It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sciptures

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
ok guys i would like to start a little fun game, and see how far in the bible we can get. I will put a scripture number down down and someone has to find the scripture and then post it along with another scrpture in the bible, and then the next and the next. Put scriptures that mean something to you; you never know who is reading and your scripture might help them. God Bless

Here is the first one to start it out. Proverbs 15:15

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Proverbs 15:15: All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.

John 3:16

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Proverbs 16:8-10(KJV):

Come on and join in my Christain Brothers

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
8: Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues without right.
9: A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.
10: A divine sentence is in the lips of the king: his mouth transgresseth not in judgment.

Psalms 8:1-2

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
(To the chief Musician upon Gittith, A Psalm of David.) O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens. Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
(Psalms 8:1-2)

Matthew 11:25

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Matthew 7:8

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrknighttime32

Matthew 7:8

For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Psalm 1:1-6

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
"Blessed is the man who
Walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful [mockers];
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
He shall be like a tree
planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper
Psalm 1:1-6

Matthew 24:32-33, 42

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Now learn a parable of the fig tree;
When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
(Matthew 24:32-33)

Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
(Matthew 24:42)

Revelations 3:3

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Rev. 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

1 Thessalonians 5:22

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Abstain from all appearance of evil.
(1 Thessalonians 5:22)

Romans 14:11-23

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
11: For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12: So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
13: Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
14: I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
15: But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
16: Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
17: For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
18: For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
19: Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
20: For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
21: It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
22: Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
23: And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

1 Peter 2:1-3

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, all evil speakings, As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

Luke 18:16-17

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Luke 18:16-17

16But Jesus called for them, saying, "Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

17"Truly I say to you, (A)whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all."

John 1:1-5

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him;
and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
(John 1:1-5)

Luke 1:68-80

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
68: Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
69: And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;
70: As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:
71: That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
72: To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
73: The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,
74: That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,
75: In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.
76: And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;
77: To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,
78: Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,
79: To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
80: And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel.

Matthew 18:11-14

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
11 "For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. 12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? 13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. 14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish."
Matthew 18:11-14

John 10:27-30

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
And I give unto them eternal life;
and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all;
and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
I and my Father are one.
(John 10:27-30)

1Corinthians 15:21-28

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

1 Samuel 2:3

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.
(1 Samuel 2:3)

1Samuel 3:19 and 21

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join