It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British & American Troops Already In Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I posted a thread earlier but i removed it after i found some of the things in it werent entirely right....but here is the proper version

In the past few weeks, a reliable military source (a close friend of mine) attended a presentation / briefing by a senior member of the British Special Forces. In this briefing, the speaker began talking about the situation in Iraq and Iran. He carefully chose his words and began to talk specifically about the current Iran situation, then he (whether unintentionally or knowingly) started to hint about the presence of British/American insurgent troops inside Iran on a purely non combatent bais. My friends words were 'he was very sarcastically saying that there was not a presence, which in army speak means he wasnt being completely truthful!'. Now obviously i wasnt there, but my friend was and he seemed completely convinced of the speakers meaning... so in that case, if this is true of course, we ARE in Iran already with the US and its only a matter of time before the data that they collect can be analysed and a battle plan formed???

Let me know your thoughts

Shinobi x

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Is there any other evidence for these claims besides your "reliable military source (a close friend of mine)" ?

Not that I dont trust a anonymous poster on the internet with no real evidence.... wait on second thought I dont trust a poster on the internet with no real evidence.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Basically no i cannot produce any evidence for this, im not saying that i can... i just thought that id post what they told me

I can only say that i doubt they would lie to me, i asked permission to write this post from them nd they made sure that i worded everything correctly... but thats about as much guarantee as i can give sorry.

Im not so anonymous anyway, its not like this is my first ever post... im a University student from London (not that it narrows everything down lol).. but im just saying exactly what i heard, i could keep it to myself but in a nut shell... i didnt want to lol

Shinobi

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
If it's shenanigans shame on you.

If you're right, nice work! and incredibly frightening news. "Non-combatant" could mean a lot of things.

I would (like everyone else) like proof, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if there where special operation teams in there.

I'll never take anything at face value but if your being honest I'll certainly give you major kudos for what could be a very big deal.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well this type of activity isnt out of the question for special forces gathering intel doing recon etc... The SAS for example were in Iraq long before the offical war started.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Im pretty sure that troops have been in Iran for a longer time than you suggest. This is not unusual or a portent towards war. We would be stupid if we didnt have some eyes and ears in Iran during the Iraq conflict.

Hell, they were there in the 90's, Id imagine.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Of course i can understand the skepticism, and i have seen for myself a lot of the idiots who make up things intentionally for shock factor or points etc... i can just give you my word that this is what i was told, whether you deem it as reliable or not... all im saying is that from wat i heard i am convinced. Be your own judge.

Ive heard from tv shows and newpapers about how in the Iraqi war there were insurgents inside possibly 18 months before the official start of the war, and even tho i cannot provide proof for that either it doesnt make me believe it any less simply because it makes military sense to check out the area before anything on a large scale.

Im just a messenger, please dont shoot me!

Shinobi

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Im just a messenger, please dont shoot me

Well you've been on the board for a couple of years which is why I'm certainly willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you knew when you posted we'd doubt.

We always doubt...which is good and I think you'd agree. But we all seem to be under the same belief that it is definitely a major possiblity.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Too bad we couldnt get more evidence this could be a very big story for ATSNN. Imagine if ATS beat the major news networks to this story that would be huge.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'd expect that there are US Special Forces in Iran now also, picking out targets, getting ground intelligence, etc. There is clearly going to be a war, or, minimally, there's a great likelyhood of it, that requires ground work, and this is how it'd be done.

In the US, army special forces are Green Berets. When you say british Special Forces, does that imply a specific group, or just 'special forces' in general?

What type of group is your friend in? A combat group, intelligence, staff, etc? Or does he/she not want that information given up? Any information beyond what was already mentioned, any speculation on their part as to how long they'd been there or who is there with them, if they are gathering intel, etc?

I would think that, given the iraq situation, with the insurgency, and Iran's greater capacity for an insurgency, that one of the major goes of any pre-war operation would be to organize an 'anti-insurgency', along with determine what local political lines the country might fracture on. IE, interview the zoroasterians, find out if they are unified, or if there are sects within them that are prepping for an insurgency fight against the US, the same with the Ba'hai, and of course the muslim iranians. I'd think that Iran, despite its regime having strong police state powers, still has a criminal underground. They'd want to find out who the big names are in that, what side they are considering joining, etc.

Are there many Sunni populations in Iran, I wonder???

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'm a Royal Marine recruit, and on many occasions, our Cpls have stated that there are operations going on within Iran by both British and American forces. Apparently, this has been going on since at least November 2003. Unfortunately, our Cpls are unable to say exactly what type of operations or how extensive the operations are.

Btw, our Cpls explained that the hunt for Osama is no longer top priority and hasn't been for several years, so, if my maths is correct, its simply putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 4.

Seems to me that military action on Iran is inevitable - theres more going off than the news reports

CX

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Not sure if this has much truth in it, but it would indicate that our forces are indirectly working over there as a starter to the main course.

www.rawstory.com...

CX.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

In the US, army special forces are Green Berets. When you say british Special Forces, does that imply a specific group, or just 'special forces' in general?

What type of group is your friend in? A combat group, intelligence, staff, etc? Or does he/she not want that information given up? Any information beyond what was already mentioned, any speculation on their part as to how long they'd been there or who is there with them, if they are gathering intel, etc?

My friend is part of the regular Army, but they dont want me to really expand on that as i hope you can appreciate. When i say special forces, his exact words were 'the guy was a senior member of the Special Forces... SAS, SBS or Special Reconaissance Regiment' - which is pretty much a broad range of special forces so i didnt include it before. and 'non-combatent' ...i can only assume that implies reconaissance / hearts and minds stuff.

Even tho it might seem vague, im sorry but im not willing to compromise my friend's anonimity

Shinobi

new topics

top topics

join