It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Global Gun Ban Conference July 4th, 2006

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
FNF

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
What is a 'troll'?

I was just being sarcastic.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FNF
What is a 'troll'?

I was just being sarcastic.

LOL keep it up, you have talent!

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'm not a gun fan, but if a man wants to own a gun, and is responsible with it, then he should be able to have one if he wants. Let's say some lunatic is shooting up a school and killing kids. Stopping this guy by shooting him might be a potential solution, that saves the lives of many children. The guy or girl with the gun, that stops this lunatic, could be the hero in this situation. Maybe you could reason with this lunatic somehow, and get him to stop, but there may not be time to reason with him.

My conspiracy side is doing some thinking. It's like, here we are again, with a potential freedom being taken away. Now, it was speaking of "Illegal" guns in this gun plan, but do we trust that this will be as far as it goes? The question is, will this lead to eventual disarming of every common citizen, even the responsible citizen who wants a firearm for legitimate reasons?

Things seemingly point to the eventual stripping of our rights, and if so, it is being done in a way that "makes some feel comfortable" during the process, because it was "for the good of...," or for "security reasons," etc. If we reach the point where we "are" stripped of our rights as citizens, there will be those folks saying, "I told you so."

Troy

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
My conspiracy side is doing some thinking. It's like, here we are again, with a potential freedom being taken away. Now, it was speaking of "Illegal" guns in this gun plan, but do we trust that this will be as far as it goes? The question is, will this lead to eventual disarming of every common citizen, even the responsible citizen who wants a firearm for legitimate reasons?

Troy

Thats my point, things like the Brady Bill, which thank god hasnt been reenacted for another decade. The last line in the second ammendment "shall not be infringed" is what stands out to me the most in the writing. While I am one who personally believes the constitution should be taken word for word, but people can play semantics with the constitution all day long.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
These times we live in brings a whirlwind of emotions and confustion. Amazing technologies being developed, great and wonderful, but on the "dark" side of the coin we are facing the possibility of losing our freedom.

Disneyland might be more exciting, but are we going to be able to enjoy it behind the "bars" that are being erected around us?

Troy

[edit on 25-5-2006 by cybertroy]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I encourage this sort of things. Gun control is such a HUGE looser in the US, that even the most lefty dems have long since stopped talking about it. Whenever they do, it only serves to get Republicans elected and increase the NRA’s membership.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by El Tiante
I encourage this sort of things. Gun control is such a HUGE looser in the US, that even the most lefty dems have long since stopped talking about it. Whenever they do, it only serves to get Republicans elected and increase the NRA’s membership.

I too have noticed this. But I do not believe that democrats who realize that gun control will only loose votes would stick to it if elected. Hillary Clinton is one I do not trust with the second ammendment. Shes done a great job painting this moderate picture of herself in the public but I dont believe it for a second, shes doing it for the votes. I think she would, if elected in 08, push for more gun control in the US. If you look at her record on this and things she has said about it she uses the guise of protecting children
to urge about tougher gun control laws. But out of the 1400 fatal firearm accidents in 1995 only 181 were of children under 14. This could be solved better through the parents or guardians themselves taking initiative and teaching their children to stay away from the guns or teach them to handle it safely with adult supervision of course.

Facts on Gun Control
Hillary Clinton on Gun Control

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
I suppose y'all think this is only the UN's fault?

You don't think the cops and military were low on guns when they confiscated them in New Orleans, huh? It's no coincidence. Our govt and the UN are in cahoots on so many things, but this one is truly disturbing.

Know who will have guns if a global gun ban passed? Military, cops, and criminals...

WRONG!!!!...

Actually it was with the consent of the mayor of New Orleans that weapons were being confiscated, then the NRA filed a suit on behalf of the people in NO, and the courts agreed with the NRA.....

Get your facts straight before you start making up stories please.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
WRONG!!!!...

Actually it was with the consent of the mayor of New Orleans that weapons were being confiscated, then the NRA filed a suit on behalf of the people in NO, and the courts agreed with the NRA.....

Get your facts straight before you start making up stories please.

The mayor of New Orleans also believed that he could declare martial law. The mayor of New Orleans also threatened all of us who stayed behind to use bazookas on us. The mayor of New Orleans was mentally unfit to perform the duties of mayor at that time, IMO.

I also would like to point out that during the election night, in C. Ray's campaign party, the FEMA New Orleans director was there supporting him all the way, saying Mitch was going to lose.

It goes higher up, and if you weren't here for this, then you wouldn't know it. Sorry, that's the way it works in New Orleans, always has, hopefully always will. If you're from Baton Rouge, LA, you are not considered the same "people." We keep our business to ourselves.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Oh and btw truthseeka...just a question... Who was the first president of the United States to say that the right to keep and bear arms as is indicated by the second amendment is a right which is given by the Constitution to civilians?....

Let me help you anwser that question, before you make up something else.

But in one of the great untold stories of our time, George W. Bush is turning back that assault.

In 2003, Bush's Justice Department reversed forty years of official policy -- through Republican and Democrat administrations alike -- claiming the Second Amendment protects only the National Guard. For the first time in almost half a century, your government officially defends your right to gun ownership before federal courts.

The President also signed a national Right-to-Carry law for law enforcement officers and an agreement with 17 major sportsmen's groups to improve hunting and fishing access to Federal lands.

