It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loose Change TAKEN DOWN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
loosechange911.com...

Good Bye Loose Change.

It has also been removed from Google video.

[edit on 28-5-2006 by aelphaeis_mangarae]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Why? The government took it out?? Or they decided by themselves?? Threats??

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Apparently copyrighted footage was used from "9/11 - The Filmmakers' Commemorative Edition" without permission.

Legal document here

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Coptright Infringement from the Naudet brothers

www.loosechange911.com...

oops

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Why? The government took it out?? Or they decided by themselves?? Threats??

Threats... yeah that's it... legal threats. It seems that they used copyrighted footage in their documentary.

Try clicking Happy Memorial Day From the Naudet Brothers link on their home page.

(Don't worry about clicking the link , there's no vicious virus hiding behind the link, just some inert html code and some .gif images of a cease and desist letter.)

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
And what the heck if it's for good reasons?? For the thruth?? For the thruth about people who get assassinated by Bush Co??

They should let them use it but they are too much money hungry....

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And what the heck if it's for good reasons?? For the thruth?? For the thruth about people who get assassinated by Bush Co??

They should let them use it but they are too much money hungry....

[sarcasm]Hey, if it's good for business, it's good for you![/sarcasm]

[edit on 28-5-2006 by Xenophobe]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
um...it's still all over google video...and won't be disappearing anytime soon.

video.google.com...

currently #8 on google's top 100.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Yeah, why are they worried about copyright infringment?

I thought this was about getting the truth out, not making money

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Who Would Have Thought Video Piracy Was Illegal?

If the allegations in the letter are true, then the producer of the Loose Change DVD copied and sold copyrighted video without permission.

That would be illegal, and not advisable, as the letter points out.

I'm not seeing any statements on the Loose Change site that the refute the claims made on behalf of Mr. Hanlon and the brothers Naudet.

I wonder why?

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'm just glad that I have a copy of it as is... I think it's pretty lame that they used other's work to enhance their own, though. The film wouldn't be the same without it.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
unbelievable!

Well, it's still online.:
click on happy memorial day
then click watch loose change for free here (far below)

video.google.com...

also check my 9/11 viedo collection
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Considering the Naudet brothers are considered to be on the CIA payroll this doesn´t come as a surprise, does it?

The Gall of these bast... They should be nailed to the wall ALL the way for this.

No human with some decency in them would ever take this course of action...

As for the lawyers, well. You´ve probaly heard this one before_

"What is 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the sea?"

"-A good start."

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
That's what happens when you break the law... They claim to be fighting for truth and justice, while making fame and fortune, yet break the law themselves?
How hypocritical

Luckily nothing important has been lost, anyone seeking the truth will find little in their little film...

At last someone spanked the little squirts... It's about time

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Breaking the law? Pleaz.

This should have been public domain as their segment has been shown all over the world for millions of times.

The Nadet Frères are full of it and themselves.

As far as the movie itself not showing anything relevant, well, I promised myself not to get engaged in silly evidence discussions any more.

No closure, no sense, no more.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Loose Change is a piece of garbage.

It's a line-up of points that are nonsensical, laughable, misleading, and in many cases complete lies. It's a shame that so many people seem to form an opinion based on this film, without bothering to look any further.

That's my opinion … the guys who made Loose Change are entitled to theirs.

However, these guys pirated material from a number of sources (not just Naudet Bros.). They were selling it as their own work, and profiting from it. It should say something about them, and it should say something about the 9-11 truth movement that holds these idiots in such high regard.

*~*~*~*~

[edit on 29-5-2006 by vor75]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by aelphaeis_mangarae

Loose Change TAKEN DOWN
It has also been removed from Google video.

Fibber!

video.google.com...

Originally posted by AgentSmith
That's what happens when you break the law... They claim to be fighting for truth and justice, while making fame and fortune, yet break the law themselves?
How hypocritical

Luckily nothing important has been lost, anyone seeking the truth will find little in their little film...

At last someone spanked the little squirts... It's about time

Do you even know what's going on? Who are you referring to, the Naudet brothers or Avery?

