It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PS3 Pre-owned Games Banned!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I actually told the owners of a local small game store here in town about this (they buy and sell used games, everything from Atari to PS2/Xbox/GC), and they said that it won't happen, or else someone would find a way around it.

Although it does steams my clams that if they do it though. I guess I won't be buying any next-generation game console.:shk:

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
There will still be some sheep out there who will buy this whether or not it has this technology. The question is this - will there be enough to keep the PS3 afloat? I doubt the hardcore gamers will like this one bit.

I really don't give a @#$@#$ about better graphics. You can't sell me unless the game is fun and has good replay value. Graphics are just an extra spice in the stew. If you play the game through once then get board, or can barely play the game at all, or the game isn't fun, then what the hell's the point of good graphics.

No thanks Sony. I'm gonna keep my PS2. I like renting games every once and awhile.

Also - guess who buys a lot of games, Sony? RENTAL CHAINS! Those disks don't last forever at rental places and need to be replaced. I don't think they ever thought of that when they came up with this hairbrained scheme.

ALSO: I've heard Sony is having lots of problems developing the PS3 (heard a quote that someone could know which room a development unit was in because that is where they would hear shouts and swearing coming from!)

[edit on 3-6-2006 by Toxic Fox]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
as stated a few posts back, this is complete BS. there is absolutely no way in hell that a company like sony would do something this screwy - they've made bad business decisions, sure, but nothing like this.

and all you people whining about price - when it all comes down to it, you're paying about the same amount for the $600 system as you are for the 360 with a comparable setup (hard drive, etc.)

so many haters...

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
25cents has got the best idea of what Sony is doing in this situation.

Sony is a lot smarter than to make a stupid move like that, knowing they will lose millions of dollars with it.

Another thing... Sony liscenses the discs, but are the discs really the property of Sony? -_-;

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
"as stated a few posts back, this is complete BS. there is absolutely no way in hell that a company like sony would do something this screwy - they've made bad business decisions, sure, but nothing like this."

How about putting spyware in your music CD's and other types of digital media you install to your computer. They violated privacy laws when they did this and got sued. It was an illegal act to not let the user know about the software they installed on your computer.

I would say that was even worse then the proposed ban on pre owned games in retail outlets.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Now maybe im being stupid here but if your PS3 isnt connected to the net then nothing will happen adn the PS3 doesnt have a writable blu-ray drive.
More PS3 haters. And the price isnt really that much, I worked out in another thread thta if the PS3 was sold by microsoft it would cost £475 wihtout a blu ray drive, think im crazy check out this-www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
actually this isnt that unheard of .. For instance, FFXI. I played the game for 6 months on PC, then decided to quit and recently wanted to reinstall and play again. I pop in my disc and it tells me my cd key is invalid. Come to find out after calling the tech line, I have to go purchase the game again, because the game is only good for one install. What kind of Bullsh*t is that. seriously.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join