It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets of the Freemasons on NGeo (5-15-2006)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Cug

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
FYI

The National Geographic Channel has a show on tonight called Secrets of the Freemasons.

Tonight at 9:00pm EST and Midnight EST then Saturday, May 20, 10:00pm EST

Mod Edit: title

[edit on 15-5-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
beat me to it..just saw it on direct tv..was gonna tell the board its on..i am tivo'ing it

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Unfortunatly, I didn't get a chance to see this show
so therefore if I'm off in my comment, please kick me in the butt

I find it very difficult to believe anyone who comes out with "Secrets" of the Masons. If one is not a mason, how do they get their "secrets"?

Most of the things that I've read about the Masons (that's not written BY the Masons themselves) is absolut rubbish. My grandfather is a Past Master, Past Gr.Rep. Brazil and Past Regional AGL for the Masonic Lodge.

I've picked up things here and there from him talking about it in passing or being allowed to look through the books on the sly. Lots of interesting stuff.

One thing I can tell you is that the Masons have their own language, and without it, trying to read anything is almost impossible.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'm watching it right now. They are leaving a bunch of stuff out so far. Maybe they'll get to it later. If not, I'll be mad.

They haven't mentioned anything about bloodlines yet.

Edit @ 9:47pm est:

Well that was BS. They didn't touch most of the major subjects. They stayed away from the pentagram when describing the model of DC. They avoided the bloodline topic. They didn't even really talk about the pyramid and all seeing eye.

[edit on 15-5-2006 by Rasobasi420]

Cug

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
They stayed away from the pentagram when describing the model of DC. They avoided the bloodline topic. They didn't even really talk about the pyramid and all seeing eye.

They covered it. They even pointed out that it's not finished, and if the masons were so powerful why couldn't they finish it?

That was something I didn't know about it. I never bothered to check all the pentagram pictures with the actual street layout.

What did you want them to cover about the all seeing eye? Seems like they covered it ok too me.

Otherwise it was the same old same old that you read here every day. I did get tired of their claim of "exclusive" coverage of the installing a new Master.. if I'm not mistaken that is not a "secret" ceremony.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Did we watch the same thing? This was a continuation of the explainations of the Dan Brown books origins right? If they did cover the pentagram then I must have been in the bathroom.

Cug

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Did we watch the same thing? This was a continuation of the explainations of the Dan Brown books origins right? If they did cover the pentagram then I must have been in the bathroom.

Maybe not.. There seems to be several shows on tonight about the DaVinci Code and the stuff surrounding it. History Channel, the Science Channel, National Geographic channel all have related shows (No doubt taking advantage of the movie coming out.. Just like ATS is doing up on the top of the page) The only thing DaVinci Code related in the freemasons show was some talking head quotes from one of the writers of Holy Blood holy Grail, and a bit about the Templars near the end. (Basically a promo for the show that was on next about the Templars, they used some of the same footage)

The next showing is in an Hour.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I was watching the show on PBS. Wow, I wonder what all the fuss is about. Do you think it's just hype for the DaVinci Code?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   

They stayed away from the pentagram when describing the model of DC.

They covered it and the square and compass formation of the streets, along with the obelisk and washington wearing a masonic apron to lay the foundation stone of the city.

They avoided the bloodline topic.

Thats an illuminati issue. The illuminati aren't going to be on Nt. Geo because, apparently, Fox has them for 24.

They didn't even really talk about the pyramid and all seeing eye.

The problem is that there isn't much to say about it. Its a symbol for the omniscience of god, hence 'all seeing'. Its on some masonic symbols, but not allways in a triangle, and rarely, apparently, in association with a pyramid. They didn't go into Odin plucking out his eye to become all seeing, or the Widject or eye of Horus, but, then again, its only an hour long documentary. They at least put out both sides on most issues, the 'evil conspiracy' and the 'masonic interpretation'.

Hell, most people don't even know wtf a mason is, other than a guy that lays bricks, so this is an advancment.
Hell, anytime you hear 'conspiracy theory' on TV and its not followed by laughter is a good day!

This was a continuation of the explainations of the Dan Brown books origins right?

You saw the previous show. There were three shows, a Davinci Code Show, a show called 'Secrets of the Freemasons, and then a "Science of The Bible" episode on the Knights Templar. All three are being repeated right now, part of 'Davinci Code Movie Fever'.

Do you think it's just hype for the DaVinci Code?

