It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the going gets tough how tough are the arab nations.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
You can look at all the statistics you want about how strong the Iraq military was and how Iran is gonna put a hurtin on the US. But in real life how will they stand up to the US and Isreal in a war. We have had a prview from Gulf Wars 1 and 2. The 5th most powerful army could'nt surrender or run fast enough. There is only one battle hardened army in the world now and we all know there is no run or surrender in them.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Sir you seem to have a problem with the Arabs as a people, you seem to be carrying around a personal hatred or something otherwise what is the point of this post. This does not really have anything to do with the current actions and politics in the Terrorist War. Seems to be set up for a pissing contest. The least you could do is put it in a the military section. Or better yet a slug fest.

[edit on 6-5-2006 by NeoQuest]

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
More important is the harm the Iranian army might cause in the nearby regions.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
the arabs arent what they used to be
they are corrupted by money and in my view are the largest cowerds you can get
they cant even stick together (well divide and conquar)
^that my view of their leader's

Iran its self is diffrent since they arent arabs so i doubt they will run for the hills like their neigbours and after what happens to POWS i doubt they will surrender easily like the Ieaqi's

also the Iranians can bite back
they can easilt launch enough missiles to flatten most of Israel )if Israel decide to attack)
and enough missiles to threaten US war ships and troops in the area

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I don't see what is so cowardice about a nation standing up to a nation with superior military tech. The Iraqis did the same thing the Iranians are doing in that respect at least. The question is whether it is smart. When Saddam fought no one was on his side, plus he had to deal with the Superpower. He never had an equal military with America, otherwise Iraq would have been a world superpower and then the current political reality would have been totally different. Retreating from the battle is something you do when your losing. Ask Britain about that in the world wars. They had to retreat and regroup.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Islam can't fight. Even in the middle Ages the ones doing all the fighting were the Jannisaries which were captured slaves. Just look at Iraq- as soon as the first tank reached Baghdad the Republican guard fell on their knees begging for their lives. I wonder why we left this until now instead of after the crusades when we had the edge and could have decimated the Ottoman empire within days or weeks. If this had been done before we would now be enjoying World peace instead of endless Jihad by child killing cowards.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
Islam can't fight. Even in the middle Ages the ones doing all the fighting were the Jannisaries which were captured slaves. Just look at Iraq- as soon as the first tank reached Baghdad the Republican guard fell on their knees begging for their lives. I wonder why we left this until now instead of after the crusades when we had the edge and could have decimated the Ottoman empire within days or weeks. If this had been done before we would now be enjoying World peace instead of endless Jihad by child killing cowards.

1. islam isnt an entity so it cant fight

2. Jihad means struggle(one to better him self and to over come ones inner evil and so forth) it was only used as a holy war twice afgan war and the crusades which saldin called when the crusaders broke the Truce.
3. captured slaves? got any refrence materia to back that up.
4. droped on their knees and begged for their lives i recall reading and watching the news it was the republicans gurds which gave some resistent unlike the normal forces.

child killing cowards? you refering to US forces which killed hundreds and badly mutilated thousends of kids on the first few weeks of the war?
or israeli armed forces when one of their stray bullets kills a palistinian kid?

do some research on the crusades (and i dont mean watching kingdom heaven)

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Wow, you have seriously mixed up the history of the Middle East. But, no surprise, we all know how much of a bigot you are.

First off, there was no "Middle Age" in the Middle East. The Middle Ages only apply to European history.

Second, the Ottomans aren't Arabs, they are Turks.

Third, there were Janissary Muslims too and they didn't comprise the entire army. They weren't even formed until the 14th century, well after the conquests of the previous Arab dynasties. At the beginning they were mostly comprised of slaves, but came to be conscripted from Ottoman lands or as a "blood tax" for being non-Muslim. Many people tried to get their sons conscripted because this way for their sons to become educated and progress socially.

Fourth, the Ottoman Empire didn't form until after the Crusades.

Fifth, let's take a look at the rise of the Ottoman Empire. Clearly, they were powerful...

