It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To apply for US citizenship you must join the army

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus200
i have always thought it was a very stupid idea to allow forign nationals to join are military. that way they learn all our fighting methods and how our equipment works.

The French have used foreign nationals in their military to great effect. These are units made up entirely of foreigners and they are some (if not the best) of the best fighting men they have.

I havent heard of any higher levels of espionage in units like that. Most of the time spies turn out to be people you would least suspect and natural born citizens.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Originally posted by proteus200
i have always thought it was a very stupid idea to allow forign nationals to join are military. that way they learn all our fighting methods and how our equipment works.

The French have used foreign nationals in their military to great effect. These are units made up entirely of foreigners and they are some (if not the best) of the best fighting men they have.

I havent heard of any higher levels of espionage in units like that. Most of the time spies turn out to be people you would least suspect and natural born citizens.

And before the French, there were Romans. Auxiliary troops fighting before the main lines of the Roman legions. I remember they had a path to citizenship of some sort.

I really think this discussion just detracts from the right thing to do:

close the border for real, AND enforce the law against illegal hiring.

It's not that hard to do.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
But the military is just like any other employer... there is a finite amount of money to be paid as salary to the troops. If the payroll is at the maximum point, then if 50,000 come in, 50,000 (or so) need to go out.

Yeah, but that number varies, eh?

Seriously, tho, budgets change and if the military beomes overstaffed, then it's a simple matter to reduce the amount of intakes to our voluntary system.

This would work to our advantage, since we could select the best candidates.

I have been a long time advocate of having every citizen perform some type of civic duty when they reach the age of 18. It does not have to be military, it could be entirely domestic. The country would be better off, and the young people will hopefully gain a deeper consideration for their country.

As far as illegal immigrants, or legal immigrants, joining the military, I am in favor of allowing a faster track to citizenship if they help to defend our country.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
close the border for real, AND enforce the law against illegal hiring.

OR, open the border entirely, remove the immigration quotas, and just let everyone in, while deporting anyone that can't be bothered to register and pay taxes. Hell, deport the people that hire them too, now that'd be funny.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The vast majority of the illegal immigrants are from mexico. So is it a generalization.

But it is a generalization that all the posters here are white males. (the bad guys to everyone.) People here by crossing the border not legally are criminals period. If I can go to Mexico and get in state tuition for college and social services then I will shut up. But mexico does not play fairly. Until then I get human rights in mexico people should not here should not here. It is not very neighborly to take take take and not share. I want my NAFTA rights too!

I think a force like the french foriegn legion, would actually be a good idea to gain citizenship.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by DRAGON27

ive done my time in the NAVY. yes it does build character

Apparently not good character.

but the i have arent really useable ine the out side world

No kidding? Gosh, I couldn't tell.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by Nygdan]

you dont know me. dude this life you live is not a movie. so before your copy of Starship Trooppers melts get a new movie try Walk the Line

top topics

<< 1   >>

join