Well, either that, OR, considering that the pentagram ain't complete, maybe they are going to knock down those houses to complete it!

Christ, imagine the frenzy in the conspiracy world if that ever happens!

The Secrets of the Freemason show was also good because it went through the initiation ritual (or at least it think that it did, had to swtich back to 24), and it also had a re-creation of the murder of Hiram Abif and the execution of his three killers, which I've never seen on TV before.

That was in a section on Jack the Ripper, trying to show that the murders were done in masonically coded fashion.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I missed it the first time around, but it will be re-aired at 10:00 P.M. Eastern on NGC, on Saturday, May 20.

On Thursday, May 18 at 8:00 P.M. Eastern, the History Channel will air "The Mysteries of Freemasonry".

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
They covered it. They even pointed out that it's not finished, and if the masons were so powerful why couldn't they finish it?

That was something I didn't know about it. I never bothered to check all the pentagram pictures with the actual street layout.

Hmm.... It sounds fishy. Finishing it isn't the issue. The pentagram is perfectly semetrical along a line that intersects the washington monument perfectly, save for one section on the left. Not just a coincidence.

Cug

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Finishing it isn't the issue.

Actually it is the issue. Take a look at all the sites that claim there is a pentagram in the D.C. streets and try to find one that shows that it is unfinished. If it's no big deal why don't they state the fact it's not finished? Why do they feel the need to cover up this fact?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Well, there could be a few reasons. One of them is that people often don't wan't to talk about things they're not sure about. Besides, I'm not necessarily arguing in their favor. I just find it very interesting that the thing is even there. It's end point is the White House, and it's bisector runs perpendicular to the alignment of the Washington Monument with the State House. Then, of course, the Washington Monument is built perpendicular to the ground forming the perfect XYZ plane. What are the chances of them just happening to design a pentagram, with all of the properties, in such a perfectly designed city, without realizing it was there.

Like I said, sounds fishy.

1000 posts!!!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Well, there could be a few reasons. One of them is that people often don't wan't to talk about things they're not sure about. Besides, I'm not necessarily arguing in their favor. I just find it very interesting that the thing is even there. It's end point is the White House, and it's bisector runs perpendicular to the alignment of the Washington Monument with the State House. Then, of course, the Washington Monument is built perpendicular to the ground forming the perfect XYZ plane. What are the chances of them just happening to design a pentagram, with all of the properties, in such a perfectly designed city, without realizing it was there.

Like I said, sounds fishy.

1000 posts!!!

The Washington Monument is 555 feet in visible height (6,660 inches). However tourist guides to the obelisk say that 20% of its overall height forms part of the foundations in order to stabilise the monument. Thus the true height of the obelisk is 666 feet

is this true ?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Actually, the fact that it's unfinished is extremely weird and VERY important. In magick, one would NEVER leave a pentagram unfinished, unless it was deliberate. (It would be very bad juju). Why they left it unfinished is what I want to know? What was their intention? Any ideas out there from other magickal practitioners?

Cug

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Thank you Forestlady (I'm guessing you're Wiccan?)

I agree, nobody in the occult world would leave the pentagram unfinished, or as in this case smushed as well. Very bad juju indeed.

IMHO the almost a pentagram pattern is just a coincidence that came about while they were planning the city. (I believe it has something to do with having sitelines from one monument area to the next.)

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Coincidence? I highly doubt that anything with this much planning invested in it would have a coincidental pentagram. It's more than an almost pentagram BTW. The thing is complete, save for one line. If it was just something that popped up in the plans, why didn't anyone look at the blueprints and say "hay, why do we have a pentagram who's point is at the white house?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Well, either that, OR, considering that the pentagram ain't complete, maybe they are going to knock down those houses to complete it!

It's underground, man! It's underground! That's where they buried all that National Treasure stuff that Nicholas Cage was looking for.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
thanks for the info on the show.

the pentagram is hype

bloodline? that has NOTHIGN to do w/ masonry.

Cug

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I suggest you take a look at what Pierre-Charles L'Enfant had in mind when he designed Washington D.C.

Oh and a pentagram with 3 out of 5 lines incomplete is not complete. If you got shorted 3 hours out of every 5 on your paycheck, I don't think you would call it complete.

Take it from an occultist... we are very anal about our symbols, if there was some sort of occult reason to put a pentagram in the Washington streets it would be damn near perfect.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join