It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Ouija Boards work TOO well with me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
(Please take into consideration that this is my first time posting a new thread...
)

When I was ten years old, my dad brought home an old Ouija board he bought at a garage sale, and gave it to my brother and me. We got it to work right away-- hardly any waiting-- but our hands got so cold, and we felt so anxious, that we decided we had had enough.

Well, a few days later I had some friends over and told them to try it. The two of them put their hands onto the planchette and waited... and waited. After a minute or two, they exclaimed that it was crap and it didn't work. "Sure it does," I said, "try it again." And this time I put my hands on it with them, and the board started to move right away answering their question. Seeing this, the two of them said I was the one doing it, so I took all of my fingers off the planchette except my right pointer finger. Again, the board started moving quickly, no problem. My friends were astonished because I was keeping such a light touch on the planchette that my finger was routinely bobbing on and off of it-- and everytime this happened, the pointer would stop.

In time, I would play my Ouija board more and more with friends and my little brother. The more I played with it, though... the more "energetic" and strange it became. On one day while playing, the planchette would continually follow me (point in my direction), never stopping, and never answering questions. It would even come off the board onto the floor, and if I backed up, it would follow me anywhere I went unless I took my finger off (by this time, I usually only used one finger, because that's all that was ever needed). Sometimes the spirit would get frustrated with us and throw the pointer across the room-- other times, it would move the board instead of the planchette.

Years later, when I was in the 9th grade, a friend and I were talking of days gone by, when she brought up the Ouija Board and the hours we would spend on it. I wondered if I could make my own board right there in the room. I drew out a simple 'Yes/No' on my desk, and pulled out a safety pin. I told some of the kids around us to put a finger on it (while also placing my own), and it started right up! I've since then made several 'boards' with several different mediums, and have gotten the same effect...

At one point in time, I had accumulated many spirits from my overuse of the Ouija-- one of which was my newly deceased friend from highschool. I was carrying 5 of them constantly, and their presences were getting pretty irritating. My favorite spirit (who wasn't one to cling), a child named Ginger, became concerned with the amount of psychic "bulk" I had taken on, and said I should get rid of them (which BTW, got some of them quite angry and they began to physically lash out). "How?" I asked, "Tell them three times to go in peace," she replied, via the board. I did this that very same night-- somewhat sad that I would lose touch with my old friend from school, Tanner-- and sure enough! It worked!

But I still wonder... why do Ouija Boards work so well with me? Does this happen to anyone else? Tell me your experiences with this strange spiritual outlet....

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
You will never ever meet a good spirit through the Ouija Board. Trust me! You will only be fooled into thinking they are good spirits when they are not. Years back my sister and her kids said they had contacted my Mom (died 6 years ago). They asked her lots of questions to which she gave valid answers (which made them think it was truly her). The last question they asked her was "What do you look like now?" She replied, "I have horns."

This was not my very devout, religious Mom at all. I told my sister she was playing with fire. Keep in mind Satan knows how to "play you" when he wants to.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
because your walked in on and you better get your ass cleansed or thats it for you. keep it up bud and your friends and family wont know who you are in another 6 months. only the lowest of vibration opperate through those things...its never good. i would bet a year of my life and a kidney that you are infested with chords and thats not good....these beings will use you, tell you what you want and misguide you....eventually they will choose to destroy you.

burn it and cleanse.

you may think your talking to your bud but your NOT. these beings will tell you anything to keep you at it. its a way in for them and in their eyes you are a truely stupid human subject.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It sounds like its all in your imagination. Especially that when it got annoying to you, one of the 'spirits' came up with a solution for it for you. Have you been to a psychologist or is there any history of mental illness in your family?

When 'they' communicate, are you literally hearing voices, or are you getting impressions of what 'they' want, or do they only communicate through the board??

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
When 'they' communicate, are you literally hearing voices, or are you getting impressions of what 'they' want, or do they only communicate through the board??

They communicate through the board-- and there are always other people around because you need more than one person to utilize a Ouija board. I've not participated in operating a Ouija board and it's very slow without me. The spirits will comment on me being in the room even if I'm not touching the planchette, though.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Census
keep it up bud and your friends and family wont know who you are in another 6 months.

It's been two years since I've used a Ouija 'board' ('Yes/No' drawn onto a table and a piece of paper with a hole in it for a planchette). The time before that was about five years ago-- another home-made 'board'. No problems, no lingering spirits.

burn it and cleanse.

I smudge (cleanse) myself regularly and cleansed the board often as well, though I haven't used it in over seven years (been in storage).

you may think your talking to your bud but your NOT.

Actually I encountered my "bud" before we even talked on the board. He followed me around for several months after his passing before I suggested he try communicating through the board. He later had a very moving last conversation with his fiancé through that same board.

...you are a truely stupid human subject.

Thankyou for offering me this wonderful advise! I hope your holy campaign to save/insult poor, 'uneducated' Ouija Board players pulls through for you in the end!

Go well, my friend!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Draconia, this is because of the laws of friction. Ouija boards and their token that is pushed around are very smooth surfaces, where only the lightest of touches can move them (it's said that even a small beat can shake them off a board).

