release of two men.

Muslim Council of Britain chief Mohammed Abdul Bari said: "The question the community raises is the genuineness of the intelligence."

He went on: "Because if the intelligence is flawed and operations are carried out in this manner, that creates difficulties in the community relationship.


Damian Hockney, also a member of the Metropolitan Police Authority, said the police had had to make a difficult decision.

"This is obviously embarrassing, but the police were in an impossible position.

The Metropolitioan Police are not exactly winning the Hearts of UK Muslim community with their actions - they shot a man, and they can be happy that he is still alive. We know how this "suspected-terrorst-raids" can develop in some cases, when an Innocent man gets shot several times in the head in public.

Paranoia building?

Or just Metro-Police trying to keep the people Afraid and Controlled?



posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Paranoia building?

Or just Metro-Police trying to keep the people Afraid and Controlled?


If you ask me, its a little of both with some emphasis on the latter two.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join