It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presence of Jesus in Your Life Linked to 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I just received this link in an e-mail, and the short it led to bothered me on several levels.

First, I consider it an inappropriate use of the 9/11 tragedy.

Second, it seems to be saying "you could be next."

Third, I think the tone is meant to be spiritually uplifting, but I find it morbid.

I could go on, but I think I will just post the link and see if other members have comments they would like to share.

sacred heart

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm Catholic and I love God, but that was too weird.
Who's the Rastafarrian with the burning heart? A Jesus wannabe?
Didn't watch long enough to figure that out.....weird.....and morbid like you said.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Icarus, I agree with you. It was morbid.

Zero, I was wondering whot the rasta was as well.

Did either of you listen to the sound they palyed in the background. It kinda sounded like a modified version of "Silent Night."

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
after watching it, it seems that they are using the 9/11 tragedy to try and convert more people to Christianity. Thats all i got out of it.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Well, the government uses 9/11 to control people and quite effectively, I might add. Now, the government's partner (religion) is using it, too.

That's just about the sickest thing I've seen in a long time. That's worse than some PETA stunts!

And, yeah, it was Silent Night in the background.

The rasta guy is supposed to be an internationally-accepted depiction of Jesus, I suppose. It's probably not far from what he looked like. The hair products of the day being what they were...

The video is sickening!

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Dude, whats with the hairdo? i swear i can see something moving in it...

I have to agree with everyone here: this is really inappropriate, even morbid - especially after the recent release of those incredibly touching 911/WTC calls, that opened up some wounds again in a lot of people... Pretty sick to use this for religious recruiting, imo

mr jones

edit for spellling

[edit on 24-5-2006 by mister Jones]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
that was incredibly inapporpriate.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I had read a printed version of this before, quite a while ago. The catholic flair with the sacred heart on the man bothered me, but that's because I have a problem with the catholic interpretaion of how salvation is received.

I'm going to be the first to go the other way and say that whoever wrote the words and the intent behind the words knew what they were talking about. In trajedies when we are brought to the end of ourself and there is nothing we can do to change our situation some finally come to Jesus, others still refuse and will be without excuse for doing so.

Someone mentioned something about the "you could be next thing". If you took it as you could be next for a terrorist attack,that is possible, but the deeper meaning the writer wanted to convey is that 1 out of every 1 persons is going to die. When you die without Christ that will last for eternity.

The edit is I just paid attention to what you titled this thread. And the title seems a little bit misleading as to what the intent the writer of the story meant to convey.

[edit on 25-5-2006 by dbrandt]

new topics

top topics

join