It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exopolitics versus Exospin: A Response to Dr Steven Greer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Michael E. Salla, PhD debates with the head of Disclosure Project about the testimonials and facts and opposes why certain areas like underground bases (especially Dulce) or credible testimoniances are left apart.

In January 1994, I remember visiting the Jakarta office of Mr Irawan Abidin, the former Director of Foreign Information in the Indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I had just arrived from a two week field trip to the former Indonesian territory of East Timor researching alleged human rights abuses. I had found ample evidence of abuses through the traumatized testimonies of many East Timorese I had spoken with. Mr Abidin assured me that systematic human rights abuses were not occurring in East Timor and that such claims
were spurious accusations orchestrated by discontented Timorese expatriates who were the former ruling elite. I politely explained to him what I had been told in my fieldwork involving interviews with dozens of private citizens, but he insisted that such claims were gross exaggerations and people were basically content in East Timor. He handed me a Ministry publication to support his position and exhorted me to tell the world how content people were with Indonesian rule in East Timor. In reading Steven Greer's recent
public statement, "Exopolitics or Xenopolitics" where he openly criticizes me as someone supporting xenophobic approaches to Exopolitics, I had a feeling of déjà vu with my earlier meeting with Mr Abidin concerning my research into alleged human rights abuses.

In his May 2 statement, Greer claims: "While there are certainly diverse opinions regarding why any given extraterrestrial civilization may wish to visit Earth at this time in our history, recent public comments by Michael Salla have added a virulent strain of fear-based xenophobia, based on the flimsiest of documentation." Dr Greer further states: "He has maintained that a nefarious and injurious group of ETs have made a secret pact with covert humans - and have a harmful agenda towards the human race." This, and more. The Disclosure Project has over 450 military, government and corporate insiders who have first-hand knowledge of actual UFO/ET events and projects. We find it odd that not a single one of these insiders can confirm the xenophobic rumors proffered by Salla."

I've watched so many times The Disclosure Project DVD and really got my attention the fact that he never mentioned nothing about underground bases (which doesn't harm his credibility or his project's).

For example, with regard to allegations of human rights abuses and of a shooting war involving extraterrestrials at an underground facility in New Mexico, Dulce, made by whistleblowers such as Phil Schneider, Greer includes these among the list of xenophobic rumors. Unfortunately, another prominent Disclosure Project whistleblower, Dan Morris, not only confirms the existence of the Dulce facility, but also that Schneider did indeed work there and was eliminated for disclosing classified information about such bases and what had occurred there with resident extraterrestrials. In Greer's' Disclosure book, Morris says: "There are other people who have been eliminated for what they know. One was a friend of mine. Phil Snyder (sic) who worked out here in New Mexico building the tunnels - the biggest one that he was involved with was the Dulce underground facility" (Disclosure, p. 359).

Link

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I can't wait to read Steven Greer's answer
I always thought that there was something about this project that was kind off odd. I think that Greer is a government asset and through him the government is trying to prepare the public for the big story. That would explain why he is avoiding the fact of aliens being hostile and trying to represent them as the brothers from outer space.
This was my 2c about this subject...

[edit on 18-5-2006 by Telos]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Thank you Telos. I will add this to my data regarding this subject. For me the motives and associations surrounding this subject are at best unclear.

I can't help but support the notion of Dr. Greer "cherry picking" data to support his "worldsview" as opposed to those who choose not to ignore "the harmless abductions", "non-traumatic examinations" and claims "of human body parts found in downed ET vehicles".

I hope what Dr. Greer says is true (prove it) but I think it would be prudent not to ignore Dr. Salla either (prove it). So far neither has satisfied anything in the way of claim with any degree of formal peer-reviewed scientific rigor and this detracts from the weight of their arguments whether Xenophobic or Xenophillic. They lack the credibility of proof.

Thanx,

Victor K.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
At this point I think Greer is pretty much ok with proves. He's got first hand witnesses of UFO sightings, crash sites, recovery teams etc, all recorded and well documented. He is willing to testify to the Congres and is very persistent in all the entire project.
At the other hand Salla (I've read few things in the past from him) in the regard of ungerdround bases, especially Dulce is refering to sources that alot of researchers have being trying to debunk for years now, Schneider, Castello, etc...
But as I said in my previus post, this open letter to Greer matches with my point of view about his tendencies to present aliens beings as benevolent when we have alot of claims that prove the opposite.

Dae

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
But as I said in my previus post, this open letter to Greer matches with my point of view about his tendencies to present aliens beings as benevolent when we have alot of claims that prove the opposite.

Yup, this is my major red flag with this guy, this benevolency idea... Im not convinced, and that sort of claim has to be convincing.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I did a little research about Michael Salla and this guys doesn't lack credibility at all.

Here it is what I've found out about him:

Michael Salla , Ph.D.

Dr. Michael E. Salla, is a pioneer in the development of exopolitics, the scholarly study of the political implications of the extraterrestrial presence. He is the author of Exopolitics: Political Implications of the Extraterrestrial Presence (Dandelion Books, 2004). Dr. Salla is an internationally recognized scholar in international politics, conflict resolution and US foreign policy, and is the author/editor of an additional four books including The Hero's Journey Toward a Second American Century (Greenwood Press, 2002); Essays on Peace (Central Queensland University Press, 1995); Why the Cold War Ended (Greenwood Press, 1995); and Islamic Radicalism, Muslim Nations and the West (1993). He has also authored more than seventy articles, chapters, and book reviews on peace, ethnic conflict and conflict resolution.

