It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time For The Next Midwest ATS Get Together!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well, it's time for some ATSers in the midwest to get together and make fun of all those ATSers who don't have what it takes to live in the midwest! CmdrKeenKid held one in Michigan, and even posted pictures here and here

We're going to be having it on July 15th (a Saturday). If you don't want to drive home that night or are traveling far, U2U me for lodging options. We'll be meeting just north of Chicago.

So why should you come to this ATS Get Together? Many reasons!
Pool
Hot tub
Lake w/ boats
Pool table
Big ol' television with an entertaining conspiracy documentary to watch
Standup arcade console w/ every game released for MAME as of 6 months ago, with the option to download any new ones as well
Yard

So, obviously, there's a lot to be doing! However, all that is well and good, but there is one huge reason to come:

CmdrKeenKid will be there, and you can finally punch him for moving/closing your thread!

Who's coming as of posting this:
JungleJake
CmdrKeenKid
SpittinCobra
Mirthful Me (maybe)

So who wants to party!? If you're interested, post on this thread so other folks know you're going to be coming and send me a U2U to get a Map Quest link to the location.

[edit on 5/9/06/09 by junglejake]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
CmdrKeenKid will be there, and you can finally punch him for moving/closing your thread!

You dork...

Also, is it BYOTFH?

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Did i miss the location...
or is it at the same place?

If so, then we need to have a lower midwest ATS get together also...

Michigan is just too far north...

What about Oklahoma, texas, NM, Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, colorado, and LA?
Us lower mid states need a get together as well...

Can I pander for a lower state get together on this as well, or are you going to make me start my own thread?

[edit on 9-5-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
No, it seems The JJ just had a brainfart and didn't post the location...

It's at his place, just north of Chicagoland.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
No, it seems The JJ just had a brainfart and didn't post the location...

It's at his place, just north of Chicagoland.

Yeah, my brain's a stinky place to live. I did include that...Just left it off of to retype after I lost the original post to a mis-click.

Just north of Chicago, about 15 miles. Specific directions can be U2Ued, but I don't really feel like publishing my addy online today

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well i love the idea, but the drive is too far for me...

Anyone up for a lower state get together? nice central location, like arkansas, or New mexico? anyone, anyone? Bueller?

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I was at the ATS Michigan meet and can attest to the fun had by all (plus the never ending giggles via photographic evidence). It's a good opportunity to get together, meet your fellow ATS'ers, and give a host of state, local, federal and world organizations to descend upon Illinois for a weekend of surveillance.

An interesting aside regarding the ATS Michigan meet, seven people attended, out of seven, three are now moderators, two are FSME's, two were on the original ATS Council (as staff), and one was accidentally made an Administrator, then banned (there's always one).

Mid West Monkeys, not just for rows of corn anymore...

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

That's why, unlike other hosts, we offer lodging this time around! U2U me for details if you'd be willing to make the drive over two days.

Anyone up for a lower state get together? nice central location, like arkansas, or New mexico? anyone, anyone? Bueller?

GET YOUR OWN THREAD

[edit on 5/9/06/09 by junglejake]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
How are the skies? Pretty crappy, I'm guessing, since you're only 15 miles away from Chicagoland... Would it be worth me bringing a scope?

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I am intent on assembling the Cancukistanian horde to descend upon Chi-town, to show y'all how we roll. Any others interested?

DE

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
How are the skies? Pretty crappy, I'm guessing, since you're only 15 miles away from Chicagoland... Would it be worth me bringing a scope?

You could bring one; we have one as well, but no compas to align it to enable that new fandangled computer finder thing to work. The skies are pretty miserable, between Chicago and North Chicago's lights, but you can see stuff. I saw that impact on the moon from my porch, after all

Deus, you're bringing all of Canadia down for this?! Sweet!

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If you take I-94 to Chicago (which you more than likely would) let me know. You'll be passing by my place (about a mile away from it, litterally) and you could stop here for some grub. It's another 4 hours to Chicagoland from here, so would make a nice halfway stop. Then we could caravan the rest of the way.

junglejake

I'll bring my 12" Schmidt-Cass... Should be a good time for viewing Jupiter. I'd bring the 18" dob, but that would mean towing a trailer. Don't think I'll be up for that.

[edit on 5/9/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

I'm in if you get something together, Laz!

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Thanks Val,
If anyone else is interested in a southern version of the same, (on different weekends of course, for those that would attend both)

reply here: Southern states ATS meet?

thanks guys, for allowing me to link here...

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Let's see some more interest in this!!

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Give a little bump. Give a little bump to my thread right here. Now's the time that we need to meet, so type a post and feel elite.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
MM is out, as he's heading back to Cali already. Too bad for that.

Offer still stands for anyone coming from the East to stop off at my place for rest, bathroom, and some foodstuffs. Also, anyone from MI that want to carpool can hitch a ride too (for a small fee of helping out with gas, of course).

[edit on 5/15/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Sounds awesome Jungle Jake--July 15 is still a long time from now, but I live in Brookfield (not the zoo, the town) so I can hopefully make it. Approximately where in the northern suburbs are you at? PM me if you want. This looks like it will be a fun time! Hopefully I will attend, but for now I'm not positive.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
That's awesome if you'd be there! It'll be four of us!

If you've got a a BBQ JJ, I can bring some ribs to make for our dining pleasure!

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
BBQ we Dew! Wew-hew! We'd love it if ya could make it, Liquidus! I'm in the Vernon Hills, Libertyville, Mundelein area, just south of Gurnee, so not too far from where y'all are at.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join