It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Story, Shadow Person?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
As a child I was very explorative and would spend most of my time going around the neighbourhood, playing in woods with friends (making camps etc)

Anyway I was 12 years old when myself and my younger brother were walking home from a night out with our family. We just walked through some deep woods and came out onto a road. The area is very familiar to me. Anyway as we got to the top of the footpath I suggested to my parents that me and my brother walk one way home and they walk the other way, to see who gets home the quickest. The time was approximately between 9-10pm and the walk home was approximately another 5 minutes from this place. The residential estate was dark but was lit up relatively well with street lighting. Anyway they reluctantly agreed so as they set off through the housing estate to our house me and my brother began to walk along the main road towards our house.

At this time I was completely calm, relaxed and laughing with my brother. Anyway in mid conversation, I turned and looked across the road and as I did a figure rose from from behind a bush. Although it was dark I could clearly make out the head and shoulders, but the figure was completely black. The figure slowly rose and just kept still. As I observed it with my brother we both stood there looking at it. The figure continued to stand still completely motionless. While I stared at it an uncontrollable fear took over my body. My brother broke down in tears. I turned to my brother and shouted run, I dare not look back. As we ran home we continued to uncontrollably cry, I was a shivering wreck.

My parents were thankfully in the house and could clearly see myself and my brother were extremely shaken up. Till this day I will remember that feeling of uncontrollable fear and vulnerability.

Now what makes me think this was a something beyond a human was two reasons;

1: As a child I was very adventorous and was rarely scared. Looking at the black figure absolutely terrified myself.

The weirdest part:

2: The bush itself is approximately 2ft high while the footpath rose behind it. I was almost looking up at this being as there is a slight verge rising from the road, whereby the bush is near the top at the footpath is behind it (the highest point). The figure was certainly built like a man. Now as I turned I saw the figure rise from a crouching position, as if he was bending down on his knees. Now how can a human man crouch behind a bush only 2ft high? He would surely have to lie down?

The figure never flinched, never turned its head. It simply "rose" from the bush and froze. While I was observing the figure with my brother we continued to walk but his head didnt turn, just starred at our original position from where we saw it.

Any more information needed Ill try to include. Im 19 years old now and the memory of that night stands very clearly in my mind. Me and my brother both have exactly the same memory of events, and still feel terrified when talking about it. Recently Ive been experiencing a lot of dejavu linked to recent dreams Ive been having. Anyway last night was my first "nightmare" where I recalled this figure. I have never had a bad dream since about this figure and rarely think about it. I've came across this forum this morning and only thought about posting this story this morning aswell.

Any help would be appreciated,

Lee

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
When I read your story it reminded me of an experience from my youth as well. Like you, my younger brother and I used to play a lot outside in the neighborhood woods. I remember one day when we were very young, I think it was a year or 2 after we saw the movie ET. We were all on our friends back step carving sticks (we used to play war games and pretend we had swords.) when I looked up into the woods where our fort was and I saw a humanoid creature. Looked like a "mudman". Brown wrinkled skin. It had 2 black holes for eyes and 1 for a mouth all the same size. The fort was at the top of a hill in the woods. When I told my friends what I saw we all gathered up our sticks and went cautiously up the hill. When we got to the fort there was nothing there. We did however believe we found a 3 toed footprint. For some reason we were all scared. We ran home and told my mother about it and I remember her saying she thought we saw an otter or something. LOL! There are no otters where we lived. I also remember drawing pictures of it. On a differnt occasion I remember sitting in my backyard looking into the trees and convincing myself that I saw a native man with war paint in the woods.
Since we were so young and I know that I have an over active imagination, I believe that is all these experiences were. I know this is a bit different from your story but do you think the shadow man could have been some other object that in the dark looked like a man's upper body (maybe you were tired at that hour being young) and when your fear took over in your imagination thing became real?

Anyway I gotta run.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I'm positively sure I turned around and actually saw the figure stand up from behind the bush. My fear took over when I continued to stare at it and it didnt move.

The lighting was good enough to see the outline of the figure and taken account of the street lights along the road, even though the footpath was about 10ft back away it was hugely weird that all we can see was the blackness of this figure.

