It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone need help reconising old ww2 reserch?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
if anyone needs help reconising any ww2 reserch pics or descriptions i would be happy to help

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Yes, please help me identify this aircraft

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
sorry i havnt the faintst idear, i can only conclude that it is a secret ww2 or per war aircraft that probebly would have been used to trandport spies in and out of their destination as it seems to have rather large and long flaps. its job would have been similar to that of the Westland Lysander mk 3 and as it is similar in its design layout i sugest you try reserching the Lysander projects

if you are intested in reserch aircraft like me then i think you should look at www.luft46.com

thank you and post me if you do find out what this intresting monstrosity is.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

As the French were using a roundel insignia, going blue, white, red from the centre, it was decided in a spirit of co-operation to adopt the same pattern but reverse the colours. - The Guardian

If it is French, that would explain its odd appearance.

posted by knolage_magichian

Sorry I haven’t the fainted idea. I conclude that it is a secret ww2 or per war aircraft that probably would have been used to transport spies in and out of their destination as it seems to have rather large and long flaps. if you are interested in research aircraft like me then I think you should look at www.luft46.com Thank you and post me if you do find out what this interesting monstrosity is. [Edited by Don W]

Do you think the cowl is over-long for a spy drop plane? Like it may hold a RR Merlin? Do I see up-pointing exhaust stacks? The tail empennage has very short vertical fins for the rudders. Small to lower air resistance which is no advantage in a spy drop plane. It looks as if the cockpit is located far aft. Note what might be a head-rest behind the wing. In the US in the late 20s the very short fuselage was in vogue. Look at old Thompson Trophy race planes. Held in Cleveland I believe. Now known in an unfriendly way as Rust City. Very interesting.

[edit on 5/5/2006 by donwhite]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
thanks for the pointers.

Can you help me ID this fighter?

[edit on 5-5-2006 by planeman]

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
the more i look at it the more i think it is a fw 190 as fw usualy used ridal engines and not inline engines it is a middle war aircraft and it clearly has a theatre band on it

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Looks more like an IAR to me, what do you reckon?

top topics

join