It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rove Indictment Report DENIED

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   
www.nysun.com...

A spokesman for a top White House aide under scrutiny in a criminal leak probe, Karl Rove, yesterday vigorously denied an Internet report that the political adviser to President Bush was told that he had been indicted on charges of perjury and lying to investigators.

"The story is a complete fabrication," the spokesman for Mr. Rove, Mark Corallo, told The New York Sun. "It is both malicious and disgraceful."

Well, if this is true, some of us here should hang our heads low today, after all, we JUST KNEW this story about Rove to be true. What an injustice.
Today, I eat crow.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I don't know, dgtempe, While this report may be true, I'm inclined to believe just about anything before I believe a spokesman for a top WHite House aide. I mean, when I think of the lies that have come out of the White House recently, I'm more inclined to disbelieve it than not.

But it could be true. I'll continue to wait the 24 business hours, and then, if an indictment isn't announced, I'll believe that it was probably a setup.

Despite right wing media and blogosphere accusations, Jason Leopold has been a reliable source for some time. For now, I am willing to take it on faith that he has numerous well placed sources that did in fact tell him that Karl Rove had been indicted. As a journalist for Truthout ( www.truthout.org... ), Jason has broken numerous stories ahead of the rest of the media which up until now have all proven to be true. If his story on the Rove indictment is incorrect, and I want to stress that we do not know either way right now, I have a theory as to what might have happened.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I don't know, dgtempe, While this report may be true, I'm inclined to believe just about anything before I believe a spokesman for a top WHite House aide. I mean, when I think of the lies that have come out of the White House recently, I'm more inclined to disbelieve it than not.

*cough*
Sound reasoning enough, for you or some others, but in this applied case, you should have stuck with the spokesman?

But it could be true.

Yeah, of course, and Jason Leopold said the same thing concerning another fiction story he wrote that he later gave retraction to.

I'll continue to wait the 24 business hours, and then, if an indictment isn't announced, I'll believe that it was probably a setup.

Umm, you keep waiting those 24 hours, being the Leopold story was released on the 13th.....today is the 16th, correct?

Despite right wing media and blogosphere accusations, Jason Leopold has been a reliable source for some time. For now, I am willing to take it on faith that he has numerous well placed sources that did in fact tell him that Karl Rove had been indicted. As a journalist for Truthout ( www.truthout.org... ), Jason has broken numerous stories ahead of the rest of the media which up until now have all proven to be true. If his story on the Rove indictment is incorrect, and I want to stress that we do not know either way right now, I have a theory as to what might have happened.

Try this: Jason Leopold Steals Pied Piper Pitt's Fitzmas

A strange thing has happened over the course of the past year. Whenever I search the name of either Karl Rove or Patrick Fitzgerald in Google News, another name keeps popping up, JASON LEOPOLD, who appears as the reporter of some amazing (but wildly inaccurate) insider information on the CIA "Leak" case. Often Jason Leopold appears as the SOLE source of information which NO OTHER reporter has been able to unearth. So who is this intrepid reporter that is constantly on top of the CIA "Leak" case ("Leak" in quotations since it is NOT a crime to reveal the name of a non-covert CIA worker, thus no "Leak")? Well, according to HOWARD KURTZ of the Washington Post, Jason Leopold is a former coc aine addict who has admitted to lying, cheating and backstabbing. In addition, Leopold has served time for grand larceny, has attempted suicide, and has battled mental illness his whole life. WHEW! But wait, there's MORE! Leopold's credibility is so shot through with holes that the publisher, Rowland & Littlefield, cancelled his book, "Off the Record," just days before it was due to go to press. But wait...there's STILL MORE! Leopold was also fired by the Los Angeles Times for threatening to rip a reporter's head off. Leopold already shaky credibility suffered even more when Salon retracted its story authored by Jason Leopold about a Bush admininstration official saying that it couldn't (surprise, surprise) authenticate the piece.

And with more:

So now that Jason Leopold has been thoroughly discredited, where can he turn to in order to get his fiction published? To Pied Piper Pitt's Truthout.Org site of course. For the past few months, Truthout has become the headquarters for Jason Leopold's Fitzmas fiction tales. The latest piece of Leopold fiction was proudly promoted by Pied Piper Pitt in this DUmmie THREAD titled, "Jason Leopold: Target Letter Drives Rove Back to Grand Jury (full story)." In this exclusive Truthout "scoop," Jason Leopold proclaimed that "I confirmed with sources close to the investigation that Rove did in fact receive a target letter," and that "My sources maintain that Rove is a target and that Luskin understood that." Only one "little" problem here. Neither Karl Rove nor his lawyer, Luskin, received target letters as was revealed soon after this Pitt post. OOOPS! As a result, Leopold had to issue a lame RETRACTION in which he says the story still COULD be true because Luskin wouldn't return his phone call.

