It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Trying to Weaponize Bird Flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
British Inteligence have information that North Korea has intentions to make a biologic weapon using the bird flu virus.
This could be a perfect weapon at the hands of Al-Qaeda and what make it worst as a threat is that as a biologic weapon is completely undetectable.
So far scientists were worried about the possible mutation of the virus and this news that comes from a country with the largest biological warfare program is even more scary.

worldnetdaily.com
LONDON – The pariah state of North Korea is trying to weaponize the bird flu virus, making it the ideal threat for al-Qaida, the British intelligence agency MI6 has learned.

The Bush administration has given briefings classified "Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information" to members of Congress and the Senate on the threat.

In aerosol form it would be undetectable at all border crossings and virologists at Porton Down – Britain's research center responsible for developing antidotes against biological attacks – fear that a genetically engineered version of the virus would be far more lethal than any current threat from the virus.

World ranking experts have said that it would be "the greatest threat al-Qaida could unleash."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don't know how to take this. We heard that USA is trying to make North Korea an ally but this information reverses everything.
And looks like the Korean government has made the weaponizing of the virus a priority. Why would a country like Korea want to make a biological weapon? And why this information has been kept secret from the public because in the news one can read clearly that Bush and his administration has given briefings to Congres and Senate?

Related News Links:
www.libertypost.org
www.worldnetdaily.com

[edit on 16-5-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

apc

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Personally, I don't trust British Intelligence.

I really don't trust worldnetdaily.com.

And I have a hard time believing even Kimmy is that stupid.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I don't put anything past that psycho. I suppose if you created a vaccine before releasing it, you could protect yourself and allie's?

Alot of ex-soviet's working there. The same one's that brought us Black-Pox. The mating of Ebola and Smallpox. Glad that hasn't gotten into the wrong hand's!

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Personally, I don't trust British Intelligence.

I really don't trust worldnetdaily.com.

And I have a hard time believing even Kimmy is that stupid.

Bush and his administration has given briefings to Congres and Senate about this problem

What else do you need to take this as e real and serious threat and let go British Intelligence or worldnetdaily (that I don't know what's wrong with them) ?

apc

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
There were also briefings about... I dunno... civil war in Mexico... Quebec seceding from Canada...

... and WMD in Iraq.

A reliable source would be more convincing.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Yeah...
consider the source, and the logic...

neither makes sense... Bird flu is too variant...

even with a vaccine, a country that weaponized it, would only be slightly better off than the country they attacked...

and as all things come around, the variants would continue to spread, and cause deaths in many other countries...

Wouldn't that be kinda like a "everybody pile on Kim" party?
he wouldn't have a soul in the world, that he could call friend...

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Flu isn't a very good choice as a bio-weapon. The virus itself isn't inherently stable and mutates too quickly and too easily. More importantly, there are many other biological agents available that make much better weapons --- Anthrax for example. Readily available, epidimiology is well understood, techniques for weaponization already developed. Lassa, Marburg, Ebola and the various 'pox' viruses are much better choices and much, much more lethal.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Its a zero sum game. If you weaponized H5N1 (or some other combination) how would you protect your own population from contracting it? Unless you are going for a total doomsday type scenario or something.

And to answer the question above: Yes Kim is that stupid and that crazy

top topics

join