Like I said, although I was young the memory of the figure was extremely clear. The neighbourhood was a very friendly environment and I was a very adventorous kid.

It was something about the lack of movement and stillness of the dark figure which terrified me.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Well it sounds pretty scary. Guess it wasn't another person from the neighborhood? It is amazing what you can convince yourself of when you are a scared kid though.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
My neighbourhood I grew up in was a very safe environment. Like I mentioned before I was an adventorous kid so I didnt fright that easily.

More so was the fact that I only began to grow in fear after I continually looked at the figure.

Me and my brother cannot explain to this day what that figure was.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Kolo,

A very interesting story. I grew up in a heavily wooded area, now its all pretty developed. As a child I was always in the woods all times of the day and night. I guess thats why I have a great love of the outdoors and started to do a lot of backpacking and camping.

Maybe you should go back to that place - to face your fear - if you will. Near wear I grew up we had a "person" who lived in the woods. When they began to develope that area, he was "relocated" by police. I don't know whatever became of him.

My point, go back to that place, look for any evidence of someone living there. Maybe you saw a person who was stunned to see other people and he didn't want to scare you guys so he didn't move.

Don't let this one event move you to the point that it consumes your life.

Good luck.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hello kolo_heights.

It does sound like you and your brother have had an experience with a shadow person.

It is kind of tricky though when dealing with wooded areas especially at night. The bushes and trees can form some interesting shadows. Just like how a small child in his own bedroom will see a monster when all he is really seeing is a jacket on a chair.

But in your case going by you and your brothers reaction I think it was likely you had seen what you think you saw.

If you like, you can check out tinWiki's Shadow people page.
tinwiki.org...

There is some information and a few links there.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Alien between the tree?

This clip is a perfect example of how your mind can see things even though its just light reflection, shadows and tree branches.

Watch this video a couple of times (it took me) and you can make out the shape of a typical grey alien between the 2 big tree trunks. (Round head, 2 dark eyes, small skinny body.) It reminds me of my mudman sighting. It was just my eyes playing tricks on me.

I know seeing a shadow person is a different sitiuation but this clip really reminded me of my story.

[edit on 5/12/2006 by librasleep]

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Here are 2 pics i circled what I am talking about.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies

Just to clarify on my experience the enviroment wasnt in woods where I saw the shadow person. The figure appeared behind a small bush across a main road in reasonable lighting (it was dark but street lighting kept the area relatively well lit). Behind it was a neighbours fence so I couldnt have got confused with other trees and vegetation

The figure I saw was hunched. I remember it standing up then freezing in its position.

Heres a lame drawing of the figure:

Anyway i have passed the site many times but every time I pass I still feel very uncomfortable.

There was certainly something behind that bush. Whether it was just some creepy man or figure Im not sure, but the fact that the figure stood up from a crouched postion (when the bush was only 1ft heigh so it seeminly "rose" from the ground) and it completely stayed still makes me believe we saw something more then human.

Im not consumed in it, but it has always interested me how one figure could scare me so much. The similarites with my story and experiences with the links you've supplied are frightening.

[edit on 12-5-2006 by kolo_heights]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
hhmm a 1 foot bush?
well i am 6 foot 1 inches tall and i can hide behind a bush laying down of course and i can be wearing my ninja outfit to give me a very back image but i am not saying you saw a human, i believe that you saw a shadow person i mean even i see them in my own house and they are terrifying absolutely terrifying i now carry my swords around because of them i think they are going to kill me some how. my brother even sees them

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
What's remarkable about your story that lets me know your experience is probably legitimate, is that the shadow uncoiled/manifested from a place too small to initially contain it... and that it turned completely motionless afterward.

I've had similar experiences of my own, the only exception is that I wasn't instilled with the fear you've described. But then again I wasn't such a young age either, my most recent shadow people sightings were only a few years ago. After some brief motion, they freeze as still as a painting, just as you've described.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
You are all lucky they didn't kill you on the spot. Xanatosians like to do that.

new topics

top topics

join