It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Davinci Code, Code in the book?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
My girlfriends daughter bought "The Davinci Code" today. She's at about 200 pages of the almost 500 pages in the book. (I haven't read it yet)
She told me that there seems to be some kind of code in the book itself, certain italicised words, "S. O. S." printed in the margin,,,, stuff like that.
Has anyone noticed that?
I'm going to read it next and I just want to know if I should bother keeping track of the little clues that seem to her to be in there.
Thanks for any input!

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
'Don't forget to drink your Ovaltine.' That is just my guess, and it does fit in with the secret code that a secret decoder ring deciphered in another psuedo-reality motion picture which told a very believable, yet allegedly fictional tale that unfolded against a background setting of a religious tradition that is considered sacrosanct by millions of faithful believers. The film is also one of my all time favorites, 'A Christmas Story', with Darren McGavin. Other potential messages are, 'Thank you for making me rich beyond my wildest fantasies.', and ' Thanks for ignoring my admission that it is a work of fiction which I made up, and not a peer reviewed, historical textbook.'

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
You never know. Dan brown, for a good laugh, would probably have thrown in some code to boost speculation, book sales, and to get people talking.

Im sure we shall see new websites dedicated to the Davinci Code Within the Code or something.

if such a code exists, I honestly doubt its anything earth shattering. Ill go with the Drink your Ovaltine Code, or the Buy More Books and See the Movie Code.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
As I recall there was some mention on Browns site about " Clues" in TDVC .
These were something to do with his next book if memory serve me.( always a question)

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I think the clues to his new book are hidden in the cover of DC.

www.randomhouse.com...

[edit on 2-6-2006 by Karaya]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Wow! So it is a definite "maybe", I'll keep my eyes open while reading it then.
Thanks for your comments!

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
My girlfriends daughter bought "The Davinci Code" today. She's at about 200 pages of the almost 500 pages in the book. (I haven't read it yet)
She told me that there seems to be some kind of code in the book itself, certain italicised words, "S. O. S." printed in the margin,,,, stuff like that.
Has anyone noticed that?
I'm going to read it next and I just want to know if I should bother keeping track of the little clues that seem to her to be in there.
Thanks for any input!

can you post pics of it ?

thanks in advance

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
DrExtravaganza, pic of the cover? I could scan and post it if you want.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

DrExtravaganza, pic of the cover? I could scan and post it if you want.

thank you for your reply.

certain italicised words, "S. O. S." printed in the margin,,,, stuff like that.

i'd like to see a pic of that if possible.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
OK, I'll have to ask her to show me where it is.
I'll post it ASAP.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
also which version are you talking about? there have been 3 that I know of.

The first release hard back w/ several editions.
The Illustrated Hard back
and the Paperback.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
DrExtravaganza, I will post it, this is our busy season at our plant store. I haven't seen her in a few days. I work 8 hours a day at our beer and wine supplies store, and she works 4 hours a day at our plant store. We keep missing each other,,,,,

stalkingwolf, it's the paperback version.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Maybe you should check out wikipedia. Most spoilers can be found there.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   

DrExtravaganza, I will post it, this is our busy season at our plant store. I haven't seen her in a few days. I work 8 hours a day at our beer and wine supplies store, and she works 4 hours a day at our plant store. We keep missing each other,,,,,

stalkingwolf, it's the paperback version.

though times huh ?

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
ok i just posted this without checking this thread was here, sry!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
ShinobiAurora, that's a good find

I don't think your topic is a copy of mine though, similar but different.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Very interesting.

I didn't have any interest in the book even a month ago. But now I'm thinking I might have to read it.

Maybe it's a marketing ploy used simply to generate hype and therefore sales. If it is (I'm sure it is) then it may well be working. Sadly enough, even on me.

Pass

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
OK, here is the scan:

I didn't scan at a high dpi because I wanted to keep the image size within reasonable limits.

It's still just under 1 meg.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
OK I have what I think is a 1st edition ( It does not show any subsequent release dates)
Hard back.

The cover is completely different and there is no added "sos". the page that you
scaned is 143 in my copy.

here
is a picture of the front of the cover I have

[edit on 8-6-2006 by stalkingwolf]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Thats weird.. Any other messages inside?? Ive read the hardback and havent seen the paperback messages.. please post on!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join