It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That bomb on Zarqawi's hideout created an explosion like a cross.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Are they new bombs? Or modified bombs? Built to take on God's enemies, like send their spirits to hell?
Most likely the explosion just blew outward after the walls collapsed, seriously.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Do you have a picture or did you see it on tv? I'd like to see that.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Do you have a picture or did you see it on tv? I'd like to see that.

Link

Ironically, this article posted about new and old bombs being used, and I didn't know that a new bomb was being used, it was just my personal observation about the raw video showing the explosion of the bombing of Al Zarqawi's hideout.

Anyways heres a shortcut to the raw footage.

news.yahoo.com...

You can scroll down to find a title called Raw Video to see the bomb exploding.

[edit on 8-6-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
My best guess is dirt kicked up due to the concussion of the blast. As you can see before the bomb hits, the countryhouse sits in an intersection in the middle of the orange and mango grove. the dirt is kicked up along the roads, yet the trees absorbed the energy before it kicked up the soil below. That's one possibility, just guessing since the cross is based on the road.

That said, I wish that Zarqawi could appreciate the irony of his demise

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I've often wondered at that myself, and can only theorise it's a result of striking a rectangular building. Many other bomb videos of building strikes show the same patern, with the lobes of the explosin focused in the center of walls. (striking the main defence command center in Bahgdad duing the Persian Gulf war is an excelent example.)

There was also a second bomb strike which didn't exhibit the same blast pattern, presumably because the original 'shaping factors' were no longer quite so sturdy.

Now, I must remember to design my new lair to focus the blasts of any direct bomb hits outward in a pattern more likely to summon one of the Elder Gods, such as Cthulhu

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
My understanding of this is that the blast follows the line of least resistance. Therefore the blast is directed through the centre of the walls before the corners, as the centre offers less resistance in the majority of buildings. The whole building is destroyed, but the blast travels faster through the four centres. This creates the crucifix-type shape.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The Video seems to not be working for me. However, I have somewhat of a theory on this. We have heard of this breaking out into a "Holy War", and assuming this blast was made to explode in such a menner, maybe it is our way of launching mental attacks on our enemies. What would be more intimidating than the symbol of The Son of God comming down on those who has declared war upon him? It is quite possible that is just an exploit of the extremeist's hate of Christianity and ill-tempers twoard it.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If the Jews would have blown it up, that would have been awesome for it to make the Jewish Star, no one can deny that!

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I agree with one of the posters about the dusty road theory. There was less exposed dust in the palm grove, so it wasn't kicked up as easily as on the dusty road.

The walls blown out also attracted my attention, but the problem with that theory is that the detonation did not necessarily happened right in the middle of the house, hence the symmetry of the dust clouds cannot be explained.

So I vote for the dusty roads.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The bombs was 2 500-lb bombs. 1. Laserguided GBU-12. 2. Gps guided GBU-38 (JDAM).

Dropped by f-16

[edit on 9-6-2006 by WindWalker]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
CNN Article
The video from the CNN site seems to work a little better/more smoothly than the Yahoo one.

Watching it again, it's interesting to note that 3 of the 4 lobes of the explosion are along the ground, while the fourth is raised upwards at approximately a 45 degree angle. I'm guessing either upwards deflection by structur/trees behind the safehouse, or just a charecteristic of plumetting high explosives.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Maybe Jesus is tired of this Muslim hoopla? Maybe the Old Time Religion of our Fathers is about to prevail? With God on our side, how can we possibly lose?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
I agree with one of the posters about the dusty road theory. There was less exposed dust in the palm grove, so it wasn't kicked up as easily as on the dusty road.

The walls blown out also attracted my attention, but the problem with that theory is that the detonation did not necessarily happened right in the middle of the house, hence the symmetry of the dust clouds cannot be explained.

So I vote for the dusty roads.

You may be right, I'm just repeating what I was taught on my dems course. Of course, if you study the blast patterns of many detonations, not all of them are of this shape. This would suggest that this detonation may have been in the centre of the building.

The dusty roads theory may work too though, I'll have a chat with the big-bang man back when I get back to the unit to see if he knows any better.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite
Maybe Jesus is tired of this Muslim hoopla? Maybe the Old Time Religion of our Fathers is about to prevail? With God on our side, how can we possibly lose?

Hi Don
Maybe they swung by the vatican and had the Pope bless the bombs before they dropped them. Kind of like when they used to bless the Knights during the crusades. Oh wait...this war isn't supposed to be about religion...oops..sorry

I didn't see a cross. I saw an X. The camera was in the wrong angle.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite

"thou shall not kill" (Exodus 20:13; Deuteronomy 5:17)

Real holy war you got going on there.

top topics

join