Before the Ottoman Empire, when the bulk of the spread of Islam took place, Muslims fought and took over areas all over the Middle East, Africa, Asia, even Europe. Your assertion that they "can't fight" doesn't apply to history as evinced by the rapid spread of their religion and the Arab dynasties that occurred with that.

In the present however, I agree the military strength and tactics of many Arab countries in the Middle East is insignificant. The Mujahideen in Afghanistan were pretty tough, but Afghanistan isn't an Arab country either.

[edit on 6-5-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
stupid reply deleate plz

[edit on 6-5-2006 by bodrul]

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
you dont know me so watch the tone (everyone has their view on things) so easy with the personale attacks

Huh? Read my post again, I'm quoting and speaking to Nakash not you.
Nakash is purposely trying to skew Middle Eastern history.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

Huh? Read my post again, I'm quoting and speaking to Nakash not you.
Nakash is purposely trying to skew Middle Eastern history.

just noticed lol
ignore what u read

[edit on 6-5-2006 by bodrul]

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Who cares about the arabs, once they run out of oil they will have no purpose. Then we would have to worry about them. They can just back to living like they did in 14 century. The reason the middle east is important is because of oil, so in a hundred years or so we can just let them go back to killing themselves. The middle east and africa are always killing each other, but we send troops to the middle east.Good at least we get something. I figure they are gonna kill themselves anyway, why send the un in to get killed to. The arabs are one of the dumbest groups of people on the earth. They get all this oil money and they buy 10 private planes , fast cars,etc. I cant wait for 50-60 or even 100 years when they have no oil,no purpose and sense they sent their billions on toys they have no made any plans for what they are going to do when the oil is gone.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortmanx5
Who cares about the arabs, once they run out of oil they will have no purpose.

Obviously, you don't, others do. What's your purpose?

They can just back to living like they did in 14 century.
By this time, the Middle East was more advanced than Europe, but obviously since then, the level of advancement has becomer higher in the West.

they have no made any plans for what they are going to do when the oil is gone.

Unfortunately, neither have most other countries, including the US.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

Originally posted by shortmanx5
Who cares about the arabs, once they run out of oil they will have no purpose.

Obviously, you don't, others do. What's your purpose?

They can just back to living like they did in 14 century.
By this time, the Middle East was more advanced than Europe, but obviously since then, the level of advancement has becomer higher in the West.

they have no made any plans for what they are going to do when the oil is gone.

Unfortunately, neither have most other countries, including the US.

Yea but the usa's sole income is not oil, and pretty much every arab nation oil is there only income. Maybe they were more advandaced, but i doubt it. See they are still stuck in there 14 century mind. Here if you get caught stealing you go to ocurt,etc. there they cut off your hand, they are a primitive people. whenever oil runs which is at the most 100 years , we will have a new fuel my then, and then they can go back to kill eachother.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I skewed nothing Jamuhn, Mohammed was a poor warrior who couldn't even pick a fight with the Ethiopians before he overan Persia which had an extremely feeble minded king. The Turks were quite powerfull, but like I said, their best troops weren't Turks, they were captured prisoners trained for fighting (not Turks or Arabs). In fact, It's ironic that the Turks killed their Jannisaries (their best troops) in Constantinople shortly before their empire fell to pieces after the second attempted invasion of Vienna.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Yea but the usa's sole income is not oil, and pretty much every arab nation oil is there only income. Maybe they were more advandaced, but i doubt it. See they are still stuck in there 14 century mind. Here if you get caught stealing you go to ocurt,etc. there they cut off your hand, they are a primitive people. whenever oil runs which is at the most 100 years , we will have a new fuel my then, and then they can go back to kill eachother.

the sole income of arabs isnt just oil
Dubya(which is running low on oil) and egypt(which doenst trade in oil)
both have turned to tourists which bring in a good income (if you look at what they have done)

on the bright side they have plenty of sand which is used in exapnsion of land and building material i was reading on the news on how that was worth a couple of billion.

just because they trade alot in oil doesnt mean they havent planed for the inevitable

lol at the premative people

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I skewed nothing Jamuhn,

No, you skewed a lot. And continue to do so.

