It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I like this points system, this is why

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Ive been on the board for a good 2 years but have never been ON the boards till a couple days ago.

at first i didnt really understand the point system,especially when i got a warning for bad post an "exessive quoting". But now i like this point system.
you make point for every post an u points for every post people make abotu your topic.
so even when people are mad an saying stupid points i still gain something out of it

Also some thing extra is that i like the way the forum is going an thiis is on of the most active forums ive ever been in in terms of me finding stuff worth post or posting about

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well get in the fight man!!! HAHAHAHAHA
Get your opinion out there.
You will get some black eyes, but you will be heard.
This is the FORUM!!!

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
lol ive got more post than you now

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Excellent
That means your doing a good job of getting your opinion out there.

We need more like you.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Most people go for quality, not quantity. You can't really do much with points, especially once you have 10,000 you really have all that you'll ever need. That's more than 3 years of WATS subscription. Me, I just like wearing my points as a status symbol more than anything else. Must continue accumulating, and never use them up

Don't worry, your post count will probably gradually slow down. Over time you will start to lose interest and/or have less and less to keep posting about.

[edit on 17-5-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Yeah everybody slows down slightly at some point.

You can gain points in several different ways if your interested.

Content Tagging

-- This can earn you up to 75 points for one tag. Beyond simple.

Quality posts will earn you an Applause from the staff. The more of these you recieve the more red you will see in your bar below. The more posts you post, the longer the bar gets. Every Applause gives you 250 points.

PodCasts can earn you 2500 points I believe. I have not created any of these but they are always good for a listen.

I hope this was beneficial.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Points are just a silly way to try to create a tier of users, a derisive method of classes, each competing to see whose e-penis is larger.

It's the color of your bar that counts!

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Mmm. But what do the points get you? Nowt! Now if you could use your points for free mugs and t-shirts or something then that would be cool!

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcphisto
Mmm. But what do the points get you? Nowt! Now if you could use your points for free mugs and t-shirts or something then that would be cool!

hey, kool idea...

but then ATS wouldn't get any money from the sales (it does go to ATS right???)...

on second thought, i think it goes to a third party (a "good cause") or something like that...

if this is the case, that idea would be very possible...

also, any discussion site that rewards posters for posting is great as it helps with the entire site...

top topics

join