It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5m long missile found by customs.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by promomag
Fresh off the truck! The Sun is there

He has told them the delivery was “authorised” by an agent in London.

www.thesun.co.uk...

[edit on 2-6-2006 by promomag]

Thanks for that promag
, i'm quite impressed that The Sun wrote that article and did'nt say that Elvis was was caught riding the missile!

CX.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
They are just recently popping up on Google News, not sure why it's taking so long for it to get out there...

www.itn.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
I just ran the Dutch text through Bablefish and got this....

"Rocket discovered in lorry to Great Britain lucht-grondraket without cargo, originating from Italy and to Great Britain, have been underway discovered Monday by French police force men in a lorry of which the driver did not have required the admissions at itself. That has been learned Thursday from judicial source. The 5 meters long and one and a half barrel heavy rocket were discovered Monday during a rut control in Noord-Franse the port of Calais for embarking to Great Britain. The projectile a beetje had become obsolete, had no head and no cargo and accompaniment system also no. But was function able, thus solicitor Gérald Lesigne. "the problem is that the transport circumstances for this type of weapon said a beetje ventured products", he. According to the solicitor it went a transport between companies. He excluded arms trafficking. There a judicial research comes endanger because of of living others, violation on the weapon legislation and violation on the customs legislation. The driver, of which the age and nationality were not announced, has been released."

Don't blame me, blame the translator lol! Now if you can make head or tail of that you're a better man than me, the "one and a half barrel" weapon, i'm guessing they mean "ton" in weight as thats what was reported on Sky. If anyone can do a better translation, please feel free.

Someone with a better knowledge of missiles may do better with this one. Bits missing but "function able"? The guy has been released anyway by the looks of it so shows over everyone, move along, nothing to see here!

Very few details for something that could potentially be huge in a world living in fear of the big terrorist attack.
If it was a private collector, surely they would have said so, if it was military they'd have said so or it probably would'nt even be in the news.

Would'nt mind keeping an eye on this one.

CX.

They say the projectile had become a little bit old. It had no head but it was in a good shape to fully function. The problem is that the transport circumstances for this type of
weapon is a little bit dared.

The say it was a transport between companies. He said it wasn't wapentrade between countries.

There will be a legal investigation cause of putting lives of others in danger, violation on the weapon legislation and violation on the customs
legislation. The driver, of which the age and nationality were not announced, has
been released.

For what it's worth.....

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
maybe it was meant to be launched from brit to germany as a fireworks display during the opening ceremony of world cup 2006

dangerous times we live in atm...sigh...

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Alright CX, dont worry about the post I have made under this post!!!!! Cuz for some reason I could not see the post you have made at the top of page 2 with the link for the Sun, I dont know why it was not displayed at first but after I had pressed the reload button I could see you post at the top of the page.

So just dont worry about the post under this one CX, there must be a higher force at work here mate im not sure maybe it was aliens!!! anyway enough funny stuff I have red the article you posted from the Sun News Paper nice one for putting it up CX!!!!

Take it eazy mate

Lataz

Alex (alex1981)

[edit on 4/6/06, by alex1981]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Apologies for the lack of details or links, but Sky News has just reported that UK customs has stopped a lorry containing a 5m long missile. The missile was apparently unarmed however a man has been held under arms trafficing laws.

This was a very small report on Sky News in amongst other new items, but hopefully i'll have a link soon.

Lets just hope this was some bizzare colectors new trophy.

CX.

How you doin CX??? Nice one for making this Thread mate, I live in England and I have not seen this on the news and have also searched on Sky news and I still have not found the dam thing, do you know where I can find this news thread on any English news station or anywhere ells for that matter. Any ideas CX?????

If you do please let me know mate as I would like to see this bit of news, Personally I think a 5 meter long missile is a big bit of news personally but I cant find it anywhere, have you seen it again lately???? If not when was the last time you saw it mate???

Please let me know if you can tell me anything CX

Nice one

Lataz

Alex (alex1981)

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
It is basicly everywere on internet news papers in Holland, but it's everywere the same message and there's no following up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join