It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO filmed over Eucador 9th Sept '95 Strange looking Craft-VID

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Found this one which i haven't seen before, does anyone know anything more about this, looks impressive, and the shape of the craft is not from this earth it seems.

Have any of you lot seen this one before?
Thoughts Comments

www.galactic.to...

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Yeah, I've seen that video before, I thought it was really weird ... I mean, it can't be explained as a plane or a natural phenomena ... the shape and it's movement say it all. Well, good find to say the least,

Farewell.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Ive seen a few similar videos where spherical lights are seen in a circle, as if one craft, which i think was proven a fake.

But this one is indeed strange, can not be explained as plane, bird, swamp gas, flares, bird, balloons.

Either its been cleverly filmed to look real, or CGI.

Notice the light that emanates downwards from the bottom.

Would be nice to know the story behind this one.

d1k

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Isn't that the video that was filmed in Canada somewhere where it actually touched down and landed? I think it is, theres a longer video and tons of pictures all over the net about that incident.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Any help would be appreciated, landed??
The video in it self is impressive, id love to hear more.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I believe it was later determined to be a hot air balloon gas bag of some sort, lit from the inside by the flame making it float. You can see the similarity in the lighting with these obvious balloons:

Of course, these have the big flames going. With the little flame, at night, mostly what you see is the point-down cone part.

Anyway, that's probably what it is. Unless it's Brain Suckers from Beyond the Moon!

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I hate to debunk this one but it's better to know the facts.

The Ecuador ufo was proven to be a hot air balloon very common in Latin America.
These special balloons are made for religious festivities with these characteristics, small lights around and sometimes even larger lights.

The number of " candles " around depends of the maker himself as well as the size.
The big flame in the middle is the one that provides propulsion. Most of the times
these balloons are released at night during the church's festivity and at certain altitude gave that impression of a ufo craft.

I don't know who made the original designs of these particular type of balloons neither the purpose of the small lights around but they are very popular.

I uploaded an image of one of these hot air balloons photographed during the annual religious festivity in Merida Yucatán, Mexico.

i75.photobucket.com...

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Its good to debunk these things, sort the wheat from the chaff.
Guess ill keep looking

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Good debunking. That does look like a balloon with lights.
Has anyone debunked this video I got off a Mexican TV network? There are two UFO's that fly at an angle that demonstrate light anomaly and electrical properties.
They seem to also morph in shape.
The person zooms in and gets some nice close up shots before it fades away at distance behind some buildings. One even shoots out what looks like sparks to it's left in a half circle pattern. I can't find any video of this on the internet.

It seems to mach the SOM 1-01 Manual description and illustration of an Ovoid or circular shape craft:

SOM 1-01 Operations Manual description:

c. Ovoid or circular shape. This type of craft is described as being shaped like an ice cream cone, being rounded at the large end and tapering to a near-point at the other end. They are approximately 30-40 feet long and the thick end diameter is approximately 20 per cent of the length. There is an extremely bright light at the pointed end, and this craft usually travels point down. They can appear to be any shape from round to cylindrical, depending upon the angle of observation. Often sightings of this type of craft are elliptical craft seen at an inclined angle or edge-on.

There have also been many reports of cone shaped UFO's w/ lights that mach the "Ovoid or circular shape" SOM 1-01 description form the National UFO Reporting Center:

www.nuforc.org...

9/4/05 22:58
Wichita
KS
Cone
2 minutes
Cone-shaped light that changes colors
9/15/05

6/7/05 19:45
Russell
KS
Cone
25 MINUTES
WHEN I WAS COMING THROUGH TOWN I SAW A HUGE CONE UFO RED PECULIAR LIGHTS OVER RUSSELL KANSAS.
12/16/05

10/6/04 17:57
Ticknall (near Derby) (UK/England)

Cone
40 Secs
Cone shaped object with lights appearing to hover in the distance
11/9/04

8/25/03 00:30
Maumee
OH
Cone
0040am
cone shape with lights
8/28/0

8/19/03 21:00
Chandler
AZ
Cone
several minutes
Ice cream cone shaped craft seen for several minutes in neighborhood. 3 lights in triangle shape on bottom. Spotlight beam. No sound
8/28/03

10/12/02 13:50
Leeman (Australia)

Cone
Cone shaped, with 4 huge lights and one at the point of the cone, shot fire balls
12/23/0

3/27/02 19:50
Nottingham (UK/England)

Cone
30 seconds
Single large cone shaped flying object with red and yellow flashing lights around the base.

"an upside down cone with a light at the top. I said what is that? My husband said maybe its a UFO. The light at the top was very bright and seemed to shine down and fan out but only a short distance under the bright light."

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Yeah moog synthtezizer (nice name ). The second image you mentioned correspond to the 2004 Merida UFO Footage
that later was discovered it was the balloon released during the religious festivity.

It's the same I uploaded in my post. I think there are three more videos of this kind also from Yucatan with similar characteristics and most probably are also
the same kind of ballooon.

This information was presented on the mexican television sometime ago.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
Yeah moog synthtezizer (nice name ). The second image you mentioned correspond to the 2004 Merida UFO Footage
that later was discovered it was the balloon released during the religious festivity.

Thanks free_spirit. I can't find any info on the 2004 Merida religious festival balloon hoax. I did find another ATS thread about the second image I posed:

Very impressive ufo footage - Merida, Yucatan - October 2004

Looking at the video of the UFO it changes shape, the light anomaly and movement changes and doesn't seem consistent with a balloon/ light candles pushed by the wind.