Dr. Salla has held academic appointments in the School of International Service, American University, Washington DC (1996-2001), and the Department of Political Science, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia (1994-96). Dr Salla taught as an adjunct faculty member in the Elliott School of International Affairs, George Washington University, Washington D.C., in 2002; and is currently a Researcher in Residence in the Center for Global Peace, American University (2001-2004). He has a PhD in Government from the University of Queensland, Australia, and an MA in Philosophy from the University of Melbourne, Australia.He has conducted research and fieldwork in the ethnic conflicts in East Timor, Kosovo, Macedonia, and Sri Lanka, and organized peacemaking initiatives involving mid to high level participants from these conflicts.

Dr. Salla's interest in exopolitics evolved out of his international politics experience that many, if not all, international conflicts were related to the extraterrestrial presence. He launched this web site (www.exopolitics.org) with the online publication of his first study paper, "The Need for Exopolitics" in January 2003. It has to date (February 2004) scored almost 3 million hits and continues to attract great interest from those seeking to understand the 'big picture' about the undisclosed extraterrestrial presence and its political implications.

Dr. Salla has conducted extensive interviews for both his exopolitical research and international conflict on Coast to Coast Radio; The Hickman Report; Mysteries of the Mind; Voice of America, Television & Radio, Washington D.C.; ABC Radio, Washington D.C.; SBS (Radio), Melbourne, Australia; KSRO (Radio), Santa Rosa, CA.; ABC Online; Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly (TV) Washington D.C.; WTOP (Radio) Washington DC.; Hearst-Argyle Television, Washington, DC.; CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Comm., TV) News, Washington DC.; MSNBC (TV) News, Washington DC.; KRLA (Radio) Los Angeles; America's Voice (TV), Washington D.C, WMAL (Radio); KDKA (Radio), Pittsburgh, BBC World Service,(Radio); 3ER (Radio), Melbourne, Australia; ABC TV, Canberra, Australia; 2CN, ABC Radio, Canberra, Australia; 2XX (Radio), Canberra, Australia.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
These fellow's CV's are both top notch and are credible at the surface. I take no immediate issue with that. It's just the rigor of their proofs are not acceptable, as credible or scientifically proven, for me. When they do prove "whatever", nations will form public policy - which for me is a much more grave and somber issue that may occur at an inopportune time to prepare for "whatever". I just need a little scientific peer-reviewed proof preferably repeatable and verified with many witnesses and documentation. Is that asking so much to accept such serious claims? Perhaps I'm just skeptical. Perhaps I'm biased and not as "open-of-mind" as I had thought.

Thanx,

Victor K.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
If the recent ET's directing an asteroid scare wasn't enough I found this one:

Has There been a Cover Up of a Celestial Warning against War in Iraq?

"A University based researcher has satellite evidence that an anomalous celestial phenomenon is a veiled form of communication warning against a preemptive war in Iraq that lacks broad international support.

Dr Michael Salla’s analysis of the satellite imagery suggests that a celestial warning against such an attack has occurred, and that the Bush administration has deliberately kept this from coming to the attention of the general public."

Dr. Salla's interest in exopolitics evolved out of his international politics experience that many, if not all, international conflicts were related to the extraterrestrial presence.

Global warming is caused by aliens not us.
Pollution is a result of aliens not us.
Higher oil prices are a result of aliens not us.
Failed wars are a result of those evil aliens not people.
Your favorite sports team losing is a result of aliens.
Just blaim everything bad that happens on aliens/ ET's.

Anyone can make claims.
Like they're psychic, hear voices from ETs, hear voices from God, have super powers, can heal people, can bend spoons using their mind, can remote view Mars and tell you a good story.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by moog synthesizer]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Look at Dr. Joe Champion's credentials.
He must be onto something:

"Cosmoeniopsychology"

"Dolphin Interspecies Telepathic Project"

"We consider each person as a Complex Emotional-Bio-Energy-Information System. A Microcosm when combined reflects a Macrocosm – the Universe."

"A Project [manipulation of health, production of energy, transmutation, etc]
A Portal between the Dimensions (Physical/Aphysical)
The ability to deliver intent"

[edit on 19-5-2006 by moog synthesizer]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Regarding the possible hostile intentions of aliens, if they indeed have spacecraft capable of travelling between stars then their energy sources must be unimaginably vast. If they really wanted our planet for themselves they could and would take it from us, as easy as snatching a rattle from a baby.

Judging by the many accounts of UFOs being sited at or near nuclear missile installations they probably see us as the hostile, aggressive species.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Hi

Just found this fascinating article, that puts all the pieces of information regarding aliens, and Eisenhower, well known stories, NSA, CIA etc etc. (all the acronyms) into a clear concise time line of historical events; the reason for them and governments secret plans to deal with and benefit from alien contact etc. from the 1940's till the present day Written by William Cooper in early 2011.

I hope it has not been posted before in another forum

coupmedia.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by wheelz1971
Written by William Cooper in early 2011.

That would be a good trick considering he died in 2001...

Unless you're referring to a different William Cooper.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x

Originally posted by wheelz1971
Written by William Cooper in early 2011.

That would be a good trick considering he died in 2001...

Unless you're referring to a different William Cooper.

I understand the dissonance, have a look at the link if you would like. Perhaps its a different person or a re-print of something he had written before he kicked the bucket. Thanks for heads up.

new topics

top topics

join