It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dogs are dogon annoying!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
oh man i cant stand dogs. dont ya just love it when your at a park, or walking to your destination, when from out of nowhere the dog beast appears and all you hear is BARK BARK BARK WOOF WOOF WOOF jaws snapping inches away from your crotch untill the owner finally clicks in and tells the dog to shut up!?

thats just the start of why i truly dislike dogs. some parks today are like a giant dog crapper. every where you go, some dog poo by that lamp, theres even more dog poo by that fire hydrant. they should have invented somekind of special crapper for dogs by now! its the 21st century and we cant even teach our dogs to crap in one place!

oh and this one park in my city, fish creek park... its like a dog magnet ok... dont go there unless you like the smell of dog poo. in this one area of fish creek... i swear every single dog ower in the city is there every day of the week to walk their dog with hundreds of other dogs barking and crapping everywhere. small dogs big dogs fat dogs skinny dogs even wrinkly dogs run around like their playing tag at fish creek... i cant stand dogs.

what do you think about dogs?

[edit on 21-5-2006 by worksoftplayhard]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Love 'em. Noble, trustworthy and the love is unconditional. You would be hard pressed to find a person as pure as a pooch.

As far as the dog doo issue goes, dont blame the dog, blame its owner. Dogs want nothing more then to please man and if they had hands you can bet they would pick up after themselves.

I have a border collie and shes the best thing going.

[edit on 21-5-2006 by Census]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
yeah dogs r kew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
yeah dogs r kew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what if a dog beast came and dug holes all over your lawn and stuffed em with bones, then it crapped every where would dogs be cool then too?!

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
What if birds craped all over your '32 ford, what if your cat puked all over your pillow and whizzed on your counter, what if some stupid human kept calling you trying to sell you timeshares, what if mosquitose kept biting you whenever you went camping.....

Everything has its problems.

I perscribe you a Jack Russell LOL

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Don't be so harsh. You have just met ill mannered dogs.. and owners who cant look after them properly.

Can't you stand rescue dogs, hearing and seeing dogs either?....:shk:

Dogs rock and I couldnt live without mine.

[edit on 21/5/06 by crookedblue]

edited- twice...cause i cant type

[edit on 21/5/06 by crookedblue]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I don't know about there, but here the law states that if you are walking your dog in a public place you must clean up their droppings. If you are caught not doing so, it can be quite a hefty fine. So as was already said, don't blame the dogs, blame the owners.

Also if a dog out of nowhere comes in your yard and starts digging holes, it is the owners fault again for not keeping their dog properly restrained in their yard.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I love dogs!!, I have a lab called Rozzwell , and i love metting dogs at the park
One of my more drunkin moments i started chating to one , great fun

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I don't mind dogs so much, and most problems are the fault of the owners - but I'm sorry, I just don't want anything licking my face . . . immediately after it's licked its own toot-blossom or eaten a fresh pile of cat-poop in the back yard. I know, some say "dogs have 'cleaner' mouths than people" but If I just saw you lick your own butt, I wouldn't let you near me neither!

My BF has a weenie dog, and she's spoiled rotten, but she's not much trouble - but I'm really allergic to dogs - it's very annoying to sit on the couch and everywhere your skin touches the couch you break out in hives. I like to come home and relax in the recliner, but having to make sure your skin (especially on the face or near the eyes) doesn't touch any part of the upholstery isn't very relaxing at all.

I know, some people will say "well, your BF should keep her off the furniture" or "just get rid of the dog" - But I can't ask him to get rid of her, she's been around longer than I have - and keeping her off the couch isn't a problem when we're not home, but when we're home, my BF has her up in his lap and she crawls all over and around him, getting hair and dog spit EVERYWHERE! I can't ask him to just ignore her - and after she's been all over him, I can't put my head on his shoulder or hug him or even inhale near him, or my allergies will go off - it's rather annoying (and yes, I'm on allergy meds for dang near everything, even dogs, but they only keep me from swelling up to the point of choking on my own tongue, I still can't find anything to keep direct contact between me and dog hair/spit from making be break out and sneeze, or welt up around my eyes)

And WHY do they just HAVE to stick that wet, colder-than-ice nose on EVERY exposed part of your skin? I've tried going to the freezer and getting an ice cube and rubbing it on her when she does it so she'll know how it feels, but she just thinks I'm playing with her, rolls on her back and gives me that 'cute'-"I'm so adorable, don't you just wanna eat me up?"-look. I've told her before and I'll tell her again, "those puppy-dog-eyes don't work on Uncle Paul!" - You can smell me all you want, but must you touch me with that wet nose?

