It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adderall - ADHD/ADD - The Smart Drug ??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I would not say this makes you "smarter" at all..

I was finally diagnosed with ADHD last year and im 24. Too bad I didnt have this in grade school or I would have my Phd by now, seriously.

What I do think is, it gives the people with ADHD a chance to reach their potential, on the other hand, I can see how it would be abused, cause it does make you "feel good"

I take vyvnase myself, and I get 2x the max daily prescription allowed (140 mg's a day).

One might say this is quite a bit, but thats just what my individual body needs. I feel cheated in a way that I didn't have this earlier in life, but since I have had this I got my life, health, and variable annuity license and am almost done studying for my series 7 all in a span of about 3 months.

I am about able to answer any questions on this subject and I've done quite a bit of research in to this subject.

Id like to also state their is varying kids of ADD/ADHD and its impossible to group all of "us" into one group.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by XTC_savedmyLife]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
after reading through the tread I did a little searching and found the following article and video discussing marijuana use in treating add / adhd.

Do any of the diagnosed add / adhd posters have any experience with cannabis, I would be most interested to read any replies on this.

LNK: pr.cannazine.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ukWolf

My reply to that is cannabis makes me too concentrated on one thing. It may be for a short time, but I can look at something a million ways and see something different each time.

I don't know how it is for others, that's just my perspective.

Edited to say, I suppose it would depend on how much was used at once. Might be worth looking into.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by virraszto]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by janson0202
Doing some research on the web and found that many college students are now taking ADDERALL to aid in their studies. It appears this substance helps to focus attention on their school work as well as increases memory capacity.

Does anyone have experience with this drug and its effects?

I am most interested in hearing form those who use it for this particular purpose.

It is clear it is primarily used to address ADHD/ADD in kids.

However according to a recent news report I saw on FOX or CNN, college students are using it during their studies.

Mod Edit: title

[edit on 10-5-2006 by kinglizard]

I take adderall and have been for the last, almost, 3 years and what is said about it here is the truth.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ukWolf
after reading through the tread I did a little searching and found the following article and video discussing marijuana use in treating add / adhd.

Do any of the diagnosed add / adhd posters have any experience with cannabis, I would be most interested to read any replies on this.

LNK: pr.cannazine.co.uk...

Definately, I had to lay everything out to the addiction psychiatrist to receive these drugs..

But I've done about everything under the sun except for a few, the dr. said that was totally normal (me smoking) and that it was just self medication.

I promised to give that all up (it was a condition of receiving the pills), even though I still partake, I need it I feel like. I know a lot of people might instantly think something negative about that, some wont. I had to quit for 4 months for school last year, so I can do it, but rather just not quit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join