It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To apply for US citizenship you must join the army

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
i think if the mexicans or others south of the border want come to come and take our jobs. why cant we let them get shot at for a while? if we did that just in LA county that has 15% illegals(thats 500,000). we could trade our soldiers and bring them home to their families. before they lose a arm,legboth arms,both arms, or their life over this meaningless battle for Iqai freedom they dont want.......

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
yep, like your signature.

on your question, if they did this it would not go down to well with trying to integrate us all into this one world rubbish. they want americans to get used to accepting mexicans into there country, so they can create an all america state.
same things happens in europe, where they have conditioned people to accept foreigners, it takes a while but sooner or later ammericans will accept them to.

but i understand your point

[edit on 1-6-2006 by andy1033]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DRAGON27
i think if the mexicans or others south of the border want come to come and take our jobs. why cant we let them get shot at for a while?

So it's okay for them to take a soldier's job then?

This doesn't make any sense.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

i think if the mexicans or others south of the border want come to come and take our jobs. why cant we let them get shot at for a while?

So it's okay for them to take a soldier's job then?

This doesn't make any sense.

no he wants them all to join up into the army, so your army has alot more troops. therefore they can fight for there citizanship, like your forefathers did.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
so your army has alot more troops.

But the military is just like any other employer... there is a finite amount of money to be paid as salary to the troops. If the payroll is at the maximum point, then if 50,000 come in, 50,000 (or so) need to go out.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I had a Drill Sgt who was getting his citizenship in such a fashion. He was really a good guy and outstanding at what he did. At first most of us thought ignorantly of him, but after getting to know who he was, we learned to be more open minded.

I can honestly say the Army and this Country are better for having given him that opportunity.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by andy1033
so your army has alot more troops.

But the military is just like any other employer... there is a finite amount of money to be paid as salary to the troops. If the payroll is at the maximum point, then if 50,000 come in, 50,000 (or so) need to go out.

i know thers only a finite amount of dosh for the miliatry, i was just explaining his point.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   

i think if the mexicans or others south of the border want come to come and take our jobs. why cant we let them get shot at for a while? if we did that just in LA county that has 15% illegals(thats 500,000). we could trade our soldiers and bring them home to their families. before they lose a arm,legboth arms,both arms, or their life over this meaningless battle for Iqai freedom they dont want.......

Why only people south of the border, seems you are only targeting Latinos and Hispanics and are quite happy to use them as cannon fodder, or do you have a plan to send Black Americans back to the cotton fields aswell?

Ox

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Im so tired of reading such contempt towards Mexicans when it comes to illegal immigrants, Seriously.. Do you guys think that ALL illegals are Mexican? That's a little ignorant dont you think? I mean.. All this is being force fed to you by the media through GPB (Government Propaganda BS) The only thing I can suggest is.. get over it.. Its out of your hands

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
If you can't get illegals to document their existence in teh country, how can you possibly get them to join the army????

Citizenship is offered to aliens who go through military service, btw.

Also, I can't see how we can tell a person from another country that they have to Serve in order to be a citizen, why shouldn't the people born in the US also have to Serve to be a citizen?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
why shouldn't the people born in the US also have to Serve to be a citizen?

you cannot do that, youre country is supposed to be free, and if you are born there you should have the right to be a citizen straight away, like all other countries.

the geezer was just trying to give an option to the problem, but like i said before your government want all that, so you have no choice really. remember now we all got to be part of this new world order crap.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Good point Nygdan, alot of countries have mandatory service for their young people. It helps build character and teaches plenty of skills.

link

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
its not just the mexicans. im sorry i should have stated it better all illegals from every were.
there will be no take of a soldier's job, because they will be fighting for citizenship not pay. i know sounds unfair but they handle it GET OUT!!!
i have no contempt towards Mexicans when it comes to illegal immigrants except when they take jobs from US citizen i.e. landscapeing mexicans work $6.00 hr. hrd working high school grad $7.00 with a higher qualtiy of work
i dont know if you know this or not mexicans DONT PAY TAXES! they dont have to pay if they have 7 or more dependents back at home. they can get well fare too
whoes pocket dose that come from?
if they cant document their existence in the country we put them on a bus or flat bed and let them off at the border. at the border we build a small buss station were they get on the bus and go strait to boot camp. this includes airports for the want tobe cab drivers. if they caught jumping the border north or south in a wheel well of a plane its shoot on site.
ive done my time in the NAVY. yes it does build character but the i have arent really useable ine the out side world

[edit on 1-6-2006 by DRAGON27]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
has america ever had mandatory military service, except for the main wars, meaning in peace time.

i do not think in your society it would work, alot of your society is based on teens and rebellion. it would go against the grain of americans to do national service.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
americans wont be forced to serve just some that wants to be a citizen

Ox

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
How can an undocumented individual claim wellfare? Or are you just speaking from anger and frustration? Alot of illegals work, and work hard, Correct not all of them pay taxes, which is cheating the government out of millions of dollars a year.. Not like they need it.. well.. they do now with W in office.. Anyway.. Would you do a job for $5 or $6 an hour an try to support your family on? OR would you claim unemployment and recieve $360 and up a week?
Im sure you'd claim the unemployment.. These people are not stealing our Jobs, they are doing the jobs that the American people DONT WANT, because they dont pay enough.. Plain and simple... thats all there is too it..

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

there will be no take of a soldier's job, because they will be fighting for citizenship not pay.

And how is that supposed to work?

i know sounds unfair but they handle it GET OUT!!!

Why? Why should a person from another country have to serve in the military to become a citizen? Native citizens don't have to serve in the military at all. If the logic is that a person should serve the country to become a part of it, then what difference does it make if some free loader happened to be pushed out of there mother here instead of somewhere else?

i have no contempt towards Mexicans when it comes to illegal immigrants except when they take jobs from US citizen

What job did you apply for but got turned down in favour of an illegal?

i dont know if you know this or not mexicans DONT PAY TAXES! they dont have to pay if they have 7 or more dependents back at home.

Where are you getting this from???

if they cant document their existence in the country we put them on a bus or flat bed and let them off at the border.

You seem to be missing the point. If you're not documented, the government doesn't know about you. If a person can't be bothered to cross the border legally, why in the world do you think that they will go to a recuiting station after having done so???

at the border we build a small buss station were they get on the bus and go strait to boot camp.

And if they don't want to, what, we don't return them? Slavery?

this includes airports for the want tobe cab drivers.

You're going to get realllll far with your wonderful suggestions.

Try going into NYC and rounding up the illegal free loading irish immigrants, who can barely speak proper english, and putting them into the army.

ive done my time in the NAVY. yes it does build character

Apparently not good character.

but the i have arent really useable ine the out side world

No kidding? Gosh, I couldn't tell.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by Nygdan]

Ox

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Thank CHUCK NORRIS, that someone has enough good sense to post something in this thread worth while.. Seems Dragon27 misunderstood the concept of ATS's catch phrase

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
i have always thought it was a very stupid idea to allow forign nationals to join are military. that way they learn all our fighting methods and how our equipment works.what easier way for a enemy goverment to get accurate intel than to have there guys join are military. say a immigrant lets say his name is john comes and joins our navy and is assigned to uss ronald reagan as p;art of the engine room crew he could inform his cohorts of engine problems

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I think current U.S citizens of all varients should be administered military applications within a window of thier existence, and not just throwing 'illegals' into the mix.

Luxifero

top topics

<<   2 >>

join