And on October 31 last year, Bush signed the "Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act", ending the ridiculous, made-up "right" to sue honest gun manufacturers and retailers for the actions of violent thugs.

www.thevanguard.org...

So go figure you trying to blame the U.S. government for something that the U.N., and all those people who think the worlds problems can be solved with hugs and flowers alone, want to do...

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well, perhaps you should remember that the president extended help to the governor of Luisiana to get more help from the National Guard in NO and other places in Luisiana, and she said no...

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I imagine the U.S. gov would back this too... since it IS int heir NEO-Conservative Facist agenda... they will most likely use tanks in the large cities to fulfilil their ban.

Don't forget too people that San Francisco and New Orleans has already been banned of guns:

read more

But San Francisco police officers aren't exactly enthusiastic about Prop H. For one thing, the measure is unclear on whether off-duty or retired police officers will be affected. And police are worried that they would have to arrest gun-owning violators in their own homes. Sounds like a recipe for dead cops.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
I imagine the U.S. gov would back this too... since it IS int heir NEO-Conservative Facist agenda... they will most likely use tanks in the large cities to fulfilil their ban.

I just gave a link which contradicts and proves your argument completly wrong and you keep making up facts?....

Originally posted by Techsnow
Don't forget too people that San Francisco and New Orleans has already been banned of guns:

Don't forget that it has been Democrats, and "peace activists" who have made possible for guns to be banned from mainly "liberal cities in the United States".....

Let me show you one of the groups who is behind the banning of weapons in places like New Orleans...

NEW ORLEANS LAWSUIT TO GO FORWARD AS STATE BAN RULED UNCONSTITUTIONAL
For Immediate Release:
02-29-2000 Contact Communications:
(202) 289-7319
Washington, DC - The Legal Action Project of the Center to Prevent Handgun Violence, which represents the City of New Orleans and 23 other cities and counties suing the gun industry, today applauded the ruling by a Louisiana state court which will allow New Orleans' suit to go forward.
New Orleans became the first city in the nation to sue the gun industry on October 31, 1998; a few months later the Louisiana state legislature changed the state's products liability statute and retroactively banned the city's lawsuit. Civil District Judge Lloyd Medley, Jr. ruled that "this court believes the retroactivity of this law is designed to eliminate this lawsuit for the immediate benefit of a certain class of private citizens, not the general public welfare. Thus, it is unconstitutional."

In October, 1999, a Georgia court also rejected the state legislature's attempt to retroactively ban a similar lawsuit filed by the City of Atlanta. 14 other states, including Texas and Arizona, have passed similar bans on lawsuits against the gun industry, with strong support from the NRA and other pro-gun groups. The New Orleans and Atlanta decisions establish a precedent that may warn off other state legislatures looking to extend special protection to gun manufacturers and retailers.

"The Louisiana decision has enormous implications for the future of gun industry reform," said Dennis Henigan, director of the Legal Action Project. "It was clear from the outset that no state legislature will get away with granting blanket special interest legal immunity to one of the most irresponsible and dangerous industries in America. Despite a state legislature that is owned and operated by the NRA, New Orleans will now have its well-deserved day in court."

www.bradycampaign.org...

Now let's see what "you call" the Neo-Conservative facist agenda" is doing...

NRA Tells Conservatives to 'Remember New Orleans'
By Jeff Johnson
CNSNews.com Senior Staff Writer
February 13, 2006

(CNSNews.com) - Larger than life images of law enforcement officers confiscating legally-possessed firearms from New Orleans residents, who were accused of no crimes, played on video screens at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Washington, D.C., on Saturday.

National Rifle Association Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre urged the audience to "Remember New Orleans!"

"We're gonna make New Orleans the worst nightmare the gun ban crowd has ever seen, I promise you that," LaPierre told listeners, many of them NRA members, in a packed banquet hall.

LaPierre listed numerous studies by both government and private researchers, including some who oppose gun ownership, that show no correlation between gun control laws and reductions in violent crime.

"No gun control law anywhere ever had, ever has or ever will have any effect on crime, period," LaPierre argued. "All of this information is readily available to any policy maker who chooses to live in reality. But, still, there's a steady supply of people who just don't get it."

Included on that list, LaPierre said, are New York City mayor and gun control supporter Michael Bloomberg; Mike Wallace from the CBS News program "60 Minutes," who emceed a fundraiser for the anti-gun Brady Center; and Rebecca Peters of the International Action Network on Small Arms, a George Soros-funded non-governmental organization at the United Nations working to enact international bans on private gun ownership and possession.

LaPierre featured video clips of anti-gun comments by the trio, including Peters' assertion that "American citizens should be prohi..., should, should, be like any other citizens of the world."

"If the U.N. gets its way, we'll be just like those poor souls down in New Orleans whose guns were confiscated by force. They were left with no 9-1-1, no police, no protection and no way to protect themselves," LaPierre said. "That's the United Nations' dream for America."

www.cnsnews.com...

And of course who is to forget that in 2003 president Bush declared that the right to keep and bear arms is, a right as explained by the Constitution, given to civilians.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
here in england we have guns.
I dont know many places you can not have guns.
when a crimanal knows he has a easy target,
he will be back.
the black market in guns is bad NOW.
just think what it will be like if thay ban guns.
! it will be easyer to get them !

top topics

<< 1   >>

join