Image examples of the UFO's light properties changing:

Also I found more Merida UFO photographs w/ another pair of light anomaly UFO's:

www.ufoinfo.com...

ufocasebook.com...

Photographs by Emilio Cetz Aguiar, director of the S.I.R.I.O. in Mérida, Yucatán, México.

[edit on 17-5-2006 by moog synthesizer]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I must say that these cases, the Ecuador ufo video and the Yucatan videos were not exposed as hoaxes, that is deliberately made hoaxes but missunderstanding
or confusion by the witnesses who thought the objects were ufos.

We must distinguish the difference among a hoax and a missunderstanding because that reflects the witness intention. Through the years there has been a lot of misunderstood ufo sightings. Sometimes these sightings were proven to be mundane objects and sometimes not.

Any person may be fooled by a mundane sighting at any moment and we must give him the right to reconsider and accept the veredict if the investigation concludes with hard evidence that it's not a real ufo.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   

We must distinguish the difference among a hoax and a missunderstanding.

Right, either way I need to see an article or reference to the 2004 Merida UFO exposing it as a missunderstanding. The photo you posted does not look the same. There could be the possibility that the city may be recreating UFO's they have witnessed over time.
Merida, Yucatan seems to be a hotbed of UFO activity.

Originally posted by free_spiritI don't know who made the original designs of these particular type of balloons neither the purpose of the small lights around but they are very popular.

Good point.

[edit on 17-5-2006 by moog synthesizer]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
THE CUFONSM 1952 CIA UFO-RELATED DOCUMENT SAMPLER

The moon or a bright planet shining through a cloud hole at times does appear as a "flaming object."  Other "explainable" misinterpretations which are known to have accounted for reports of sightings include a wide variety of objects.  Windblown objects is one.  Such an incident was reported by the U.S. Consul at Merida, Yucatan, Mexico.  here is his actual report:

"At about 2:00 p.m. last Sunday, I observed a silvery, shining, disc-like object floating in the clear, blue sky almost directly overhead, traveling in a northwesterly direction.  I believed that the object was a flying disc and was about to run into the house and fetch my concern when I noticed that the object was below the level of some vultures maneuvering at a great height.  this proved to me that the disc-like object was considerably smaller than a vulture.  During the course of two hours I saw a total of three of these objects, all going in the same direction, but at times appearing to be stationary.  Later in the afternoon I found one of these 'discs' on my front lawn.  It was a seed enclosed in a fluffy mass of silken fiber . . . . Had it not been for the soaring birds and my curiosity, I would undoubtedly have reported that I had seen several 'flying discs'. . . .  I am enclosing the 'flying disc' which I captured...in my front yard."

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I have just one question about the debunking of this video. Where is the balloon? The two nighttime balloon pics you showed you can clearly see the balloons but on the video there is not a hint of one to be seen. Maybe the video was touched up but then it wouldn't be a misunderstanding but a fraud.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatAncientWhiteDragon
I have just one question about the debunking of this video. Where is the balloon? The two nighttime balloon pics you showed you can clearly see the balloons but on the video there is not a hint of one to be seen. Maybe the video was touched up but then it wouldn't be a misunderstanding but a fraud.

Of course not all these kind of balloons are identical. Similar characteristics but
variations among them. The Ecuador UFO shape seems to fit in this kind of
specific balloon and that's why most ufologists concluded this is a hot air balloon.

However there is always a certain percentage of doubt that remains. More hard
evidence is required to establish this object was a UFO or a balloon. I will try to
get more information on the Yucatan videos.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Of course not all these kind of balloons are identical. Similar characteristics but
variations among them. The Ecuador UFO shape seems to fit in this kind of
specific balloon and that's why most ufologists concluded this is a hot air balloon.

However there is always a certain percentage of doubt that remains. More hard
evidence is required to establish this object was a UFO or a balloon. I will try to
get more information on the Yucatan videos.

I need another source confirming the UFO's on the video were just a balloon missunderstanding.
ATS comes up a lot on google searches.
So this place could be used as disinformation to trash UFO cases.

CURIOSITY OVER LIGHTS IN THE SKY

Source: El Diario de Yucatan
Date: July 5, 2004

"the lights that move and then remain still before continuing their journey."

This behaviour is also true with the UFO's on the video.
And they do not start out as a circle formation of lights underneath a balloon with a flame. You can also see the UFO's are inclined at an angle similar to what is described in the SOM 1-01 Manual on ovoid craft and they demonstarte different light anomaly as they travel.
When the person zooms in while onr of the UFO's is stationary I see it shoot out sparks it completely lights up at times.

I have not dowloaded this zip file but it should be the same video as the image libk above:

cosmic.consciousness.free.fr...

merida2004.zip 05-Mar-2006 22:15 25.8M

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
The CIA has had interest in the Merida UFO sightings for some time as you can see from the "The CUFON 1952 CIA UFO-Related Documents Sampler, Part 1 of 2" declassified documents.

And:

UFOS OVER YUCATAN PENINSULA

"28 years ago, the Central Intelligence Agency of the United States (CIA) recorded the manifestation of UFOs some 28 years ago in the skies over Merida, according to a recently declassified report by said agency.

In 1976, Robert S. Ashford, the U.S. consul in Merida, reported to the Department of State, and in turn, State apprised the CIA, of the apparition of UFOs in the sky."

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
[edit on 18-5-2006 by Liamoville]

top topics

join