It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intruder shot to death at Michigan's Selfridge Air Force Base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Selfridge Air Force Base in Michigan, outside of Detroit, was the scene of an intruder alert. According to the Detroit Free Press article,, an intruder rammed his car through the fence at Selfridge Air Force Base on Wednesday, May 17th, 2006. The Intruder was shot to death by guards at the AFB when he refused to stop.

What makes this story interesting is that this is the second intruder incident in recent weeks. Could this be a concerted effort to attack military bases in the U.S. ?

I am interested whether there have been similar incidents at U.S. military bases.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Just a few observations. This is not an article from the Detroit Free Press and Selfridge is not really outside of Detroit.
yahoo maps
And, I don't see this as part of the WOT. At least not at this time.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Ive been past there recently as I am a part time produce driver and have two stops close to there. Ive seen increased security activity more recently. Maybe they have had threats prior. I wouldnt be surprised if it isnt on some nuts target list. They have some interesting assets there. And sure its a bit North but still near D town.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
First off, it doesn't have a single word about him being killed.

HARRISON TWP.- Macomb County Sheriff officials said a man was shot Wednesday evening after running his vehicle through the main gate at Selfridge Air National Guard Base....security guards fired shots at the man after he rammed his vehicle through the gate about 8 p.m. and ignored orders to stop. The driver led security patrols on a high-speed chase around the base before slamming into a parked car and being run off the road, Carroll said. He was taken to Mount Clemens General Hospital with unspecified injuries
It's the second such incident at Selfridge in recent weeks.

That says he is being treated, which implies he survived, and thus wasn't killed.
The article also states that it is the second incident, so yes there have been "similar incidents" at bases.

If it is any sort of effort, it is a very weak attempt. I know boyscouts who could have got in easier and probably with out the trouble. Heck even girl scouts.

However, being that it is not an isolated occurance, I'll be looking forward to the follow up report by the FBI and State authories.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
First off, it doesn't have a single word about him being killed.
[edit on 19-5-2006 by ADVISOR]

Well I have been trying to find some additional info on this particular news story. However, I happened to be listening to the radio....WWJ 760 am (the voice of the Great Lakes) ... and it was reported on the local radio news channel that the suspect had, indeed, been killed. I havn't located additional news sources, however, to substantiate the killing claim. (but, honestly, I haven't had too much time to devote on this at the present time).

Strangely, when I went to find additional news stories, I found that I had to put a little more effort in finding the story than I would have liked. For instance, my first post actually had a link to the Detroit Free Press -- when I linked the site I copied the URL but it redirects to the news source that I, ultimately, posted.

It's not a big story but I thought that there would be more of a notice in the papers. It might have been overshadowed by a current investigation in the Milford, Michigan area --- the search for Jimmy Hoffa. Still, I did think that there would be more to the story.

I was also surprised that a similar incident had occured earlier -- in April. But I haven't found any details on that incident.

This all makes me wonder whether similar occurences are happening around the country at various military and government facilities.

fixed quote

[edit on 19-5-2006 by masqua]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hmmmmmn I guess those signs posted stating "Use of deadly force is authorized." are not just for show.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

If it is any sort of effort, it is a very weak attempt. I know boyscouts who could have got in easier and probably with out the trouble. Heck even girl scouts.

From the details of the story perhaps this was a twist on the police assisted suicide method than anything else.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
If this was a "police assisted suicide" -- which it very well could be -- the story is over. However, as of yet, there has been no announced suicide note or anything to that effect. What I do find interesting, however, is that another incident of this type occured last month at Selfridge Air Force Base. I am interested in seeing whether there is a pattern of such incursions elsewhere in the country at US military facilities

[edit on 5/19/2006 by benevolent tyrant]Detroit Free Press article on the shooting

[edit on 5/19/2006 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
man this guy was dumb if your gonna go and ram ur car into aarmy base.........go for a secret one like dulce or groom lake.

or even the washington one

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Maybe they have something to hide. It appears to be a bit of an overreaction but stranger things have happened. Could it be there is a secret weapon at that base? The weapon may work on the brain and cause it to seek out entrance to the base.
before you send for the orderlies check this site.

www.mindcontrolforums.com...

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
It might have been overshadowed by a current investigation in the Milford, Michigan area --- the search for Jimmy Hoffa.

That may just be the exact situation. Being in West Michigan I have not heard a thing about the shooting, but Hoffa is plastered all over the paper.

What is funny, last year a story about Hoffa was released, but it said he was under some peoples kitchen floor. Starting to wonder why such woul be more inmportant that current events, unless it was used to cover something up. As you said, over shadow.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Okay, I did a little research on the story and came up with this story in the Macomb Daily:

A mentally challenged Fraser man who breached security at the Selfridge Air National Guard Base and was shot and killed by security personnel may have purposely set himself up to get killed, his sister, Tracey Sekula, said.

Timothy James Whisman burst through the main gate at Selfridge with a smile on his face and waved to security personnel, said Michigan State Police Sgt. Craig Nyeholt.

He led 127th Wing Security Forces on a 20-minute chase. Originally described by a base spokeswoman as being "incapacitated" by base personnel, Whisman was shot in the back and killed by a security response team using 9-mm handguns and M-16 semi-automatic rifles.

macombdaily.com...

Perhaps there is no more to the story than this sad report.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
all i can say is....This is a sticky situation,

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Well that ends this thread. Good basic detective work "Don't Tread On Me". Still it opens up a new area for people to research. Are there any "intruders" or "probes" of American military or governmental facilities? This incident was probably a mentally deranged individual however there might be other incidents that remain "local news" that, alone, amount to nothing. Collectively, a collection of incidents against important bases, buildings and facilities would certainly indicate, well, "something". It might be a good idea to start noting unusual or suspicious news items concerning this type of story.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The conspiracy theorist in me agrees with you. We know news can be altered to fit into the "official story". Maybe the man really wasn't unbalanced.

OTOH, why would his sister lie and go along with the military's story?

At any rate, I think it is good to make note of these events.

top topics

join