The reason it's moving is because you WANT it to move. Because you want it to move, your body will sub-consciously start working in that direction.

Want an example?

Lie down perfectly flat. Now imagine that you're being pulled up towards the ceiling. Concentrate with all your might!

Eventually you'll realize that you've tightened up certain muscles in your neck and legs that have begun to lift those extremities of your body. You've done this unconsciously because you wanted to actually fly consciously.

The same thing applies to the Ouija board - it's a way of getting in contact with the person within yourself, allowing your subconscious to speak to you indirectly.

The only spirit at work is your own - but don't discredit it from being a powerful spirit.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Was it the exact same board you used all the time? Because it seemed to me that the board would almost like connect with the first person(s) to use it.

I don't think the spirits through the ouija board are neccesarily bad, just mostly Earth bound spirits who tend to be very emotional and become easily attatched to things in the physical realm (such as people). When I play with the ouija board I call on my guardian angels and spirit guides to protect me and I never invite the spirit to visit me or dare it to prove itself, and I've never had a problem with spirits from the board attatching themselves to me.

Have you tried making a communication device by writing the alphabet on a piece of paper in a circle and using a pendulum? That works pretty well.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
Was it the exact same board you used all the time?

No, it's actually been years since I've used that same board, though I still have it somewhere.

I don't think the spirits through the ouija board are neccesarily bad, just mostly Earth bound spirits who tend to be very emotional and become easily attatched to things in the physical realm (such as people). When I play with the ouija board I call on my guardian angels and spirit guides to protect me and I never invite the spirit to visit me or dare it to prove itself, and I've never had a problem with spirits from the board attatching themselves to me.

Ginger, the same spirit who advised me to have my lingering spirits "go in peace" also basically told me my protection techniques were crap (salt circles, gemstones, wiping the board with a velvet cloth, etc.), and that a simple smudge before and after was good enough. I haven't had any problems since.

Have you tried making a communication device by writing the alphabet on a piece of paper in a circle and using a pendulum?

No, I haven't, but that's a very good idea!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarium
Draconia, this is because of the laws of friction. Ouija boards and their token that is pushed around are very smooth surfaces, where only the lightest of touches can move them (it's said that even a small beat can shake them off a board).

The reason it's moving is because you WANT it to move. Because you want it to move, your body will sub-consciously start working in that direction.

Want an example?

Lie down perfectly flat. Now imagine that you're being pulled up towards the ceiling. Concentrate with all your might!

Eventually you'll realize that you've tightened up certain muscles in your neck and legs that have begun to lift those extremities of your body. You've done this unconsciously because you wanted to actually fly consciously.

The same thing applies to the Ouija board - it's a way of getting in contact with the person within yourself, allowing your subconscious to speak to you indirectly.

The only spirit at work is your own - but don't discredit it from being a powerful spirit.

That's a very interesting theory that I'll have to read on more and try out for myself sometime. I will have to politely disagree though, simply because I've had conversations with the same spirits while not touching the planchette, and also because I've seen and felt very strange things while playing it. But I do appreciate your opinion, and I thankyou greatly for being so kind in offering it.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I have done them as a kid when i was like 13-14 to about 16, now 28.
and i had some mad experiences when i did them, but ones things for sure its not to be messed around with, which i i did.......eekk

Lol...

Seriously though, its real and not subconscious.
Maybe dark spirits, but not just the mind.

When i was like 13, i used to ask the spirit to let me know when me mum would be comong through the front door by using a code, say a letter, and it always worked

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
It sounds like its all in your imagination. Especially that when it got annoying to you, one of the 'spirits' came up with a solution for it for you. Have you been to a psychologist or is there any history of mental illness in your family?

I think that was a rather rude reply, you may not believe but that does not mean you should personally attack him and suggest he is mentally ill.
My friends and I had similar experiences .. does that make US mentally ill too?

How did you become a moderator?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Draconica
That's a very interesting theory that I'll have to read on more and try out for myself sometime. I will have to politely disagree though, simply because I've had conversations with the same spirits while not touching the planchette, and also because I've seen and felt very strange things while playing it. But I do appreciate your opinion, and I thankyou greatly for being so kind in offering it.

You're very welcome - it is by asking the questions and attempting to answer them that we gain wisdom. Simply having the answer at your feet gains you nothing.

I should say though, don't let your personal experience cloud your judgement. I've found more and more that personal experience can be one of the worst sources of information! The human mind is very good at tricking itself, either knowingly or unkowningly. I comment on that little tidbit of information because I've made UFO debunking something of a hobby of mine... call it a search for "the real deal" (a case that can't be debunked means either not enough information or, more arousingly, something that is actually unexplainable!). I've noticed some things in that time. Sometimes a person will say an object slowly moved across the sky, when really it went quite fast, but was such a fantastic experience that it seemed to last much longer than it actually did, and when I ask about time-length, the answer I get is a distortion of what really happened, because the person's mind was trying to take in so much information at once.

It's kinda like when you watch a powerful movie scene, it seems to go on forever when you first see it. However, watching it over again later the same scene can go by relatively quickly. This is because you're mind already knows what will happen, and so it's not paying as great attention as when it super-concentrated that first time.