"Spanked the little squirts", Avery is a single guy, the brothers (plural) are the ones threatening litigation, and no one is "spanking" them.

They're the ones trying to do the "spanking".

"Fame and fortune", Avery's video is also free to watch on google video. No fortune there.

Maybe you should get the facts straight before calling people "hypocritical".

[edit on 5/29/06 by redmage]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage"Fame and fortune", Avery's video is also free to watch on google video. No fortune there. [edit on 5/29/06 by redmage]

From www.loosechange911.com:

"The profits from this DVD go straight back into the movement, and to support us in our endeavours.

We spend every minute of every day fighting for the truth, and we truly appreciate every single person who has bought a DVD, for they are responsible for putting us where we are today."

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Get with the program dude, there are three key people involved in the 'Loose Change' money making disinformation op, check out their own website:

Louder Than Words was formed in the aftermath of the release of Loose Change, and consists of:

Korey Rowe / Dylan Avery / Jason Bermas

No money or wish for fame involved, honest!

I had a half hour conversation with James Gandolfini at the opening party. To make a long, drawn out conversation short, James told me, "If you want to be a successful director, you have to have something to say to the world."

It was that month that I began writing "Loose Change," a fictional story about my friends and I discovering that September 11th was not a terrorist attack, but rather, an attack by their own government.

[....]

In April 2005, after a financial boost from Phil Jayhan of Letsroll911.org, a 1,000 DVD pressing of the original Loose Change was released on the internet, mostly on a whim.

Approximately 200 pre-orders, from the course of the past two months, were hand-addressed and packaged by my girlfriend Jessica and I. Orders started to come in at anywhere from 1 to 5 a day, something which at the time was alarming in its own right.

Eventually, word spread, and the movie started collecting a grassroots fanbase. Whenever he wasn't waiting tables at Red Lobster, me and Jessica were in the living room, addressing and stuffing envelopes, one by one. The people at the post office became curious as Jess and I put stamps on hundreds of individual orders at once, creating an assembly line inside the Post Office.

Credit to Dylan Avery for this marvellous piece...

I especially like Dylan's piece above.. Do you want to know why? Because even now with the new movies coming out like 'United 93' and 'World Trade Centre' a lot of people are criticising how early it is for them and how wrong it is to be making money from something like this... Yet it seems Dylan was well on his way there several years ago? Of course we have to thank him for substituting his film for this marvellour web of lies we all enjoy which has filled his pockets and given him a busy personal schedule. I sure I can speak for him when I say a big thank you to everyone that has helped promote this and bought a copy.

Perhaps you should follow your own advice?
Loose Change is little more than a money/fame making operation, they even admit themselves that they were originally making a work of fiction but allegedly found so many discrepancies that they decided to make this piece of rubbish. I expect they did find discrepancies, some things are pretty hard for such infantile minds to understand or handle.
It's incredible to me that so many people that consider themselves to be free thinking, open minded and resistant to group hysteria are so easily swindled by this.... Absolutely amazing really...
You realise that a huge number of people are putting their future in the hands of these gormless diper wearing morons right?
Still, not much different than putting all your faith into the Bush administration eh? This is where I'm glad I'm not American and I get to laugh at the antics across the water, while you drive yourselves into civil unrest and war, all for the wrong reasons and so a few people can take hold of a negative situation and make enough money from it so they can scarper abroad and retire early while you lot are clawing each others eyes out
Nice work...

[edit on 29-5-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well I suppose that you should contact Paramount, and other hollywood production companies, immediately to inform them that the real way to make a "fortune" on Mission Impossible 3, and other films, is to just give them away for free on google video.

"Fame"; sure, they got some moderate notoriety for the film, but I think you need to re-evaluate your definition of "fortune".

None of this changes the fact that both the title, "Loose Change TAKEN DOWN", and the addition of the statement, "It has also been removed from Google video." are in blatant violation of the "false and misleading" clauses of the T&Cs.

Nice moderation there A.S. :shk:

[edit on 5/30/06 by redmage]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join