It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

666 Writing Contest - Apocalypse Now?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I told you I'd be joining the fray sooner or later. Apocalypse... NOW!
God help me I just couldn't seem to trim the dang thing at all. I'll be finishing it up with a couple more posts in 12 hours or less. I assume the contest wont end till evening.

[edit on 16-6-2006 by The Vagabond]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
where do we post these stories? Here or elswhere?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
In the Short Stories subsection of Collaborative Fiction. In other words, yes, the same place you just posted in.

Notice the contest ends today, so you should get it in ASAP.
And, don't forget to put (666) into the title line.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Would it be possible to post two of my writings here for you to read?

They are both conspiratory/government related and both poetic, I do beleive ATS members would appreciate them?

Thankyou

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Would it be possible to post two of my writings here for you to read?

Don't add them to this thread, though...

Be sure to put them into the Short Story subforum (because Collaborative Fiction requires a 'Writers status'). Start a new thread with each story so that you can add to it later and others can comment on it.

I look forward to reading them, Melbourne_Militia.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
You have till midnight eastern time tonight to get those 666 entries in. Winners will be announced on Monday.

good luck to all

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Good luck to everyone, there are some great entry's and i have enjoyed reading them all. It amazes me at the pool of creative talent here on ATS.

cheers
m4s

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
hmmm, mine must really be bad, no one has commented on it......
, ohh well i'll stick to my Buffy/Angel Fanfic on other boards

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JebusSaves

Don't get the wrong impression. A lot of good stories go uncommented, especially during contests.

I'll wait until the judging is in for the contest, then I'll give it the same review I give the other students in my writing workshops at school, if you like.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

Originally posted by JebusSaves

Don't get the wrong impression. A lot of good stories go uncommented, especially during contests.

I'll wait until the judging is in for the contest, then I'll give it the same review I give the other students in my writing workshops at school, if you like.

I was actually only kidding, but if you'd like to do that, by all means.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Dang, I missed the fray.

This is what I get for not keeping up with Collab Fiction.

I was actually putting together a story until I read the deadline for the contest, I'll catch the next one.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Thank you to all who participated in this contest, all the entries were good, I enjoyed all with a few favorities being Vacancy No More, Call of Duty, The Miracle of Birth, Wake Up Call, and Nephilim. However we have three clear winners and those are:

First Place: sdp33 for Everlastin' Damnation

Second Place: mojoforsale for A Father's Son

Third Place: darkelf with My Summer Vacation

These three writers best captured the essence of the infamous 666 with the criteria given to come up with three unique and different aspects of the date.

Congratulations to our winners and again thank you to all who participated, you did a great job.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
ahhhhhhhh sweeeeet....I haven't won anything for my writing since I was in fifth grade!

Seriously, I am obviously new to the writer's circle here but I truly love these contests and enjoy reading the entries. On a side note, this forum is the first time I have ever shared my writing with ANYONE.......I haven't even let my husband read them!!

Again, love the company here and can't wait til the next contest!

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Congratulations to the winners...truly well deserved.

I enjoyed the vision expressed in all the entries. I know the effort which went into them all, so it's much appreciated. Each story is a journey into the mind of the author as s/he projects the inner imagery of their imagination for us to experience in ourselves.

It's a remarkable process, when you think about it, and it is certainly the most ancient entertainment we humans have had in the 200,000 years of our journey. It's no wonder the story teller has always been the most revered member of our different societies. Today, in this age of movies, television and computers, it has become a huge industry.

But, what you have done here in Short Stories is no less important than the works of George Lucas or Walt Disney.

Thank you for your visions...they bring us all together in a way that nothing else can.

edit for grammar

[edit on 19-6-2006 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Wow, truly amazed to do so well this time around as there were some really great entry's and i felt like id rushed that one a bit. Glad that you enjoyed it. Likewise sdp333 this is the first place ive felt comfortable enough to share my stories, i guess that say's alot about the great people that frequent ATS. Cant wait for the next one and congratulations to sdp333 and darkelf as well as all you other awesome writers.
Cheers
m4s

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Cool, i got a mention....not bad for a first attempt really.
I just finished now reading the all the other entires and honestly i'd pick the same three for the top three.

OK, so now you have my juices flowing, whats the next topic and whens it gonna happen?

EDIT: Also just noticed like an hour later, my usertitle is now Writer.....whooop....eeee

[edit on 20/6/2006 by JebusSaves]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
wtg on the winners

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Congratulations to the winners.

I enjoyed reading all of the stories and seeing the different "styles" work
their magic. T'was fun!

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It's too bad I missed out on this one, but I'll be back with avengeance next time!

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster
It's too bad I missed out on this one, but I'll be back with avengeance next time!

I'm looking forward to it, Voidmaster. It's tough not being able to enter my stories, but I sure do enjoy reading the submissions the membership comes up with.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join