It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Challenge for Non-USA Members Only

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
It’s again time that I get on my little soapbox. Luckily, this time it isn’t to moan or complain. I’ll do my best to keep it short. Sorry for the gray hair Mods and co. – you know who you are.

[Non USA-Members - Eyes Only]
Let’s get to the point. ATS is a great place. Who do we have to thank? The 3 Amigos? Not exactly. They provided (and still do) an excellent opportunity for us all to come together, and… well, conspire, but ATS would not have been ATS if it weren’t for the vast amount of brilliant minds contributing to the board. Isn’t it amazing – the collection of ideas from all over the planet? But mostly from Americans.
Fact: the most activity is from American members (and visitors). Why? Because most of ATS covers American conspiracies.

This is not an Anti-American campaign at all. It’s a pro-world campaign. The Americans are lovely people. Some of my best friends live there. (Before the flaming starts!)

It can be argued that most conspiracies take place in the USA. But is that really true? Is it maybe true that Americans are the most paranoid people? That I don’t know. What I do know is that there are all kinds of conspiracies all over the planet in all walks of life. From Zimbabwe to Japan to New Zeeland to the Comoros. Governments keep secrets, creatures elude, agencies hide and terrorists plot.

Here at ATS we probably have the best collection of all US conspiracies. From 9/11, Bigfoot, JFK, Area 51, John Lennon… You know the lot. We also have a proper (though not so vast) collection of European contributions, BUT only a handful of “other” contributions.

So what else can be said about the Patterson video? Every single frame has been examined by thousands of people – including experts – and every single detail dissected. Will an ATS member see something someone else didn’t, or come up with an explanation someone else didn’t think off? Sure, the chance is good. I’ve heard some refreshingly new ideas here, that made me go “Wow!”. But for most of us, there isn’t much we could add. Everything has been said.

Some of the older members (2 years plus?) have said this on several occasions: This topic has been said, done or highlighted in the past. It’s old news. Everything has been done. At least twice. The older members are bored because they see the same ideas, and posts repeated day in and day out.
I understand, another thread on “This UFO in the 9/11 video” would be for the benefit of new members, and that’s fine by me. For the rest of the members who’ve seen everything and said everything (to be clear – I’m excluded here) they’re basically just browsing the threads hoping for some new and fresh ideas or to correct newer members on the facts.

The other day I did an article for Tinwiki about a South African mythical creature, and after I finished it, I Googled for some references to give my article some outsider validity. I couldn’t find a single substantial article to use as reference, and I was shocked to find the lack of South African "conspiracy info" on the web.
Yesterday I was surprised to see one of my ancient threads with some South African politics in the content, alive again. And it made me glad to see that there is actually other tinfoil wearing nuts in South Africa.
I’ve seen some fun, new threads – especially in Crypto and mythology from other countries. Who would have imagined that there was a “Loch Ness monster” outside of Scotland?

Last night I was listening to SO’s podcast, and I was intrigued with his (their) “future plans and vision” for ATS. In my words: To make ATS the household name when it comes to conspiracies and “alternative topics”. But why stop in the USA? Google is a worldwide household name when it comes to searching anything on the web. Why not ATS, the Worldwide synonym for conspiracies? (Let’s face it. The 3 Amigos' “real plan” is to take over the world – but that’s another story. Queue an “ATS is run by the Government” thread.)

So what am I saying? Attention all non-American citizens of ATS! Today, as soon as you’ve given your thoughts on the G.W. Bush administration, corrected a Yankee on the origin of the Pentagon flight and shared your opinion on the Native American use of drugs by Shaman (Shamen?)… Create a thread about that conspiracy in YOUR country. Tell the rest of ATS (and even your fellow country citizens) about how you think your government is using blood diamonds to buy oil, and that your government is really the headquarters of the Illuminati. Don’t forget to share that blurry picture your grandfather took years ago, of the mythical beast that lives in the forest and feeds of human earwax.
I, for one, would love to see some conspiracies from countries I’ve never heard of, especially if online local newspaper articles can back claims. I love to see Aussies have go at each other (if only to get them back for making us loose at cricket…
)
And the best part is, you can use the “You don’t live here, you don’t know nothing!”-line. So, what’s YOUR government hiding?

[/non-USA Members - Eyes Only]

[USA Members]
Dear fellow ATS member that lives in the USA. Thank you for sharing your conspiracies with the rest of the world. We love to read about it. We love to talk about it – even if we don’t have the slightest idea, and even though it doesn’t concern us. It still makes pleasurable reading material, and makes dinner conversations so much more than just weather chat.

[/USA Members]

(Warning – Post may include some sarcasm, irony and mockery. This is not an attack on any nation in the world.)

Edit: Format

[edit on 23-5-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
yet another great thread , gemwolf -- and another WATS vote is yours

i like to think i am a munkie with a paw on the pulse the world .

infact , i started a thread -- and posted an ATSNN articile detailing the allegateions of sabotage at the : Koeberg power facility and the conspiracy fodder of the capetown black outs and possibility that events were engineered or manipulated to influence elections .

i thought it should light a fire under ATS , BUT GUESS WHAT - no votes , no replies -- and very few people even looked at it --- go figure

now the threads seem to have vanished too

i guess you can lead a horse to water -- but not make it drink

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I'd love to raise awareness of some of the covert activities being undertaken by our Govt in the UK....... but I'm afraid our politicians are far too incompetent to hide anything, even their mistresses...

