It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is being watched.....and so are you!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Are you being watched? According to an organization, under the aegis of Amnesty International, Forums and Blogs, not unlike Above Top Secret, are being monitored. The irrepressible.info site paints a dark picture of the future which can affect each and every member on ATS. Furthermore, it raises the questions of whether posters on ATS will "temper" their opinions in light of the possibility that their posts could have dangerous repurcussions.

Would you soften your anti-Bush or anti-Conservative stance if you knew that your words could come back to haunt you even years later? Would you be ready to be punished or even imprisoned for the opinions you hold -- and express -- today?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
And this pertains to war or terrorism how?

Better forum for this?

And of coure we are all being watched! If you think for a second the FBI among others dont monitor this site daily you are blind.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
well of course, monitoring Forums and Blogs are part of the "war on terror". The NSA justifies intercepting communications and reading Forums and Blogs on the basis of the war against terrorism. Our collective civil liberties are being comprimised on the justification that the war on terrorism demands this action.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
And this pertains to war or terrorism how?

Well, in case you haven't noticed, domestic surveillance has become a hot button issue and has been justified as part of the war on terror.

And of coure we are all being watched! If you think for a second the FBI among others dont monitor this site daily you are blind.

I think the point of the original post was to pose the question "if you know you're being watched, would you hold back your opinions knowing they may bite you in the rear later on"

My take?

I'll go to jail before i allow anyone to "force" me to not speak my mind via these sort of intimidation games. Yes, i know that may sound a little gutsy but my forefathers did not die only to allow one of our CORE liberties (freedom of speech) to be pushed aside.

War or peace, we must be protected by the 1st amendment.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The only thing I soften when online is my language. I couldn't care less what ANY gov't agency thinks. That being said, I'm a Canuck so it doesn't apply I guess.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
well of course, monitoring Forums and Blogs are part of the "war on terror". The NSA justifies intercepting communications and reading Forums and Blogs on the basis of the war against terrorism. Our collective civil liberties are being comprimised on the justification that the war on terrorism demands this action.

Well, in the words of our president, I say, "Bring it on!" If we are to deny ourselves the freedom to discuss/debate issues that currently effect our lives, than we deserve any punishment we get. I think most people on here have realized that this could indeed be possible, and most likely is happening. That is the price we pay for our freedoms, and that is what we'll do. If the discussion of current events is a problem for them, then it will have to be just that, their problem. Let's not bother with the fear aspect, because if we deny ignorance, we will end up denying the fear at the same time.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
That being said, I'm a Canuck so it doesn't apply I guess.

That might be an assumption that you might regret later. With Stephen Harper , a conservative, as Prime Minister in Canada, the U.S. war on terrorism might easily be extended into "America's Northern Territories". That said, I agree with you Intrepid, I won't temper my opinions in light of any possible future repercussions. I'll go underground with you, fighting any regime of repression while we hide from the military squads that are rounding up the "dissidents" (incidentally, these squads will probably be headed up by Deus Ex).

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Some things just need to be said.
As far as this site being monitored, oh yeah!
But I am just an average boob with an opinion, some use it would be to persue me because of my stance against the corporatocracy and those criminaliticians.

But I suppose they don't build big citizen 'campgrounds' for nothing, who knows, there could be a tent waiting for you?!

Actually, I would feel bad if they did not monitor ATS. I'd have to post elsewhere then.
It's worthy!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If I've ever second guessed anything I've ever posted on this board to some extent it would be because of what I have chosen as a future profession. However, in defense, I have to say I'd never let my professional nature and personal nature clash, in that they don't affect one another.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
how many 100's of thousands work for intelligence agencies in the usa. what do the americans think these people actually do all day.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Would you soften your anti-Bush or anti-Conservative stance if you knew that your words could come back to haunt you even years later? Would you be ready to be punished or even imprisoned for the opinions you hold -- and express -- today?

Freedom of speech=no compromise, power to the people
they'll have to build LOTS of new jails if they start to emprisoned everybody (there's not just ATS board) who deny the NWO bull#

think globaly, act localy
united we stand, divided we fall

Peace

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
YESSSS!!!!!! I'm interesting enough to be watched by the government. I sure hope they enjoy my words. Ive always thought I was being watched through my computer screen and TV set. This come as a surprise to anyone. We all know there are some nuts on this board. Some of you may be one of those nuts but take no offense, I'm just calling it like I see it. Of course a conspiracy site would be monitored. I remember a thread a while back where someone alleged this site of being government run. Which would be absolutely ingenious by the way if you think about it. Its not like they need to do anything illegal to view it, all you have to do is register......duhhhhh!!!
Its a PUBLIC forum.