Now, as for a personal experience with the slipperiness of personal experience as a means of finding the truth - I once had an abduction experience. Very powerful... traumatic actually. There would be nights afterwards where I couldn't go to sleep... where I would dart from room to room, turning on all lights as I went... because I was scared they could find me anywhere.

It took a long time, and a lot of research, but I've finally been able to explain it. I discovered the answer in a dream actually. No, no one came to me in my dream and told me the answer. Instead, I was dreaming, and in the dream I tried to scream. I was trying to yell to a friend to do something. But the harder I tried, the less anything came out.

When I woke up I thought about it, and realized that when I tried to scream in my dream, my body in real life tried to scream out as well. However, the neural suppresants that the brain unleashes to desensitize the body to prevent just such things from happening were stopping me from doing anything strenuous.

I realized that every other time that I was dreaming and trying to do something stressful - like fighting, or running - I'd always move slowly because my mind wanted to run, but my brain wouldn't let my body run, but I was so close to consciously moving that my legs were sending my brain signals saying "we ain't moving chief".

And then I remembered my abduction experience, and I realized that my inability to move, or to scream, during it was EXACTLY the same experience. I can only conclude then that my abduction experience was actually Sleep Paralysis - despite the fact that everything I SAW tells me otherwise. Sight, being a set of electrical impulses sent to my brain, is not reliable if the brain has already decided what it is it will see.

So, I'll leave you with that.

Seek the truth, even if that truth should happen to be something you don't want it to be. If the truth is that there are spirits talking to you, and it's not some inner portion of yourself that's trying to express itself, then only you can decide that.

If the truth, though, should be that it is just you - that the reason these things are happening around YOU and not someone else is because YOU are doing something, unknowingly, to affect it. Perhaps it's not the answer that you're looking for. Perhaps it means that a lot of what you believe in will be put in question (which is an okay thing, the important questions never are easy to ask, and much more difficult to accept), but you must move forward and accept the answer.

Good luck, if you want to speak about this with me further, drop me a U2U.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Dracocnia,

These boards are as you know portals for spirits.. Now they do not work well when there is negative energy around. If someone is closed minded and nearby.. it will cause great interference with the energy. However.. this may be a good thing. These boards are extremely dangerous and as someon already said.. you will not find a good spirit ever through one. They may be helpful in the beggining to earn your trust but believe me when I say that they are just hiding their true nature behind a facade.
My friends and I once created our own board of paper and a small glass heart shaped bowl for the planchette because we had no board at the friends house that we were at.
That night was the worst night and the strongest experience we ever had.
In the end the spirit threatened one of them and chased her across the floor via the makeshift planchette, which we proceeded to chuck out the window following that.. however may I state that when the planchette left the paper we all let go because we wanted it to end after its last statement but it had continued moving across the floor on its own energy when it chased her across the floor. We all swore that night that we would never touch a oija board again.. and to my knowledge.. none of us ever have.

I just gave myself goosebumps recalling this.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Ok...this thread is the only reason I have joined as a member...I usually just view threads that interest me.

Several things:
1> My experience - When I was a kid (around 4th grade and up a little), my mom became friends with a lady that was into using the board...so we learned. I watched and I also touched the slider and joined in. We even made a homemade one at our house to use. It all seemed to work.
a> One time, when I was not touching it (at the ladies house) we were all told to clear our thoughts and not think of anything. What did I do, I repeated 'Blank, Blank, Blank' over and over in my head. What did the board spell out (I was not one of the ones touching the slider)...it spelled BLANK. When it did that, I just said sorry to the lady because I was thinking of it over and over.
b> The other thing I have heard since then is that you are not supposed to do it by yourself (or as stated above it does not work by itself). That is not true as I remember doing by myself and it moving. I would put my fingers very lightly on it and ask and it would move with no one else on it…others thought I was moving it but I was not.
c> There was one last experience that freaked me out but that was with my friends and they said they moved it - I hope they were telling the truth because it spelled ‘in u’ and pointed to me...I got up and ran the mmmppphhh out of there. They laughed and said they moved it (I hope so) but that was enough for me regardless and I have not used it since.

2> Subconscious Moving It Theory (why I do not think so but it may be)
-I like the idea of it being the subconscious and if that were the case I would probably do it again. The reason I do not think this is definitely true is because of the time when I was thinking 'Blank, blank, ...' and the board spelled it out (when it was the lady and others touching the board - not me). So, either I am able to extend my subconscious, or someone else was thinking blank, or something else was picking up on my thoughts and using the board. The fact that I was able to use the board by myself makes me think that the subconscious thing is viable, but again the 'blank, blank...' experience leads me otherwise.

I would like to know how it really works and what it really is too, but I am not sure. Just thought I would add to this with my experiences and my thoughts on the subconscious thing.

[edit on 18-5-2006 by ratboy]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I once played oiuja with my friends and put had a cat around the haouse there was no one where cats furr rose it had green eyes and stood up facing no one and going hhhh.
I beleive in ghosts demons 100% they are much more real then they seem.The government tries to hide these secrets.

top topics

join