It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa vid of UFO's 'feeding' off Earth lightening!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This is a good vid, which as probably been shown before, but may not have as I did a search and nothing came up, of UFO's apparently getting thier energy from storms on Earth. Makes sense to me!

video.google.com...

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It was pretty sweet although i wished the video quality could have been better i thought it was cool.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
seen it, but that's the longest i've seen. It's still good. It sems like ufos like lightening and water, maybe they don't have it.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Very impressive indeed.
I suppose by the govrnment standard's "This did'nt actually happen" either!

Good video, and very nice find...

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
These two scenes are from the STS - 80 Shuttle mission. The first scene is referred to as the STS - 80 " Formation over Africa".

I've never heard of the video the clip referred to , but this is from Martin Stubbs NASA Select T.V. Video Archive , and featured on the Video "The Secret NASA Transmissions 'Smoking Gun' " with David Sereda.

You can also go to www.projectprove.com... and see Jeff Challenders NASA Select T.V. Video archive. Or check out Jeff Challenders ATS Thread.

STS-107 - The Dark Object

[edit on 11-5-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Watching the lightning was cool, but I never saw a UFO.
I saw meteors, but nothing like you described, am I missing something?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
How do you determine the size of the UFO as being 1.5 miles across (as mentioned in the video) when there is no reference point to establish distance from the observer?

It could have been a speck of debris 5m away from the shuttle.....

Good cloud-cloud lightning as seen from space though

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Speck of dust?

Ok, discounting the large luminous orb, what about the circular formation formed?
Ice crystals? dust? atmospheric conditions or the possibility there might be life out there apart from us?!

What a thought.

Ive seen the whole documentary "space secrets" very good too.

And feeding off electromagnetic storms seems very plausible.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Nice find

Why did they put dodgey music on the video though, makes it seem odd

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Hello

Two great videos here. Are the comments of the video from Nick Pope ? i think it's his voice but i'm not certain.

btw be sure to check the huge thread about this circular ufo formation right here :

THE STS-80 Formation over Africa

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
NASA states that the images you see like that are ICE CRYSTALS LOl
I have seen many videos like this

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Didn't realise there was a commentary to it as well! (I never have my speakers turned on
)

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Great video. Thank you for posting this. Ive seen the first part befor but not the second. Very interesting footage to say the least.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
A thought that occured to me was that, if indeed they do derive power from the lightening all they would have to do is detect where it is taking place in the Universe, and then like killing two birds with one stone (assumption), where there is lightening there is usually liquid water which usually means lifeforms may be present, therefore supports life.
So they are finding an energy source and life suitable planets.

I would assume the hydrological cycle is needed to produce lightening as well as support life cycles.
So I assume, find lightning, perhaps find conditions for life.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
My opinion is that this particular thing at the start of the video was near field crud

But the one with the circle of blinking dots hovering over the earth is very fascinating.

Do you guys know about Sprites?

Sprite Science
Animation

No, not the little fairy people, I'm talking about the ionospheric event named after them.

I'm not claiming the formation objects are sprites, those are totally different phenomena. But if we or aliens wanted to tap energy, I think that sprites would be an excellent place to look.

Anyway, just another bt of atmosphereic physics to add to the conversation.

THere are some weird things going on up there. These point like things make formations (as seen in the STS video) and also circle the broken tether (as seen in the STS video.)

eidt: Looking at it again, I have no idea why what I descirbe as the intial "near field crud" (the ghost donut) clearly moves away from the camera in perspective. Do near field effects do that? I don't know. I'm going to have to do more experiments with a camera to figure out whether near field effects can even do that.

Anyway, for my money, I currently separate what I still believe might be near field crud from the fascinating very bright lights that form over Africa.

[edit on 12-5-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ok, I am soooo slow.

Its pretty clear that the object is out of focus as it comes form behind the space shuttle and then as it moves off into the distance, falls into formation with the other objects.

Holy cow.

So it starts out as near field crud and ends up sitting in formation with other objects over the earth's atmosphere.

Absolutely amazing.

I just saw "gun smoke", and I have stared at this video many times before.

Thanks to the narrator for clarifying this for me.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
How do you determine the size of the UFO as being 1.5 miles across (as mentioned in the video) when there is no reference point to establish distance from the observer?

It could have been a speck of debris 5m away from the shuttle.....

Yeah I wondered that. Maybe it was refered to in another part of the video we didnt get to see. But it seems to make sooo much sense that ufos get energy from storms.

After buzzing light years across the universe/galaxy you got to refuel somewhere right? Though there must be countless high voltage sources in the galaxy why come here? Just spassing by? Maybe thats why there is more ufo activity when nuclear tests are carried out, they come to the energy source?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I showed some of this to my wife, and we discussed another possibility.

I'm not posing this as some definitive explanation, just suggesting that we find a way to determine if it is a possibility or not. I'm going to think if I can come up with a way to dismiss this possibility.

If this was a large collection of mini-garbage in a configuration such that some of it comes from under the shuttle and other bits from above the shuttle, when it all gets many kilometers away, it looks like a circle, but in fact the objects aren't on a plane, just like a constellations appear to us like they are on a spherical surface but are in fact distributed contain stars at various distances and luminosities.

just a thought. Gonna see if I can find a way to determine otherwise.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
How do you determine the size of the UFO as being 1.5 miles across (as mentioned in the video) when there is no reference point to establish distance from the observer.

I would assume that they judge the object in relation to the cloud level and the known size of land masses on earth.
I assume they use some sort of triangular distance calculations to come to that figure.
What I mean is if you know how tall a wall is and there is someone standing 10 feet (as in cloud height above) in front of it, you can calculate the persons height if you know the height of the wall, even though you can CRUSH them with your fingers (I am crushing your head...kids in the hall) anyway if the person can fit between your thumb and forefinger, if you know your distance and the persons distance from the wall, you can calculate their height that way.
I am not sure exactly how to calculate that right now, but I think I am somehow correct

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The formation video is the best video Ive seen when it comes to evidence of UFOS. I just dont see any possible way you could explain it away as something natural. Plus its filmed by NASA so that rules out hoax.

I just wonder if they are filming ETs or if its some countries secret space program in action.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join