[edit on 6/1/2006 by ludaChris]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
in a way im glad they're watching this site because then they will begin to realise just how many people are against them

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Isn't it obviousXXXXXXX. Of course I'll always speak my mind as long asXXXXXXXX. You can never be too paranoid. As for the government they can justXXXXXXXXXXXand i mean that in the nicest way.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It's not so much what you right - but where you go with it.

There's nothing wrong with having a stong opinion, whether it be for or against an a particular viewpoint or for or against a particular political party or issue.

The most dangerous people are the ones who are obessive and closeminded.

This forum is a wonderful place for people of all backgrounds to come together, share viewpoints and opinions, and share in personal experiences.

I've noticed simply through the course of the three weeks that I've been on that there has been a dramatic increase in people who just "throw their opinions out" and most of these opinions and viewpoints are decidedly hostile and with a strong negative slant.

If this forum is being montiored, it'a probably just to guage public opinion on various subject, how far reaching their subjects of interest are, the popular threads and subject matters.

In other words, I'm sure they aren't targeting individuals for open dissent - but more on the NATURE of their dissent, and how open they are to rebuttals without becoming hostile.

More often than not, the sign of a dangerously unbalanced person has more to do with how they react to things rather than what their opinions are on the subject.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Abovetopsecret.com isn't just being watched, it has been infiltrated and is being actively utilised by certain 'unknown parties' for various different purposes.

'You are making baseless claims, where is your proof? Where are your links?'

I stop short of saying anything along the lines of this site being run by 'the Government' because I just don't believe SkepticOverlord, or Springer, would knowingly go along with any thing like that. Simon Gray? Who knows, but I doubt it. The Moderator team has been infiltrated by at least 1, maybe 2 'covert operatives' of some degree, though, and I think that goes without saying. I could be wrong, but taking a look around this place convinces me otherwise every single time I come back here.

Would I soften my anti-establishment stance in light of any of this? Never. I'll fight you every step of the way, you Bastards.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by GALZU]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GALZU
I stop short of saying anything along the lines of this site being run by 'the Government' because I just don't believe SkepticOverlord, or Springer, would knowingly go along with any thing like that. Simon Gray? Who knows, but I doubt it. The Moderator team has been infiltrated by at least 1, maybe 2 'covert operatives' of some degree, though, and I think that goes without saying.

Great to see that a sharp soldier like yourself can see through the facade in their first day of membership here at ATS. How about helping the Major and the other slower members here with exactly who these operatives are? We sure would appreciate it, heck, it would make you a bonafide hero. The Major doesn't slap the old hero title on just anyone mind you, so you better be right.

Dismissed.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
The only thing I soften when online is my language. I couldn't care less what ANY gov't agency thinks. That being said, I'm a Canuck so it doesn't apply I guess.

Though I'm an american and of course feel entitled to act anyway I wish, I too only soften my language when on the board and only because I know it'll get edited or get me in trouble. Unlike my canadian brothers and sisters to the north who actually enjoy being polite...that's how they get you. Before you know it you're chugging molsen and dipping everything in maple syrup but I digress.

Honestly, does it really matter if the government is watching this site.

If those nameless G-men ever knocked on my door, I'd be so freaking shocked that I actually got something right, I probably wouldn't even see the needle coming and by then it's the sweet, sweet juice of the mind wipe...ah nothing like a mind wipe in the summer time is there folks?

As for infiltration, as much as I like poking the three amigos and other moderator types with a stick they're a pretty smart bunch and shenanigans of most sorts are kept to a minimum.

Still don't trust that Simon fella though, something about a guy with a frozen alien head in his freezer that's just well, it's just wierd is what it is. Sitting in the freezer amongst the fish sticks and ice cream.

Just creepy.

IMO of course and as always.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
How about helping the Major and the other slower members here with exactly who these operatives are? We sure would appreciate it, heck, it would make you a bonafide hero. The Major doesn't slap the old hero title on just anyone mind you, so you better be right.

Dismissed.

First off, I couldn't give a flying Rat Beetle what Title you 'slap' on me. Secondly, Major, read my post again, and perhaps don your reading spectacles this time around. I said 'every time I come back here'. I've been here before.

Dismissed.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GALZU
I said 'every time I come back here'. I've been here before.

So I take it tthat you are a previously banned member?

Dismissed indeed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join