It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Jazeera Airs New Bin Laden Tape

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Saturday, October 18, 2003

CAIRO, Egypt � Arabic satellite news station Al-Jazeera (search) on Saturday aired an audio tape of someone purporting to be Usama bin Laden (search), telling U.S. forces to get out of Iraq and urging Arabs to wage a holy war in Iraq.

We, God willing, will continue to fight you and will continue martyrdom (suicide) operations inside and outside the United States until you abandon your oppression and foolish acts," said the text of the tape made available to Reuters.

According to the text, bin Laden vowed more suicide attacks inside the United States and against U.S. targets outside the country. The voice also urges Arabs from neighboring countries "to go wage jihad" against the occupation. He tells young Muslims to "show your muscles."

another motivational speech from coach Osama...

[Edited on 18-10-2003 by Creepy]

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
interesting post

i think some of the tapes r freak so the war on terrorism can continue

[Edited on 18-10-2003 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hurrah!

More fun and laughter from the sheikh, i havent heard the tape but i'm pretty sure its like all the others...blah blah jihad...la la la Western infidels, great satan blah blah blah

This guy needs a good publicist.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
just heard there are two tapes...one for Americans and one for Muslims...if i get the time ill look for links to the transcripts on al jazeera...ill post em here if i can find em

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
CAIRO, Egypt � Arabic satellite news station Al-Jazeera (search) on Saturday aired an audio tape of someone purporting to be Usama bin Laden (search), urging Arabs to wage a holy war against U.S. forces in Iraq and warning of more suicide attacks against U.S. interests inside and outside of America.
"We, God willing, will continue to fight you and will continue martyrdom (suicide) operations inside and outside the United States until you abandon your oppression and foolish acts," the voice on the tape said.

According to the text, bin Laden vowed more suicide attacks inside the United States and against U.S. targets outside the country. The voice also urges Arabs from neighboring countries "to go wage jihad" against the occupation. He tells young Muslims to "show your muscles."

"We call on all Muslims and Iraqis ... beware of working with the American forces. ... Whoever works with them is an infidel," said the speaker in the tape.

U.S. and coalition forces have been under attack almost daily from presumed Saddam Hussein (search) loyalists and other insurgents who have had the help of foreign fighters.

The voice on the tape also urges Iraqis to wage a holy war against what it calls U.S. "crusaders," salutes resistance fighters in Iraq and warns against cooperation with the United States.

The speaker pointed specifically to Britain, Spain, Australia, Holland, Japan and Italy as helping "this unjust war."

"No exception those participating from the countries of the Islamic world, and the Gulf, especially Kuwait," he added.

The audiotape was broadcast over a still photo of bin Laden, dressed in a white robe and Afghan cap.

"I call upon all Muslims, especially Iraqis. I tell them: Do not dare support the crusading American armies and those that ally with them. ... Anyone that aids them, or whatever comes of them, no matter the label, is sacrilegious."

The voice also warned of possible attacks on nations helping the U.S. occupation in Iraq. Washington has been pressing other nations to send troops to help U.S-led forces stabilize Iraq. The U.N. Security Council (search) unanimously approved a resolution this week authorizing more countries to send troops and money to Iraq for reconstruction efforts.

So far, Turkey and South Korea have said they would send troops.

"America is embroiled in the swamps of Tigris and the Euphrates (rivers). America is in real trouble ... it is now screaming for help, from the lowest of people," he said.

President Bush "thought that Iraq and its oil is a big treasure," the voice said. "Now it is in trouble and resorted to buying mercenary fighters from everywhere.

"We reserve the right to respond to the unjust countries that are taking part in this war."

The last time bin Laden's camp was heard from was when Al- Jazeera and Al-Arabiya television networks late last month aired an audio recording attributed to Al Qaeda's No. 2 man, Ayman al-Zawahri (search), who accused the United States of trying to abolish Islam. The CIA concluded that that tape was probably authentic.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Suicide bombings are coming tonight in civilian area's of israel.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   

There is no "under-estimating" Al-Queda here...they are everywhere. It's worthy to note that Musharaff had claimed that Osama was dead and that Al-Queda was not operating in Pakistani territory....here of late he has changed that analysis and know says he now believes Osama is alive.....wonder why the change? Good ole' Pakistan......

ALso worthy of note here, is that the President is "traveling" about........

Osama, according to this latest tape:
"I call upon all Muslims, especially Iraqis. I tell them: Do not dare support the crusading American armies and those that ally with them. ... Anyone that aids them, or whatever comes of them, no matter the label, is sacrilegious."

Reminds me of what was mandated by Muhammed.....Jewish destruction, including Christians alike......

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
and God willing,

He will win!

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
and God willing,

He will win!

*stares at fulcrum with mouth wide open*

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone find it highly suspicious that in these technological times, the only way that Bin Laden can get a message out is through the outdated mode of audio tape?

If Al-Qaeda can afford to buy and obtain weapons you would have thought it entirely within their capabilities to send video messages.
But no, we have to make do with crappy tapes. They tell us that it's Osama but there is no proof!!!

It's all the more suprising when you realise that because of the nature of this group, they rely more on publicity than any other weapon to gain support.

Somebody needs to put old Osama onto a good PR man!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

*stares at fulcrum with mouth wide open*

You really should not..

See my avatar..

Israeli Hovat (US M163? 20mm Vulcan on M113 chasis..)

Go figure..

[Edited on 18-10-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Mmm...cannon
Mmm...hovat
Mmm...jihad

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Mmm...cannon
Mmm...hovat
Mmm...jihad

Yeah?

Im not a UFO hunter..

I obsessed with Military, War Machines and War..

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Full Transcript of the message to Americans can be found here>>>

Usama bin Ladin has issued a message to the American people, broadcast on Saturday on Aljazeera television. A full and exclusive translation follows:

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Maybe this has nothing to do with anything, but I thought his first name was spelled Osama, not Usama. Am I mistaken? Actually I thought one of his sons was named Usama . . .

-P

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Moslem, Muslim

Osama, Usama

Let's call the whole thing off...

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   

# Al-Jazeera

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
And CNN and NBC and CBS and ABC ect.

Al Jazeera may be biased on the Arab side but what do you think American media is?
We need all of the sources we can get in order to find some type of a middle ground that may or may not be the truth.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This sounds eerily similiar to the message UBL gave PRIOR to the attack on the WTC. They are about due to strike back on us at any moment, so be prepared for any news to follow in the next few weeks.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join