It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dirty Bomb....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The Colbalt Salt Bomb or known as the dirty bomb is one of the worlds greates fear. It spreads radioactivity of town or city. Terrist use it to clear these places. But the terrist dont know what they have...

You take that bomb and launch it into the atomsphere it will wipe out contries or even the world....i have to say that this is the worst weopan created by man.
Dirty Bomb

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The site does not substantiate your claims, in fact, the site states that is not a nuclear weapon, it is conventional, and the radioactive exposure is not enough to worry about.

Is the bomb as LETHAL as you put it?

No, definitly not.

Keep in mind, there is so much explosives that a terrorist organization can stick in a bomb and make it mobile, they do lack the necessary equipment and technology to make a high-yield weapon which is why they can never actually make the weapon into a super one. Can they kill alot of people?

Sure they can, they just need to do it right, and doing it right would include detonating the explosive underneath a heavily populated area, not airborne.

The site does not support your claims really, it says nothing about the composition of the weapon in question and certainly does not say it is an airborne explosive.

What it does say is that has a large explosive area, or atleast it implies it.(It's a hard website to analyze as they are not really clear on what they're saying)

In my honest opinion, this weapon would nowhere near rank as the worst weapon created by man. It most certainly does not have the capability to wipe out countries or the world, well... you would need a whole mess of them.

Where in the link does it state "Cobalt Salt bomb"?

Just a bit curious.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
but radiation that launched into the atomsphere could cause a big thing like this to happen.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parasite
but radiation that launched into the atomsphere could cause a big thing like this to happen.

According to your source, not likely.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
how about an atom bomb shot to the atmosphere...will kill the entire earth...this is like the samething.....

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   

how about an atom bomb shot to the atmosphere...will kill the entire earth...this is like the samething.....

A single Atom Bomb lacks that kind of explosive capability and does not emit enough radiation to affect the entire planet. The explosion would need to be larger and you would need to do it in the jet streams in order for the radation to flow along the contours of the Earth.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This is a good example of not understanding atomic weapons. Atomic weapons are nasty, but they're NOT "Oh my god they're going to wipe out all life if we use one!" weapons. Even if a nuke goes off high in the atmosphere it's only going to affect a small portion of the planet. And it's NOT gauranteed that it's going to kill everyone in the path of the fallout. There are a ton of factors that will determine what will happen and how many people it will affect. A nuclear WAR will kill millions of people, but NOT a dirty bomb, and NOT a single nuke, unless it goes off right in the heart of a major city.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The link itself said that the bomb was not capable of what the original poster had stated. The bomb in my opinion is not more of a danger than a nuclear warhead on any level by any means.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
The Parasite,
The information you gave completely contradicts what the website says. Did you even read the website that you provided?

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The Colbalt Salt Bomb or known as the dirty bomb is one of the worlds greates fear. It spreads radioactivity of town or city. Terrist use it to clear these places. But the terrist dont know what they have...

You take that bomb and launch it into the atomsphere it will wipe out contries or even the world....i have to say that this is the worst weopan created by man.
Dirty Bomb

Are you spelling bad on purpose? You seem like a kid. I am not looking for a fight.

[edit on 1-7-2006 by wildcat]

[edit on 1-7-2006 by wildcat]

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
cobalt bomb is NOTHING remotely close to a dirty bomb. Dirty bomb is like the bottem of the radioactive foodchain. As I recall cobalt salt bombs don't even exist yet.

DENIED.........ignorance.

[edit on 1-7-2006 by grimreaper797]

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
After seeing all your other posts I think your spelling bad on purpose.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If normal Atomic weapons were that dangerous we would all be dead because hundreds have been tested all over the world. In the upper atmosphere, underwater even out space.

There are some theories that originated with Leo Szilard on making a massive H bomb with Cobalt ( Co-60 ), In theory if built big enough these could be doomsday weapons and would spread massive amounts of long lasting radiation. 8 times more intense than fission at 1 year and 150 times more intense at 5 years

The USSR even designed a bomb that would do just that it was built inside a massive tanker and pretty much the entire ship was going to be the bomb that would spew enough long lasting radiation to kill most surface life on earth.

The soviets never built it (even they werent that crazy it seems) and no nation has ever tested such a device. Though the British did test a bomb that incorporated cobalt as an experimental radiochemical tracer in 1957 but it really wasnt the same thing and was deemed a failure and never repeated.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If you were to make a more modern nuclear weapon the size of the 'Tsar Bomba' ( Let's say 100-200+ Megaton) and encase it in several tons of Cobalt and any other stuff that will do the same, that could be rather unpleasant.

It wouldn't be the most practical of weapons though.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
As I type this I have on my radiological Dosimetry.

About as prepared as I can get for right now. How about some of you???

Orangetom

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain_Sensible
If you were to make a more modern nuclear weapon the size of the 'Tsar Bomba' ( Let's say 100-200+ Megaton) and encase it in several tons of Cobalt and any other stuff that will do the same, that could be rather unpleasant.

It wouldn't be the most practical of weapons though.

I think that was pretty much the plan for the Soviet Doomsday bomb though it could have been much bigger then the TSAR bomba. TSAR was air dropped from a aircraft and when you creating a bomb inside a massive ship you dont have to worry about such weight and size requirements.

I think it was also designed to have radiation sensors built into it so it could detect if a nuclear attack was launched at the soviet union and it would then go off even if command was taken out back in the USSR. I assume that part of that concept was carried over to Russias infamous “dead hand” response system which would activate Russia's normal ICBMs incase of a crippling first strike on Russia command.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I take that back you have to be a kid b/c people who are older dont have any reason to spell bad.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
You mean....to spell badly?? Dont you??

Truth be known...with the state of public schools it is not difficult for many today to graduate college and not be able to spell or know language..even their own language. The levels are very poor across the board.
Most of us..our abilities are down at the newspaper level or lower...and mostly four letter words.

I was told by a educated elder who used to teach college...economics..that at one time the educated peoples in this country...America.. had a vocabulary of about 4000 to 4500 words. These educated peoples also knew the meanings of these words ...what they meant and did not mean.
Todays educated person coming out of colleges has a vocabulary of about 1000 to 1200 words and most of them four letter words.

One look at a 8th Grade McGuffey Reader will clear this up for you.

Just some additional information for your consideration.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Don't know what schools your going to, but where I'm from, if you can't spell ,you're pretty much doomed. (They do take off points for not even being able to spell your name correctly)

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Dirtybombs are ideal for a terrorist attack. If your hit with anytype of bomb you want it to be the dirty kind because it's easier to clean up but it's still very pyschological. Just pour cement over the infected areas and seal the buildings if necesarry, tell the public everyhting is okay and that there is nothing to fear and no one is the wiser..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join