It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What comes after Halo 3?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Halo 3 is alright...nothing special though...much better games out there on the 360

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 1-6-2008 by laiguana]

SR

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I'm eargerly waiting to play Quake Wars when i recieve it later today. Although i loved Halo sometimes the bright lasers and 100 feet jumps took alot away from it's multiplayer.

Although the concept of Halo was never original it was well executed as a concept. It wasn't a case of people falling for the huge hype machine surrounding it because otherwise there wouldn't of been three of them

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
COD4. I was big into Halo, but after playing COD4, I haven't touched it sense.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Halo Wars and the Halo Movie

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by The Big O

i do believe they are the same game, this is just a rumor though, halo came first though

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
To answer the OPs qestion more half-life comes after Halo
.... na seriously thou... arnt they making a move or something like that?

Never really got into halo as you can probably tell lol.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

the movie has been scrapped, was scrapped two years ago

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
wow, was it really that long ago. Oh well, Im sure they will make something haloish for all the halo fans out there.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

it turns out that it was a script debate, it was promised to two different companies, when its is sorted out, movie will be made

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Yea, the Halo moive never got going...

Halo 3 online didnt stick...

COD4 is a far better game....

I think that Halo 1 CE was the best. I still play it, 1v1 system link... that game is the game that made Xbox... it was by pure chance...

im going to do a little story telling, Back in highschool, i didnt own a xbox when it came out, but like 6 months after it came out, i skipped my AP bio-class, and went to my drama room, and my friend brought his Xbox in... 4 controlers, and Halo... i played the game... i got destroyed, it was all i could think about, the fast pace, the pistol... i keep playing the game, hours would seem like mins... Finnaly i broke, i went, bought a Xbox, 4 controlers, and halo... and so did like 4 other of my closest friends... within a couple weeks, we went from playing 4 players split screen (at school), with only 1 guy that had the game, to having 16 player Lans at each others houses...

Soon people that we had fueded with since middle school, were coming over to play, it got intense, we all got better, i knew dozens of people that bought xboxs and halo because of playing with us, some of the geekest Web Building Kids, Drama Kids, and football kids, everyone got in on Halo 1... There were CTF games that lasted for hours...8v8 ctf, all out, all top-players, all working with urgency...

Everything went down in halo, people made absurd bets, we could run games during school, and during lunch period, me and my buddy could win like 20-50$ a week, just playin $5 2v2 games during lunch... like totaly shadey dealings too, people would Freaking walk up to us and challenge us. Once we were straight up smoking a cig in the old wrestling lockers, and 3 dudes came in and challenged us... it was great, we had 2 tvs set up in the back of the theature... and people could watch us play.... great, until our teacher went pyhsco, (thats normal for all directors before opening week) and we cleared out...

Halo CE is still the best game of them... if you and a couple of friends just want to have fun, playing halo, its Halo1 you want to play, even 4-way split screen is great... Halo 2 and 3, while both great games in thier own right, didnt have the sticking power of Halo 1...

If they rereleased Halo CE, the same as it was, but just added Online multiplayer, it would be the most played game... back in the Day, you could play Halo 1 on the internt over XBC, where you 'tricked' your xbox into thinking it was on LAN, but played thru the internet, and that was fun, back in the day, you could find matches, sometimes it would lag uncontorlably, but the game was playable...

So in answer to your question... what to do after halo 3... back to halo 1... becuase killin the flood never gets old...

Also, Halo CE was good by accident. It was not built for the XBOX, it wasnt a headliner, or anything... it was a MAC game that they had ben building for a while, and decided to swtich the game over to xbox at the last moment. The inclustion of the multiplayer in the release version of Halo CE, was done at the last second. And was left over from the Mac version... the instrucition manuel has 1 page for multiplayer, and its the last one, and the back of the back cover... I would say that the Multiplayer games wasnt well tested, but well made. There are lots of small glitches like backpack reloading, and double-punching, the gernaded can be thrown across evey level, and the exlopotions from these can cause a weapon to fly back to the other side of the level. the pistol is a 3 shot kill weapon, with near unlimited range... they must of just not ever used the pistol, at all... it wasnt even inclided in the Instruction manuel for the first version of the game...

halo 1's graphics and the feel of the game still feel good, even when compared to COD4, this cannot be said for halo 2/3... playing H3 after cod4 is painful, and Halo 2 was just bad with the SMG starting weapon from the start...

Long live Halo CE... for it is the best in the series... i would rather, and still do play Halo CE all the time, LAN with a friend. So try that out.

[edit on 6/8/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

I'll agree with that. The original Halo was far better than any of the others. I had my Xbox linked to my computer and played online through GameSpy. I wish Bungie would release Halo 1 with Live supports. I'd buy it today.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWilliams I wish Bungie would release Halo 1 with Live supports. I'd buy it today.

If they had Halo CE with live support, they could charge $60 and i would still buy it.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
marathon is after halo 3, it 250 years after halo 3. so when you play Marathon, you are playing halo, basically. but actually Halo is marathon, but Microsoft bought Bungie so they couldn't call it Marathon now could they?

JbT

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I dont know where the story would go now.

All has been done.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join