Mohammed was a poor warrior who couldn't even pick a fight with the Ethiopians before he overan Persia which had an extremely feeble minded king.

And yet, despite your opinions, Muhammed and his followers were able to turn into the second largest religion in the world with ~1.3 billion followers. Not to mention at one point controlling the Middle East, northern Africa, Central Asia, parts of Europe as well as parts of far Asia.

The Turks were quite powerfull, but like I said, their best troops weren't Turks, they were captured prisoners trained for fighting (not Turks or Arabs).

The Turkish sultans didn't like using tribal warriors because they were fickle. But, I agree those Janissaries sounded fierce. They were only captured prisoners AT FIRST, then they became a blood tax for non-Muslim communities in the Balkans (and probably Muslim ones as well). Calling them "captured prisoners" is skewing the situation especially in light of the situation the rest of the world was in at that point.

In fact, It's ironic that the Turks killed their Jannisaries (their best troops) in Constantinople shortly before their empire fell to pieces after the second attempted invasion of Vienna.

One of the sultans dispanded them after they tried revolting. You make it sound like they got rid of them when Ottoman power declined after the second battle of vienna. But, the effectiveness of the Janissaries was declining before this. Interestingly, there are some remnants of the Janissaries still in the Turkish army.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

the sole income of arabs isnt just oil
Dubya(which is running low on oil) and egypt(which doenst trade in oil)
both have turned to tourists which bring in a good income (if you look at what they have done)

on the bright side they have plenty of sand which is used in exapnsion of land and building material i was reading on the news on how that was worth a couple of billion.

just because they trade alot in oil doesnt mean they havent planed for the inevitable

lol at the premative people

Thats two countries, are you going to go visit iraq,iran,etc I dont think so, it would be studpid to go visit a countrt like that. They love a chance to kill a white dude. Whats iran going to do, or the sauds. they dont think that far ahead. Yea a couple of billion that will fund the country...nice try. They only have one resource oil. unlike them we have trees,lakes,rivers,etc. HAHA so they are going to sell sand, we have sand here to.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortmanx5 Thats two countries, are you going to go visit iraq,iran,etc. I dont think so, it would be studpid to go visit a countrt like that. They love a chance to kill a white dude.

Well, iraq is in war, so it's not very safe. It's less safe for Iraqis as they are the ones mostly dying, not "white dudes." You must think there are no white people in these countries, and this would be a wrong assumption, as there are journalists, engineers, etc. etc. from all over the world working in these countries. By the way, Iranians aren't Arabs so we are clear on that.

Whats iran going to do, or the sauds. they dont think that far ahead.

Well, Iran is trying to build nuclear power plants, and we see what the US thinks of that.

unlike them we have trees,lakes,rivers,etc.

Really, have you been there? Obviously not, since you stated above that you are scared to go. Here are some pictures of Iran's trees, lakes, and rivers from the Caspian Sea region...

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Soldiers Are No Better Than Their Leaders

In the 1940 invasion of France by Germany, French soldiers got a bum rap. Filipino soldiers who were captured at Bataan in 1942 got a bum rap. In the 1942 North African Campaign, Italian soldiers got a bum rap. Before 1949, Chinese soldiers often got a bum rap from Westerners. Now it is PC to give Arab soldiers a bum rap. The American 1991 First Punitive Expedition to Iraq. Pictures showed the Iraqis soldiers in the most devastating of circumstances. Now, in the Second Punitive Expedition to Iraq, we are again minimizing the Iraqi soldiers.

Yet we conveniently overlook the heroism shown every day by the Iraqi policeman. Shown every day by the Iraqi Security Force trainees. In both cases, the families of those men are exposed to brutality and death by so-called insurgents. Lawlessness threatens the very existence of any state. Iraq is fighting for its survival as a coherent nation-state. Maybe the oldest country on earth. It is probable the Israelites came from Mesopotamia. Iraq. 3,500 years ago. And not from Egypt.

And here we are, sitting in our gated communities, afraid to travel to the slums and ghettos of our own American cities, and we mock people who face death every day.

Hmm?

[edit on 5/6/2006 by donwhite]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join