Originally posted by Two Steps Forward
You're right. I stand corrected.
However, it makes no difference,.......
Very insightful. Hard logic to dispute there. However using your rationale no elected official in America would have ever garnered over 50% Majority
of the voting eligible population.
Personally, I think those that were not happy with Bush's first and second elections have tried to explain their loses in the most banal of ways.
1. Those that voted for Bush were idiots.
2. Bush stole the election. Bush rigged the election. There is no way Gore/Kerry should have lost.
3. He won but didn't get the majority of the votes, therefore he really lost.
3. The "profiteers' voted and kept him in office.
4. People that support or voted for Bush are not "normal".
5. People that voted for Bush are knee jerk conservatives who can't think for themselves.
I've heard more, but they will do as examples.
Very stereotypical in my book if you ask me. Make your opposition sound inferior and even if you lose ......it's not your fault.
Face facts, the Democratic Party Platform has not been a National winning ticket in recent years. What does the Democratic party stand for, not
against? I asked this question to dyed in the wool democrats in Nov. 2000 MULTIPLE times and got silent, blank stares. That speaks volumes. My
favorite question was "What would Kerry do when the next terrorist strike happens?" ....they couldn't answer me with any conviction.
Here's a hint, next election the Democrats won't be running against Bush. Select the candidate who will actually not only win the Democratic
primaries but also resonate nationwide with ALL voters. On top of that, go out and actually VOTE!
Of course in their minds they will still run against Bush rather than FOR themselves. It's hard for many to vote for people that ridicule and
disparage their opponents.
And yes, I did vote for Bush so you may discard my viewpoint, since that is not what you want to hear.
After all, it's not the....
The Argument Sketch