It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What comes after Halo 3?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Does anyone know what will happen after halo 3? I have been hearing reports that Halo 3 is the last halo game in the Seris! What is going to come next? The seris is still very popular! Will they make a game from the Forerunners perspective? Does anyone have any awnsers to any of my questions?

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well, I guess no one cares about halo then. This angers me. :bnghd:
:bash:

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
what's after halo 3???

a whole bunch of flash film makers and fan fiction writers work their magic

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I personally hope Halo3 is the last Halo game, Halo2 was largely disappointing for me and the last Halo book was basically the game. It is however the only game I can think of that has weaved a whole world of 'conspriacy' and theories across different medi formats, which I've enjoyed hunting down and trying to work out

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Halo 4?

Couldn't resist.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
ahhh jack of blades I was about to say that

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Most likely Halo4 then 5 then 6 then 7 then 8 then 9 then 10 then 11 then 12 then 13 then 14 then 15 then 16 then 17 tehn 18 then 19 then 20 then 21 then 22 then 23 then 24 then 25 then 26 then 27 then 28.

Each one will have improved graphics and apparently amazing action but it will really be the same game over again wtha storyline written by a pair of mating chimps.
Wow im gonna get bashed now arent I.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Bungie said Halo 3 is "likely" the last in the Halo series. However, they won't say anything definitive.

Now, I see them conituning some game that takes place in the established Halo universe. Could take place in the past, could take place in the future, who knows?

It's a bad business move for Bungie and Microsoft to abandon the universe they've worked os hard to create. Lack of innovation aisde, Halo is now a 500 pound gorilla in the FPS landscape.

It's perfectly possible for a FPS MMORPG of some sort. Imagine all the posbilities. Set something up more along the lines of what Phantasy Star Online was like, instead of what WoW is, could be a winner, could suck big time, who knows.

-O

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Personally I would love to see a new Marathon sequel.. The game that predates Halo. It was way cooler.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It's my understanding that Marathon takes place in the same universe as Halo does, just in the past a bit.

I think I read this in some interview with one of the guys at Bungie or whatnot.

-O

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
They will come up with something else. I hope

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Halo 3 is the ending to that story arc. So basically we could see other Halo games just with a different story arc and probably diff characters.

the Master Chief is to Xbox as Mario is to nintendo and sonic was to the genesis. He IS the icon of the whole system. So dumping those games would be utterly stupid.. now am I saying we are gonna see a slew of games like Halo Tennis, and Halo Kart? probably not. But I'm sure we will see more either FPS or perhaps an RPG/Action-Adventure game... or perhaps a clever blend of the 2 or 3. Like mentioned before... a FPS with RPG elements would be pretty awesome if done right.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Like everyone else has been saying, Halo 3 is Most likely the end of the series...The movie, Due out in 2007, will probably produce a sequel or prequel or what not. The books will continue on and such. Its also been speculation that Bungie was going to make SEVEN(7) halo games, for all the Seven halos in the universe/galaxy they were in. But lets get real, who would ruin a great franchise by making seven games? Well mortal combat did go downhill, along with some others...But IMHO, Halo 3 is the last installment...

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGuirk
Like mentioned before... a FPS with RPG elements would be pretty awesome if done right.

Check out the "DeusEx" series...Those games rocked

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
IT is going to be the last game.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
What are the Marathon games about? Are they related to the Halo story at all? Maybe they wil make a game from the point of view of a Grunt

[edit on 8/1/2006 by The_Time_is_now]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by crookedblue
ahhh jack of blades I was about to say that

ahh crookedblue I was about to say that

(god that is difficult to type in the dark....)

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Time_is_now
What are the Marathon games about? Are they related to the Halo story at all? Maybe they wil make a game from the point of view of a Grunt

Marathon predates halo by many years, and we actually got a trilogy of it. It is set in a similar universe to halo, but it is NOT the same.

For more information about Marathon, check this site out. At the bottom in the left navigation bar is a discussion of Marathon vs. halo.

Marathon has recently become free, and there is an active Open Source group working on improving the game (Aleph One project). The Marathon games can freely and legally be downloaded here, and there is also a link to A1 so you can use it on newer computers, Mac and Windows alike.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   

SR

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The whole premise of Marathon if tweaked and updated a little can be used to make sequels to the Halo series.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join