It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anime : too weird lol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Something I found whilst browsing called "Daa! Daa! Daa!", look at this and try to make sense Click are the Japanese on drugs? Just thought I'd share the strangeness. "Here's a machine that will make you look more lady like" "you stupid pervert!" The cat drank too much tea and needed "to use the restroom" and the octopus likes sitting on peoples heads Whaa
it makes me laugh.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by Xeros]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Now we know why the Japanese kids do so well in school. The cartoons are tragic. They would rather do homework, than have to watch them.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
You guys should really open your minds to anime - there is some really great stuff out there! It's not all Dragonball Z and Pokémon - there's some mature, thought-provoking stuff being produced.

Cowboy Bebop, Vampire Hunter D, Noir, Ninja Scroll, Princess Mononoko, Akira, Ghost In The Shell... I recommend all of them.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Anime has the good and the bad, the bad is typically what makes it on mainstream tv. Like the above poster the good is usually made for mature audiences and I think a lot of them are soooo much better than the garbage hollywood spews out.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Would someone kindly suggest/recommend where one would go to see the good stuff please?
I am curious but don't know where to start with Anime ... and I live in Japan! lol
well as of very recently

I'd appreciate it, thanks

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I love me some old school Bebop!

an wicked city!! GRRRR BABAH GRRRR

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Don't Forget Haibane Renmei!

Definitely not recommended for the Dragonball Z or mecha crowd, or -- ironically enough -- those into "cute" (kawaii) anime either.

It is also devoid of sex and violence, although it has some mild profanity, brief nudity, simulated crow abuse and some blood spattering in a few places.

But it's my favorite show of all time and deals allegorically with subjects like death and the meaning of life, so I feel I should at least mention it.

And it does actually make sense, though after 52 complete viewings, I'm still finding new meanings buried within its 13 episodes.

Phear meh uber haibane!

Link: Google search for "haibane renmei"

[edit on 5/29/2006 by Majic]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Don't Forget Haibane Renmei!

You're completely correct - how could I have forgotten that one, majic! That's a definate front-runner for one of the best anime of all-time.

ImJaded, If you're in Japan, you can't turn around without hitting anime. It's all over TV and there are specialty shops in most major cities. I can't tell you specifically, because in your "location" you have the Japanese word for "super-fan" - so I can't help.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Japanese cartoons eh! Talk about mind control. Ive heard those cartoons can set off seizures in American kids.

top topics

join