Although maybe there is a mystery there: how could Prescott attract one woman, let alone 2?

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Great idea, bulldog.

You have voted Gemwolf for the Way Above Top Secret award.

I hope I don't confuse the issue by adding the following: many of the conspiracies discussed on ATS should be global in reach. Alien abductions and the New World Order are just two examples I can name off the top of my head. Yet all (or the overwhelming majority) of evidence cited for them and discussed on ATS comes from the USA. It's a crying shame, I tell you. Where are all the Albanian abductees and anally probed Azerbaijanis? Where's the gorgeous Seychelloise coming on line with news of a fleet of cocos-de-mers carrying eye-in-a-pyramid symbols on their labia, beaching themselves by the thousands on the windward shore of her native cove?

I can't wait.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
but I'm afraid our politicians are far too incompetent to hide anything, even their mistresses...

Borne of nationalistic pride, I must speak up and defend(?) our politicians. American politicians have no peers in the incompetence arena. They are head and shoulders above anyone when it comes to bungling, stumbling, and mumbling.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'd love to see some other country get picked on besides mine. Come on you Brits invented political conspiricies for cripes sakes!

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
You Brits invented political conspiricies for cripes sakes!

Are you referring to Guy Fawkes, or suggesting there was something dodgy about King John's surfeit of lampreys?

I seem to remember a conspiracy featuring some fellers named Brutus, Cassius and Casca that antedated both of those...

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Out of english speakers... americans make up most of the internet.

So as long as ATS's is based on english...you'll get mostly americans. And if the conspiracy doesn't relate to, interest, or effect a lot of people, you won't get a lot of responces.

Just the nature of the beast.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Canada doesn't really have conspiracies or shadowy government. Those that exist are already out there and known. Or perhaps that means we just have a huge amount of secrets, but we keep them very hidden and are actually worse than America. DUN DUN DUN. Nobody has time for conspiracies in Canada, we're all busy being happy and having picnics and holding hands singing. The closest thing we have to a JFK conspiracy is someone attempting to throw a pie at one of our former Prime Ministers. Sure there are a couple of areas reputed to be bigfoot and a sea monster, but they probably just caught a glimpse of your mom swimming.

Everywhere has ghost sightings and that sort of thing, but most countries don't get ridiculously into the idea of all their leaders being crazy Satanists vying for world domination, etc. In general, the rest of the world just tends to not be as paranoid and living in fear as the US is, for better or for worse.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I think the majority of the posts here are targeted at the US because of two reasons...

A.) The majority of our members are Americans, so they'll talk about the things that effect them the most - which are, more often than not, in America.
2.) Most everybody outside the US hates us because we're the best (but that is another topic, so don't take it and run with it in this thread
)

Anyway, I think it would be great to hear conspiracies from smaller countries.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Great thread Gemwolf, but I’m afraid your going to have a tough time convincing some people that there are other things worth discussing besides what the US does, I know I do. But lets face it, us American members have it tough; since our country is discussed often on here we’re scrutinized and played up more than most.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
Anyway, I think it would be great to hear conspiracies from smaller countries.

Where I come from, they're exactly the same as yours, to be honest, minus a few Assassinations, of course. I think the huge size of America, and the high profile conspiracy events that have taken place there over the years, coupled with Hollywood and it's media, has created more of a conspiracy culture in it's people than anywhere else on Earth.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well done! ATS is "the community hooked up" and it's not yet even "cleared the tower" a bright full-spectrum phat-pipe future might include folks from ALL the 190 or so nations. Imagine having a "go to guy or gal" on the scene that you could count on... pole to pole coverage, sort of a subnet devoted to truth and situational awareness. Powerful stuff - synthesis of insight - community under the hood - the "AI" enhancement of the masses. Great thread!

Victor K.

[edit on 24-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
As has been said before, would americans want to read about the fact that in the UK currently there is a National Assmebly for every kingdom apart from ENGLAND....the only assembly in England is the UK parliament and that has Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish members.....deciding what happens in England??...no fair.....

or have i just stumbled on a conspiracy to nullify the power base of the UK??

anyway, the reason our conspiracies are not discussed is because i would spend hours going through all the details and only get one reply and two views....and that reply would be from my mum....telling me to visit her more.....

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
I seem to remember a conspiracy featuring some fellers named Brutus, Cassius and Casca that antedated both of those...

I stand corrected. Please allow me to correct my previous statement.

You Brits invented modern political conspiracies for cripes sake!

What about that guy's lampreys?

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The only conspiracy in Canada that I am really interested in, is the Avro Arrow.
This one led to the brain drain to the US, enabling both NASA and the weapons manufacturers to benefit from our engineers.

iwarrior.uwaterloo.ca...

www.kaap.purpleglen.com...

But this has already been discussed here.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
What about that guy's lampreys?

King John (reg. 1199-1216) is traditionally said to have died of a surfeit of lampreys, shortly after having lost his crown jewels in the Wash (no, really). However, certain sources claim it was a surfeit of peaches not lampreys, while others insist it was a poisoned plum. Disinformation was rife, you see, even in the thirteenth century.

top topics

join