:shk:

seekerof

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I'm with you BH. I've followed Truthout for 5 years now and I've never found them to be inaccurate about anything.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Umm, you keep waiting those 24 hours, being the Leopold story was released on the 13th.....today is the 16th, correct?

I'll repeat it just for you...

24 business hours

In point of fact, those 24 hours are "business hours," i.e. starting on Monday.

That's 3 days, starting on Monday.

And I already saw your accusations against Leopold in the other thread (the same one where I explained the "business hours" thing that you obviously didn't read). So, no need to repeat it all on my account.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
3 business days?!
You have gone from 24 hours to now three business days?

Tell you what: how about since your supporting the validity of both Truthout.org and Jason Leopold, shall we make a wager of sorts on if this pans out to be truth or not?

For your sake and others, who have devoted months and years to reading the likes of Pitt's Truthout.org, the issue here is a two-edged sword: not only is this a matter of truth and accuracy in reporting news stories by the media, it is a matter of credibility and validity for Truthout.org and Mr. Pitt. Jason Leopold is not even to be included, being he has long had credibility issues. Will not be long after that 3 business days that Leopold will plummet to the pits, to be placed in the same category as people such as Scott Ritter, etc.

Cross-your-fingers moment here, Benevolent Heretic?

seekerof

[edit on 16-5-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

You have gone from 24 hours to now three business days?

I have done no such thing, Seekerof. I have simply reported here what I have read elsewhere and stated what I tend to believe.

Tell you what: how about since your supporting the validity of both Truthout.org and Jason Leopold...

Again, I am not 'supporting the validity' of anything. I have not claimed that the truthout story is true or false. How could I do that? I don't have inside sources. I am simply repeating here what I read and saying what I tend to believe.

Edited to add:

Here are some of the statements I've made about this Rove Story:

Still no 'real solid' confirmation of this story, but all the signs are there.

I guess we shall see...

I don't think so, but it is a possibility.

While this report may be true,

But it could be true.

Where exactly do you get that I'm supporting the validity of "both truthout.org and Jason Leopold"?

Making-stuff-up-again, Seekerof?

[edit on 16-5-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Source

As editor of OpEdnews, I started wondering when Jason Leopold's news that Karl Rove was indicted, which we made our main headline, did not show up in the mainstream news.

See article for details on exchanged emails

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Merry Hoaxmas, Benevolent Heretic.

seekerof

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I;ll give you my point of view. This was a vast Right Winged Conspiracy, if it is a lie, to throw us anti Bush people off track, make us all look like conspiracy nuts (*Notice how Fox news and other stations keep bringing up the word "conspiracy" now)- Could it have anything to do with the fact that that airplane that hit the Pentagon looked more like a low flying yellow bellied sap sucker?
...and the conspiracies still persist????

It cracks me up! WHAT AIRPLANE??? Anyway, i wouldnt be surprised if that sleezy bunch dreamed a little thing up like rumors of a Rove indictment just to throw us a curve ball.

Never tempt fate, i say

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
dgtempe, that's a good point!
Several possible 'leaks' could be in the works to discount the liberal media.

Rove Indictment and Jason Leopold

... May 17, five days after the publication of Leopold’s article on Truthout. I spoke a few moments ago with William Rivers Pitt who reassured me both that he and Jason were not offended by my Monday article and that they stick by their assertions 100%. I can not tell the entire contents of the conversation as much of it was off the record, but as a result of it, I am going to hold off further speculation until the end of the day on Friday, May 19, or until, how shall I put it, events obviously dictate otherwise. I thank my readers for being patient until then.

I, too, will hold off further speculation. I wonder what he meant by the bolded sentence above... Interesting.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Nothing but grasping for straws, Benevolent Heretic, and those "straws" being more time. I have already linked where even the Leftist media and journalism sites are starting to smell the crap leaking from the rears of Leopold and Will Pitt--Daily Kos, DemocraticUnderground, etc., etc., etc.

You can keep grabbing at those "straws" of more time, but be assured, come FRIDAY, MAY 19th, I will be looking for your continued excuse to not eat more crow. Bet.

seekerof

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I read the bold print this way- "Until its announced by Fitzgerald and the media"

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

... come FRIDAY, MAY 19th, I will be looking for your continued excuse to not eat more crow. Bet.

Please show me where I have said that Rove was indeed indicted or that I support the validity of truthout or Jason Leopold and I'll eat that crow now, for dinner tonight. I don't know where you're getting the idea that I can somehow confirm Leopold's article, but you're making it up. It's a fantasy.

You having fantasies about me again...

