It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5m long missile found by customs.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Apologies for the lack of details or links, but Sky News has just reported that UK customs has stopped a lorry containing a 5m long missile. The missile was apparently unarmed however a man has been held under arms trafficing laws.

This was a very small report on Sky News in amongst other new items, but hopefully i'll have a link soon.

Lets just hope this was some bizzare colectors new trophy.

CX.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
omg, 5m missile!
Any idea where it was found?

CX

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Ah, just heard it again but no news links available yet, it was actualy french customs who stopped the one and a half ton missile at Caleigh. It was said to be headed for Britain.

The only news clip i can get at the moment is on Sky Active, press the red button, select news then click headlines, they give it a brief mention on that.

CX.

[edit on 1/6/06 by CX]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Watching it now.

Heading for britian :s There could have been more, that had not been caught. one and a half ton bomb could cause mega damage, esspecially to britain.

EDIT: just saw it, Very short report.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by And3h]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Can someone post a link to the story please?
This is getting me intrigued now

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
its still breaking news, Very short news report on sky news headlines. Cant find an atricle online

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
here's a link

www.hln.be...

too bad it's dutch...

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Ahhhh Mannnn! I speak english, and that isn't english.
Any idea how ti get it translated?

CX

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I just ran the Dutch text through Bablefish and got this....

"Rocket discovered in lorry to Great Britain lucht-grondraket without cargo, originating from Italy and to Great Britain, have been underway discovered Monday by French police force men in a lorry of which the driver did not have required the admissions at itself. That has been learned Thursday from judicial source. The 5 meters long and one and a half barrel heavy rocket were discovered Monday during a rut control in Noord-Franse the port of Calais for embarking to Great Britain. The projectile a beetje had become obsolete, had no head and no cargo and accompaniment system also no. But was function able, thus solicitor Gérald Lesigne. "the problem is that the transport circumstances for this type of weapon said a beetje ventured products", he. According to the solicitor it went a transport between companies. He excluded arms trafficking. There a judicial research comes endanger because of of living others, violation on the weapon legislation and violation on the customs legislation. The driver, of which the age and nationality were not announced, has been released."

Don't blame me, blame the translator lol! Now if you can make head or tail of that you're a better man than me, the "one and a half barrel" weapon, i'm guessing they mean "ton" in weight as thats what was reported on Sky. If anyone can do a better translation, please feel free.

Someone with a better knowledge of missiles may do better with this one. Bits missing but "function able"? The guy has been released anyway by the looks of it so shows over everyone, move along, nothing to see here!

Very few details for something that could potentially be huge in a world living in fear of the big terrorist attack.
If it was a private collector, surely they would have said so, if it was military they'd have said so or it probably would'nt even be in the news.

Would'nt mind keeping an eye on this one.

CX.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Thats been at least 30 mins, Youd think there would be more reports in the matter.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
OK
I just translated the Dutch to English, but it is hard to read.

Lucht-grondraket without cargo, originating from Italy and to Great
Britain, have been underway discovered Monday by French police force
men in a lorry of which the driver did not have required the
admissions at itself. That has been learned Thursday from judicial
source. The 5 meters long and one and a half barrel heavy rocket were
discovered Monday during a rut control in Noord-Franse the port of
Calais for embarking to Great Britain.

The projectile a beetje had become obsolete, had no head and no
cargo and accompaniment system also no. But was function able, thus
solicitor Gérald Lesigne. "the problem is that the transport
circumstances for this type of weapon said a beetje ventured
products", he.

According to the solicitor it went a transport between companies. He
excluded arms trafficking. There a judicial research comes endanger
because of of living others, violation on the weapon legislation and
violation on the customs legislation. The driver, of which the age and
nationality were not announced, has been released.

This is an exact translation. Thats why some of it may make no sense.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I, without a doubt, will keep my eye on this thread.
A little to conspicuous if you ask me....

Thanks for the heads up none the less.

Keep us posted,Thanx!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Cx, nice translation

if my english were better, i'd translate it for you guys but it's difficult. Bablefish did a great job though...

i think it's nothing to worry about! but indeed, let's keep an eye on it

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I wonder if this is the same story.

www.sky.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
LOL
bablefish! funny stuff. I once used bable for a french translation for a big paper in my college french course. Never used it before, but was in a hurry, and the result was a not so happy professor as bable had turned it all around and even made a sexual notation to a specific sexual position or so it came out when the whole paper was on politics.

Anyways, if they confirmed it was a 5m long one and a half barrel of a missle, why release the guy with no explanation? They carry on about the most pointless stories and yet when something like this happens its hush hush.....
damn state controlled media!

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
nope, that's another story crakeur!

i think there was another thread about that one?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom463

i think it's nothing to worry about!

nothing to worry about? Missiles heading for Britain is nothing to worry about?

[edit on 1-6-2006 by And3h]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
yeah, i live in belgium so...

no what i mean is: they released the driver, french police are not making a big deal of it as well as the media... i don't know and3h, like i said, let's keep an eye on it, i'm also waiting for more details...

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Fresh off the truck! The Sun is there

He has told them the delivery was “authorised” by an agent in London.

www.thesun.co.uk...

[edit on 2-6-2006 by promomag]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
But it seems kind of odd that there's a bit of activity happening and 6/6/06 is around the corner.... 4 days from now?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join