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by paulthefourth
My BF has a weenie dog, and she's spoiled rotten, but she's not much trouble - but I'm really allergic to dogs - it's very annoying to sit on the couch and everywhere your skin touches the couch you break out in hives. I like to come home and relax in the recliner, but having to make sure your skin (especially on the face or near the eyes) doesn't touch any part of the upholstery isn't very relaxing at all.

My boyfriend is also allergic to dogs. Which is why we have a pomapoo, they don't shed at all.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I have two dogs. A Jack Russell Terrier and a Collie mixed-breed. The Jack had waaaaaaay too much energy when he was the lone dog in the house, so we adopted the 2nd dog from the Humane Society and she has slowed him down alot.

The Jack is totally dedicated to my youngest son, accompanying him everywhere he goes in the house and outside. My son can carry him around on his back like a backpack with the dog's legs hanging over my son's shoulders and the dog doesn't even blink about being scared a bit. He loves it.

The 2nd dog evidently was beaten by her previous owner and was totally scared of us for the first couple of months that we had her. If I was sitting down and then stood up, she would run and hide and run for the doggy door in the back door and go outside. She also did not know how to play with another dog or with us. With socializing her with the Jack and us just messing with her and trying to get her to play, she is starting to come around to it. She now wrestles with the Jack and will wrestle with me or my son a little.

The only thing I haven't been able to break her of is the sound of opening a soda can. If I show the can to her first and then open it, she is fine with it. If I bring the soda with me in front of the computer and she doesn't see it, then I open it, she will run for the backdoor every time. Just something about that sound for her.

Anyway, I could live without my dogs, but they make life fun enough that I would miss them to a great extent if they were gone. I know my boy would be lost without his dog.

JDub

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard
what do you think about dogs?

What do you think?

Sounds like your city needs to enforce some dog laws. I HATE irresponsible dog owners! Don't hate the dog, hate the human. It's their fault!

Sorry for your bad encounters...

[edit on 23-5-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This is my dog's last week on Earth.

I love my dog very much. I am fortunate enough to not have allergies to her and I have a large back yard so her waste stays on my property. I pick it up and add it to the compost pile before I mow the lawn.

My dog is a Basset Hound. Her name is Sandy, but I've always called her Pooch and she answers to it.

I am moving a week from now and going to a place where I can't take her. I began trying many months ago to find her a good home and finally she was accepted to the Eden Project and became a therapy dog. She lived in an Alzheimers Unit where she improved the quality of life for people who don't have long. Unfortunately I found out that my dog has heart worms and isn't able to withstand treatment for them. Beside that, the dog began mourning about 3 weeks ago and quit eating. She won't eat unless she is with me, and now she is sick besides.

She came back home from the Alzheimers unit this evening to spend her last week with me.

Just before I move I must have her euthanised. We have been together so long that I don't see her as just a dog. I see her as I do anyone else, just a soul on this planet trying to make her way. I see her as my best friend. She knows when I am sick even before I know it. Like most dogs, she has never been guilty of any of the lapses to which humans fall from time to time. She has been loyal and loving, the only one who has never let me down.

Her passing will put a vacancy in my life, just as the passing of any family member does.
I love my dog.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
This is my dog's last week on Earth.

I am so sorry to hear that! My condolences, I wish you the best in this last week with her.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Thanks snowflake_obsidian.

I have only two days left with her now.

This isn't the best picture of her but it's the only one I haven't already packed up - you get the idea.

edit trying to get the picture to display correctly
[edit on 5/25/06 by wellwhatnow]

[edit on 5/25/06 by wellwhatnow]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Sorry to hijack your rant worksoftplayhard.

It occured to me that I probably killed it and that wasn't my intent.

It's okay to rant about dogs, not everyone has had the experience I am having.

top topics

join