Do you not understand the concept of withholding judgment? Must each and every person pick a side and claim it as truth in your timeframe? Well, sorry, but I don't know the truth yet. I'm skeptical yet open-minded on the subject. As I've said several times in these Rove threads (but you continue to ignore because they don't meet your needs to take me down a notch) I am open to the possibility that it's true and I'm open to the possibility that it's not. That's just so uncomfortable for you isn't it, Seekerof?

I want Rove to be indicted, for sure, I want this to be true, and I still think it is, but that has very little to do with whether or not it is really true. And should it turn out to be false, nobody has to eat crow except for Jason Leopold, as HE wrote the story, HE claims it to be true.

There are so many facts coming to light about the depth of corruption of this administration, that it is not those of us who want to see them go down that are grasping at straws, but rather the few remaining Bush supporters who grasp at any possible straw that might slow the advance of the BushCo decline. I don't NEED to grasp at straws, the straws are long and plentiful from where I sit...

And if you think I care what the 'leftist media' is reporting, you really don't have a clue about me. Not that I ever thought you did.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Get your own crow! This one is mine.

Seekerof, what difference does the timeframe make? IMO, he's eventually going to be indicted...Is indicting him next month any different than an indicment today?
Other than just to be right on a bet?
..I hope he's indicted before he goes out and commits more crimes. What is it, 5 trips now he's made to the grand jury???

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Get your own crow! This one is mine.

Seekerof, what difference does the timeframe make?

Umm, you need to ask Benevolent Heretic that when she/he stipulated his/her time correction in his/her second post in this topic: 24 business hours: That's 3 days, starting on Monday.

IMO, he's eventually going to be indicted...Is indicting him next month any different than an indicment today?

Does the possibility (future) of a Rove indictment make what Truthout.org, Will Pitt, or Jason Leopold reported anymore valid or correct? What happened to honesty, accuracy, and integrity in media reporting?!

seekerof

[edit on 17-5-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Seekerof, are you Karl Rove? The way you attack and spin anything that makes Republicans look bad... And the inability to read seems like you are working for Bush somehow... And with all the posts, and several U2Us I have gotten from other members make me think they aren't paranoid, several people on here are working for Bush&Co...

Anyways, maybe the guy had a psychic vision and didn't know it, thought it was present tense, and reported it.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Umm, you need to ask Benevolent Heretic that when she/he stipulated his/her time correction in his/her second post in this topic: 24 business hours: That's 3 days, starting on Monday.

Oh, that wasn't my stipulation, Seekerof. That was from an article by Mark Parent. (Gosh, I thought it was clear by the external link and external source tags I used.) I just brought the story to this board. But you go ahead and make it all about me. I'm loving the attention.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarkMan
Seekerof, are you Karl Rove?

That is of concern to whom, you? Please...

The way you attack and spin anything that makes Republicans look bad...

And?
If you have a problem with this, then perhaps you can contact the mainstream and internet media and have them stop posting up misleading and inaccurate headlines and stories, you think?

And the inability to read seems like you are working for Bush somehow..

Inability to read?
You might want to hone your own reading skills?
What part of Rove indicted in Plame leak case and "24 business hours: That's 3 days, starting on Monday" are you failing to comprehend here?

And with all the posts, and several U2Us I have gotten from other members make me think they aren't paranoid, several people on here are working for Bush&Co...

Your empirical and conclusive proof is what, exactly, that there are people within ATS that have different opinions from you or those that have u2u'd you? Please, at your earliest convenience and do not be shy, feel free to plop down that irrefutable proof of those who are "on here" that "are working for Bush&Co..."

Anyways, maybe the guy had a psychic vision and didn't know it, thought it was present tense, and reported it.

Honesty, accuracy, and integrity in media and journalism is where here..."maybe" in a "psychic vision?" Yeah, right, of course, okie dokie.

seekerof

[edit on 17-5-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   
It's far from impossible that the story has gone quiet pending further developments: the people at Truthout seem to think so.

In the wake of the attacks on the story, the website differentiates between "what we know" and "what we believe". There were three independent sources pointing at Rove's indictment. Rove's law firm then went into lockdown, before the story even broke. Do we really think that Rove is someone of such unimpeachable (ha!) integrity that he would take the fall for this without trying to pass blame upward?

Further - and again this is "What We Believe" - Rove may be turning state's evidence. We suspect that the scope of Fitzgerald's investigation may have broadened - clearly to Cheney - and according to one "off the record source" to individuals and events not directly related to the outing of CIA operative Valerie Plame. We believe that the indictment which does exist against Karl Rove is sealed. Finally, we believe that there is currently a great deal of activity in the Plame investigation.

I don't think this story is going away, no matter how many Rove fans would wish otherwise.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join